The Christian Onslaught

by satinka 205 Replies latest jw friends

• satinka
    satinka

*Sigh* I have been noticing lately there are a number of groups of "Christians" signing up as members of this forum, with the obvious agenda of gaining converts for their own cult-like religions. I have been wondering things like:

Is this karmic? After years of us knocking on doors --- year --- after --- year --- is it now OUR TURN to keep saying "no thanks" --- year --- after --- year --- ?

Upon leaving the jws, many of us are "sensitised" to the "mind-control" that goes on in religion. Sure, they say they love Christ...doesn't everyone? In some shape or form? Why is THEIR Christ the best "ONE" to love?

Why do these "Christians" think we are easy prey to their propaganda? Is it because they know we have a spiritual essence? Some of us by choice --- some of us by force --- find ourselves without a religion? Is it so bad to be without religion? I don't think so. It feels healthy to me.

Many ex-jws are the walking wounded and religion is the cause. Why would these "Christians" think we could be sucked in to religion YET AGAIN?

Why do all "Christians" think they are the ONLY AUTHENTIC ones?

Like I have stated on other threads, when these super-fine apostle "Christians" pop up on the radar it feels like my ex has popped into my group therapy session. It feels invasive. It feels disrespectful of our healing space. Don't they have any respect? Any boundaries? Apparently not!

Personally, I am NOT at all "receptive" to their propaganda. It sounds unbelievably and eerily similar to the JW spiel, which I find repulsive --- rather than attractive. I'm thinking of signing off of the forum forever. I hate being inundated with their propaganda. Maybe it is an over-reaction. Especially in view of the suggestion we are given on dealing with Trolls...the simple step of ignoring them. Yet, it is hard to ignore, because of the buttons that get pushed...

Hmmm...maybe I'll try ignoring them.

Thank you Simon for the space to vent.

satinka

• designs
    designs

I like that they come and let it all hang out....truth in advertising I like to call it

• pirata
    pirata

Yeah, I was getting POd a bit too last week at all the "you're going to hell if you don't worship the true way" stuff that was going on here. Now I just trying to ignore them.

That being said, I like the free exchange of ideas here from Christians, atheists and others. It's when people start to insist that they're right and push it on others, that it can get disrespectful.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

To be honest, this is probably the most atheistic forum that I frequent, LOL !

• jgnat
  • ziddina
    ziddina
    Yeah, I was getting POd a bit too last week at all the "you're going to hell if you don't worship the true way" stuff that was going on here.

(Per Pirata, heh, heh... )

RAts!! And here I SWORE that I'd just read a few threads and then get back to work... But this thread just looked too interesting to pass by...

Which threads?? Anyone feel like posting a link?? Thanks in advance!

Satinka, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said,

"these "Christians" think we are easy prey to their propaganda..."

Of course, THEY don't think of themselves as predators...

Zid

• pirata
    pirata

That being said, I seem to recall seeing some "aggresive" atheists on this board as well who I'm sure have been just as offensive to Christians.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    That being said, I seem to recall seeing some "aggresive" atheists on this board as well who I'm sure have been just as offensive to Christians.

True, and while being called ignorant and lacking any critical thinking skills or just plain stupid ( as I have been, including being called a horrible father) is bad, I don't think it is as bad as someone saying my nuts are gonna roast in hell for all eternity, LOL!

I try my best to ignore the two polar opposites that are so similar in their ways.

• watersprout
    watersprout

I made the mistake of retailating and now i'm the one that is being made to look stupid.. Byyyyy.... wait for it.... ANOTHER CHRISTIAN! I didn't like being told unless i follow their ''Jesus'' i'm going to hell. I will be on a different level to Hitler and the devil though.

Peace

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I've noticed as well. It's not all Christians. But there are some that have no connection with JWs, but come here looking to convert prey on people they perceive as vulnerable. Frankly, I find it a little insulting to be viewed as a lost soul, in need of saving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit