The Christian Onslaught

by satinka 205 Replies latest jw friends

• satinka
    satinka

godrulz states:

I have done my homework for decades to my satisfaction.

You mean to say, your view fits your pre-existing views/beliefs? Well, geez...my alcoholic father chose a religion that fit his pre-existing patriarchal views about beating his children, abusing his wife and treating her as a possession... rather than his beloved life partner. He was a "Christian."

satinka

• godrulz
    godrulz

I did not have preconceived views before I had views?! I went to Bible College and deviated significantly from the denominational party line on many points, even to the point of being questioned with doubt at my ordination interview for ministry. My Open Theism views are considered heretical by most, but I was willing to embrace a more biblical position despite being a minority and having to abandon previously held tradition. I also reject Augustinian 'original sin', a vast majority held position across most denominational lines. My Pentecostal views also would grate much of evangelical Christianity. I desire truth, not tradition that is not true (many traditions are true).

• satinka
    satinka

Since you are an evangelical Christian...Do you believe in Dominionism?

http://www.theocracywatch.org/dominionism.htm

satinka

• godrulz
    godrulz

No, God's kingdom is not of this world. America is not a theocracy like ancient Israel was. There is a danger of mixing politics and Christianity. I do believe in the rule of God, Christian influence through politics, etc., but most evangelicals are not Dominionists (they have some valid principles, but not as a whole world view).

• satinka
    satinka

Is your religion the only right religion? If so, how do you know for sure?

satinka

• godrulz
    godrulz

My flavor of religion is not the only right one (Pentecostal). Biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity is the only right one because it follows the only founder who is God and who rose from the dead. If Buddha was God and rose from the dead, I would endorse Buddhism. Since Buddhism is essentially atheistic and Buddha is dead as a door nail, it is a false religion.

The Bible is divine revelation. I would not know about God, Christ, salvation, gospel, etc. apart from this revelation (creation gives general vs special revelation). Christ made claims and proved them by His resurrection. The veracity of my Christian faith rises or falls on the person and work of Christ as revealed in Scripture. Christian apologetics gives more than enough reasons to believe, but most are too lazy or arrogant to do anything other than scoff and mock.

If there is a God, and there is, then He is responsible and has revealed Himself. Hundreds of millions would die for their faith in God that is based on facts, not presumption. We can also show why modern Mormonism, JWs, Christian Science, David Koresh, Jim Jones, Islam, Moonies, etc. are not divine revelation, but counterfeits, false religions. The Word will again be the standard of truth. This is not begging the question/circular reasoning if the Word is in fact from God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit