The Christian Onslaught

by satinka 205 Replies latest jw friends

• satinka
    satinka

godrulz wrote:

Jesus is not meek and mild...the greatest wrath is seen by Jesus in the book of Revelation'

My belief is...the above is a "patriarchal" view of Jesus...not necessarily accurate.

satinka

• godrulz
    godrulz

A normative literal approach is possible with Revelation since this also includes recognizing figures of speech, symbols, etc. when the context demands it.

Sat...you can reject the Bible as the Word of God, but you should at least understand what it teaches. If it is not revelation, your views are as valid as Yoda's.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Janet...

neither you nor I can be sure who or how many are receivingthe message that I preach so it is not up to you to decide if I am ineffectual. if anything by your condemning the preaching that I do as ineffectual...you are mocking and doing the evangelist a disservice...you are not supportive of either godrulz or me and you have even gone so far as to scorn our efforts as if we were "less than"...perhaps you should reflect on what it means to serve as part of the body of Christ as opposed to being part of the world. I am content that I am doing the job(s) within the church structure that I was assigned to do and I know that God continues to bless my efforts whether you choose to bless them or not...matthew 24:45-46...

love michelle

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    A normative literal approach is possible with Revelation since this also includes recognizing figures of speech, symbols, etc. when the context demands it.

Indeed, may I suggest this book:

Word Biblical Commentary; Revelation David E. Aune (Author)

It's a 3 volume set and very wordy ( lol) but it is quite possibly the most complete and comprehensive commentary on the Book of Revelations.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

@godrulz: That wasn't an "ad hominem" attack. I didn't say your claims are wrong because you're an idiot or something (Page 5). I'm saying your way of spreading your message is ineffective. When you preach to people, no one wants to listen to what you have to say because of the way you say it. You are, therefore, not helping anyone get "right with Jesus," as it were. All you are doing is making his born-again true followers look like jerks. How does that help your or his case?

• godrulz
    godrulz

Pika: Show me a better way to say that the Bible teaches that Jesus is Lord God and that it matters whether we follow Him or a fake?

PSac: Reviewers say his commentary is hard to follow, secular, not spiritual. What is his eschatological view (preterist, futurist, post-mill, amill, pre-mill, etc.). Dwight Pentecost's 'Things to Come (eschatology)' and John Walvoord's Revelation Commentary take a normative literal approach leading to a pre-trib, pre-mill. position (futurist).

• designs
    designs

One Jesus telling so many different stories to so many Believers.........Why would he do that.

• tec
    tec
    One Jesus telling so many different stories to so many Believers.........Why would he do that.

He wouldn't. But I think you know that.

Tammy

• godrulz
    godrulz

He is not doing so. The problem is with the individuals, not with God or the Bible. The Spirit leads into one truth, but cults, denominations, etc. are evidence of the fallibility, fallenness of men, not the infallibility of God and His Word which must be correctly translated and interpreted (see more detailed answer to your lame assumption on the other thread). Is that the best that you got?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

your views are as valid as Yoda's.

That's an interesting comment from you, godrulz - and I think you have your new avatar...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit