The Christian Onslaught

by satinka 205 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Janet...

Jesus gave all His disciples permission to preach...it is called the great commission.

It looks like you have made it your concern to rag godrulz' ass all over this forum(and by extention all evangelicals)...why is that? the scripture says: "And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love." ephesians 4:11-16

where precisely are you in the ministry?...If godrulz has been given a gift, lets say the "job" of evangelization...who are you to tell him he's not excercising his gift properly?...you didn't bestow the gift. And if we are given these gifts they are used to built up the church...not ourselves. why do you keep attacking godrulz personally when he is just delivering a message?...

I wonder if you are content to allow others to be blown about by every wind of doctine because you yourself are not grounded in your faith?...that seems to be the case if one was to call them self a skeptical christian....don't you think?...or is it that you just think that truth can't be known?...I wonder why one might think that unless they have blown about with every wind of doctrine. Jesus was the truth and He also showed by His actions that one can learn the truth from the scripture as He Himself did...paul is an excellent example of someone who was well versed in the OT and he was able to teach the congregation the reason we should put our faith in Jesus Christ because of what it said in the OT...he didn't just pull stuff out of thin air...his faith was grounded. He also told timothy,who was also well grounded in the scripture, not to forget what he had told him...1 corinthians 14:32...discipleship is not nursing pet ideas(regardless of how "spiritual" they may appear), discipleship is more than running around and putting bandaids on booboo's...luke 6:40

love michelle

• watersprout
    watersprout

WOW! This thread is still going??

Just seems to be going round in circles!

Peace

• jgnat
    jgnat

Myelaine/michelle: where precisely are you in the ministry?...

I am a teacher and encourager. Ineffective evangelism bothers me. I am sure godrulz…and you…are quite unaware how unpleasantly you represent your honest beliefs. A different approach, and you would have a completely different result. You would have fewer “opposers” but is that such a bad thing?

I won’t discuss my relative groundedness. My world view is pretty solid.

Godrulz: I cannot intelligently dialogue with you because you don't want to disclose your beliefs...

I’m having similar difficulty communicating with you. I’d rather frame discussions with logic rather than pedantry (i.e. quoting scripture). You can know me, if we ask questions and respond on tangible matters (not matters of faith). Debates regarding the length of God’s toenails, or who or who will not enter heaven, are pointless. God knows.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Debates regarding ..., who or who will not enter heaven, are pointless. God knows.

Wow! jgnat a hyper-Calvinist.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

@jgnat

You need to just ignore him. He so obviously sees himself as your superior and teacher, you as a lost soul in need of him to save you. He has a messiah complex of epic proportions. He has a cult mentality, because he just throws stuff out there like you know it and agree, but you're just being belligerent, so he's going to pound you with it until you admit he's right. He's no different than the JWs who tell you "You know it's the truth" when you've already shown them over and over that you know it isn't. He's doesn't care about, and isn't listening to, anything you have to say other than to find fault. There is no dialogue, just his delusion of a pulpit. I stopped talking to him long ago, because he's an arrogant fool, an ideologue, and a deaf broken record. He runs and hides from questions posed to him, sidesteps and stonewalls, gives convoluted non-answers when he's trapped in his ridiculous crap, muddies the waters and frustrates all progress of any attempt at a discussion, and bulldozes dogmatic tirades while ignoring everything that proves him to be wrong. He uses arbitrary lists of scriptures that don't bolster his points at all, just like the JWs who staple Bible verses to their man-made rules as a pathetic attempt to pass them off as "Bible-based counsel".

The Pharisees tried to trap Jesus in his words and that's all he's trying to do with you. He keeps demanding answers to his questions, just like the religious leaders who refused to see their error or their Godless nature. There comes a time when you have to realize you're giving what is holy to dogs and casting pearls before swine. He's looking for an opportunity to trample them under and rip you open. The Pharisees had the Sanhedrin and the Roman army, the Inquisitors had the support of the kings and their forces, the JW elders have our standing in the congregation. falsegodrulz has nothing; no authority, no means of coercion, no credibility. You owe him no response. He's a clashing cymbal, playing out of tune all over this forum. He refuses to believe nobody respects him as an authority, a scholar, or a leader because every response he gets feeds his delusion.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Bible/God gives us a mandate to go, preach, evangelize, disciple, etc. all men. We are to do this wisely and sensitively. I am aware that many have baggage and are not ready to wrestle with sound doctrine, Bible, religion, etc. because of negative triggers/associations with the previous cultic abuse. This does not free us from the responsibility to 'fish'.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Watersprout.....sure is!

Its like a long running soap opera. Will Jg ever divulge her beliefs? Will godrulz ever give up on trying to get to know her? Will romance blossom?

The answers to these questions and more in the next 55 episodes of The Christian Onslaught.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Godrulz:

Some of you throw the baby out with the bathwater and swing the pendulum too far the other way. This is a reflection of where you are at, a need for healing/wholeness, a need for maturity and obedience, etc.

Thus saith Godrulz:

• still thinking
    still thinking

There is always a psychotic killer in any good soap opera.....and looks like this one is no exception

• godrulz
    godrulz

Mye: you have a good heart and head, wisdom and character. We are all called to do the work of an evangelist, even if we are not of that office gift in the local church. So few believers share there faith, one reason the cults have flourished in the past (plus many do know what they believe and why, so they are vulnerable). There is a warfare for the souls of men. We cannot be silent and must defend and proclaim our faith (Jude 3). I am hearing that there is a good and bad way to do so and concur. This is a tuff, unique audience due to the negative past experiences that make one leary of anything that smells like the dead religion. This is why our focus is on Jesus, not religion. He is winsome, awesome, majestic, worthy. I can understand reticence to identify with organized religion, but I cannot understand why some would fear the Lord Jesus and His Church that He loved and died for (Eph. 5). Phooey, WT, for messing people up. Love and patience will win the day, I trust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit