The Christian Onslaught

by satinka 205 Replies latest jw friends

• satinka
    satinka

Prisoner wrote:

JESUS SENT YOU, your delusional man,are you drunk ? I used to believe i was directed by angels, as i went door to door Watchtower told us

Ha! Another way the "superfine apostle" christians are similar to the JWs! Well done, Prisoner!

Cheers,

satinka

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

There's definitely an ebb and flow when it comes to the Christian/Athiest thing and sometimes it seems like there are more than the other at certain points. I have the utmost love and respect for many of the Christian posters here - like Tec, Snowbird, Psac, Shelby and Watersprout to name a few. People like godrulz really burn me up though; the sanctimonious self importance and lack of humor or self deprecation make me want to return every post of his with atheist preaching (for lack of a better term). And I'm not even 100% convinced that I'm an atheist!

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear watersprout...

why don't you go back and read what you wrote to me and look at your attitude in the thread we were on yesterday and decide for yourself if the love of your God and for your God is flowing out of your mouth...

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. luke 6:45 ...Jesus Christ said that.

love michelle

• godrulz
    godrulz

poopsie cannot differentiate true vs false Christians. Snowbird and waterspout cannot both be Christians if they have opposite views on the founder, Jesus Christ (Creator vs creature).

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Satinka;

Post #253:

"Are you saying they think there are not enough Christians in the world? What would happen if they killed off all the non-Christians...then to whom would they preach?"

Imperialism, in its many forms is about maximizing the number of people in your religion; the amount of territory in your empire; or the amount of revenue for you corporation (not simply by selling more but by absorbing and eliminating the competition). Dominion Christianity, the most virulent form of Fundamentalism, actually advocates Old Testament Law based Theocracy with the conversion of this nation (See also , then the world to their Christianity. Non-Christians would either be severely repressed or executed (depending on whether they're moderates or hardliners).

Maintaining a steady number of non-members to preach to is not the goal of any expansionistic organization. They simply want to maximize, to the greatest degree possible, their membership.

By the way, Sarah Palin and her husband are Dominionists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sixDDLSN46s

Terra Incognita:Why does anyone think he is more special than others?

Satinka: "Not everyone thinks they are more special than someone else. This appears to be a phenomenon peculiar to religious fanatics."

My apologies; I made a mistake in wording. It should read "Why do some people think they are more special than others?". I was trying to equate their mentality with that of everyone else who thinks they're mosre special than others; even if they're not religious. Yes, fundamentalist religions are the poster children for such an attitude, but it's a widespread phenomenom amongst political and economic ideologues.

"Thanks for spending all that time explaining your strategies and reasonings. It's wa-a-a-a-y helpful to hear."

You're most welcome, Satinka.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

poopsie cannot differentiate true vs false Christians. Snowbird and waterspout cannot both be Christians if they have opposite views on the founder, Jesus Christ (Creator vs creature).

Just when I thought you were the shallowest poster here, you managed to drain a little more out of the pool.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    poopsie cannot differentiate true vs false Christians

Can anyone differentiate between you and a sanctimonious twit?

• bohm
    bohm

evidence suggest godrulz cannot differentiate between his hat and his ass...

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I have the utmost love and respect for many of the Christian posters here - like Tec, Snowbird, Psac, Shelby and Watersprout to name a few

Poopsie you made me blush! Love ya too!

why don't you go back and read what you wrote to me and look at your attitude in the thread we were on yesterday and decide for yourself if the love of your God and for your God is flowing out of your mouth...

What is your problem?? Just because i don't want to worship the same God as you, the God who would send loving people to hell just because they don't believe?? I think i will pass. Nowt wrong with my attitude, got a good healthy one! You have never met me and have no idea of what comes out my mouth, loving or otherwise. Just remember when your pointing your judgemental finger at me, there's three fingers pointing back at you!

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. luke 6:45 ...Jesus Christ said that.

So you are calling me good?? Evil??

Snowbird and waterspout cannot both be Christians if they have opposite views on the founder, Jesus Christ (Creator vs creature).

Godrulz you have no right to judge me. You have NO IDEA of the relationship i have with my Lord... My faith is mine, not yours to rip apart. Way to go with showing the love Christians have for one another! Idiot! What on earth are you on about?? (creator vs creature)

I really hope Syl see's what you have put about her. She will bitch slap you into next week. I will be waiting ready to hold her coat!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I agree with the OP. It's annoying.

On the other hand, it gives an opportunity to show the entirety of cyberspace what we're all made of, from atheist to true believer and all stripes in between.

Facebook can be worse if you aren't careful about who you friend. Not all ex-JWs have left religion, unfortunately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit