The Christian Onslaught

by satinka 205 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Godrulz....why not try just sowing the seed and if it is going to....let it flourish?

Sometimes it just seems like you are flogging a dead horse. And it turns into a battle rather than sharing your faith. You cannot ever make someone else see what you want them to see. You can only give them the information you have, and let it rest. What they do with it after that is up to them.

I need to take this advice myself sometimes, so I thought I would share it with you.

• tec
    tec
    paul is an excellent example of someone who was well versed in the OT and he was able to teach the congregation the reason we should put our faith in Jesus Christ because of what it said in the OT

Paul being well versed in the OT did not bring him to Christ. He actually fought against Christ and his followers, despite his knowledge of the OT. The scriptures might have helped him teach others about the 'proof' of Jesus being the Messiah (even though they didn't do anything for him) Only Christ Himself, turned Paul around.

As per the rest of this thread, I believe the truth is so much more simple than man has made it:

Christ.

Simple.

He is the Truth.

Look to Him. In Spirit, of course. But most of us need to know something about someone in order to want to follow Him. So look also to what He did and taught, first and foremost over any of the other writings. Because He is the one we must follow. Love Him first, and follow His commands - which are born out of love.

John 14:23 "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

Knock and keep knocking. Seek and keep seeking. Pray, listen, believe that He will hear and answer you in Spirit. Take a leap of faith and do not be discouraged.

Peace to you all in Christ,

Tammy

• watersprout
    watersprout

LMAO at Still thinking!

Knock and keep knocking. Seek and keep seeking. Pray, listen, believe that He will hear and answer you in Spirit. Take a leap of faith and do not be discouraged.

Tammy you are fab!

Peace

• jgnat
    jgnat

Deputy Dog, wontleave, still thinking, and Terra Incognita, thank you for the belly laugh this morning. Deputy Dog, you scamp, laying another label at my feet. LOL.

If this is a soap opera, perhaps it is time to renegotiate my contract. I'll let the script writer put me in a coma/jail/remote exotic locale for a while. (Hubby, a soap opera junkie, is always asking why this or that character is bumped off. I tell him their contract is up for renewal)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

A few things:

God can only be revealed in a limted way to Us as we are NOW, we are limited in our capacity to understand God.

God is revealed to us in th Universe he created, in the words of men inspired to write about him (this is STILL going on and is nt limited to the bible by the way) and God is revealed in the "best" possible way for us human through his ONLY Son, Jesus Christ.

To focus only on only 1 or 2 ways in which God is revealed gives us only a partial picture, even more partial then when we understand ALL his revelation.

Jesus gave a commission to SOME of His followers, not all, to preach the word and as Paul mentiones, not ALL are qualified to be teachers or preachers or healers or prophesiers.

Each one of us gets the gifts that the HS gives unto US when we accept Jesus As our Lord and saviour.

Not ALL can or should be teachers or preachers or healers, etc, etc.

Lets be truthful here for a moment, when we try to preach our Lord and the Gospel, if we end up turning away more people and make people dislike Our Lord, perhaps we are NOT suited for preaching work and should leave that for those that CAN preach the Word of God and preach it well.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Janet...

you said: "I am a teacher and encourager. Ineffective evangelism bothers me. I am sure godrulz…and you…are quite unaware how unpleasantly you represent your honest beliefs. A different approach, and you would have a completely different result. You would have fewer “opposers” but is that such a bad thing?"...

the way I've approached the preaching work on JWD and JWN has been radically different than godrulz...so I suppose it's just the message that you find unpleasant. I'm a teacher and encourager irl too to the extent that I can be, but to be a teacher and encourager within the church and for the church and Jesus is different ...for instance, because you have a hard time with godrulz' approach to evagelization you've been vocal in tearing him up...I, on the other hand understand that his message is sound and will over look his shortcomings as an evangelist because 1 peter 4:8-9...I have taken a bit of time from the teaching and evangelization that is my "job" (on this forum) in order to minister to the lowliest...the weakest link in YOUR daisy chain.

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear bob1999...

to answer your statement about God having everything to do with our salvation because He draws one to Jesus Christ...

I agree with you on this statement, however...our free will right to reject the Son of God is purely in our hands...if not this implies that God is responsible for the rejection too? (do you think that it is in the heart of God that He desires some to reject His Son and salvation)?...what about the will of God that all men might be saved?...there was a DIFFERENCE AND A PURPOSE for God hardening the heart of pharoah and the Jewish people(who are going to be grafted back in for and to the glory of God)...and His continueing call to ALL that they might come to His Son for salvation.the AGE OF GRACE is...the gospel, an open call to all: jew or greek, slave or free. john 12:32

love michelle

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Thus saith Godrulz:

LOL!! "Zawahiri" is an actor in Florida...

http://www.ken-welch.com/

• watersprout
    watersprout
    His continueing call to ALL that they might come to His Son for salvation.the AGE OF GRACE is...the gospel, an open call to all: jew or greek, slave or free.

I wasn't going to post but the comment above made me.

ALL of Israel will be saved and this includes ALL Jews.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am a teacher and an encourager in all my realms, myelaine/michelle. I minister this way in my church, in my profession, and on this discussion board.

I have read your posts for a while, myeliane/michelle, and I think you are ineffective, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit