The Christian Onslaught

by satinka 205 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Man is the one who handled the bible, though, too, godrulz. Not just in translating, but also in the choosing, and in the writing things that he/they attributed to God... but that we can see through Christ that God would not have done, or asked to be done.

Not every word in the bible is inspired. I don't know why anyone even thinks that it should be.

Tammy

• designs
    designs

Tammy-

Just look in your own case, you believe a different version than the Trinitarians, from the observer stand point what we see is a common name, Jesus, being used but different person's really with political and ethical views that are hard to reconcile ie you don't accept a literal Hell but others fervently believe its real and literal. It can't all be coming from the same person entering the minds of humans.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The original autographs are fully inspired, infallible, authoritative. They are no longer extant, but we have a wealth of manuscript evidence to restore them to great accuracy (with no significant doctrine/practice affected by any variant).

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Godrulz, Post #474:

"Jesus is not evil. Human courts deal with temporal laws based on Judeo-Christianity. The righteous Moral Governor of the universe deals with sin against Himself and others. . . . If someone raped and murdered your child, but was never caught, do you expect a holy God to pat him on the head and tell him to go to his reward in heaven, along with Satan, Hitler, etc.? You are clueless about the blazing holiness of God and the horror of sin."

You are clueless as to the demonic hypocrisy of using the example of child rape when "the horror of (such) sin" was divinely sanctioned in the Bible:

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the LORD in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the LORD’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Numbers 31:13-18--New International Version.

"The passion of the Christ shows His great love for sinners, yet great hatred for sin."

Jesus, by virtue of his being God, wrote the Old Testamnet. If Jesus believed that a woman, who went to their husband's defense by grabbing his assailant's testicles, deserves to have her hand amputated; then you are clueless about the horror of your demon God and His (Their) insanity in declaring such actions "sin".

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

Now instead of giving us platitudes about how it's so naughty of us to condemn such psychopathic actions why don't you grow some Godly balls and respond directly to the issue by answering this question?

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT IT WAS RIGHT OF JESUS/GOD TO CUT OFF WOMEN'S HANDS BECAUSE THEY CAME TO THEIR HUSBAND'S DEFENSE?

Inquiring, moral minds would like to know.

• tec
    tec
    It can't all be coming from the same person entering the minds of humans.

No, it can't. We are in complete agreement on this.

I could tell you that the Spirit compels me to understand and recognize truth when I hear it about my Lord. But sometimes (perhaps often) something I've been taught by others or by organizations gets in the way of that. I think that is one of the biggest problems that stands between 'belief' and truth. I think another thing is that people put what they want above what is actually being said.

For example: Someone who wants to fight a holy war will search the bible and find the 'scriptures' that seem to support that, even to the extent of ignoring the things that state the exact opposite.

These two reasons (and others I can't think of at the moment) are why we have so many different versions of Jesus.

(I should have written this on your other thread I suppose, but you've got it here now)

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec
    The original autographs are fully inspired, infallible, authoritative.

What makes you believe this?

Tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Good grief. This thread is almost enough to turn anyone away from Christians.

I am really starting to see that humans are not the place to look. God speaks to us individually. All I see are people saying....look here...we have the Christ....no look here...we have the Christ....didn't the bible warn us that this would happen?

• designs
    designs

ST-

What happens is a individualized invention that is close to how a person's inner ethical equalibrium works. Tammy is a very sweet and kind person her Jesus is a reflection of that. We've had Fundamentalists galore on here who invent an opposite Jesus for their purposes.

• tec
    tec

Designs - I can be a sweet and kind person - mostly I think I just try to be forgiving and non-judgmental and that comes from my Lord, which comes from love... but I am also often weak and/or apathetic, and I sometimes altar what I am going to do or say based on an 'image'. Based on what others might think of me. My Lord was not those things, and neither do those things spring from love. I have not made Him in my image, or I might try and find a way to justify my faults.

Peace,

Tammy

• satinka
    satinka

still thinking wrote:

All I see are people saying....look here...we have the Christ....no look here...we have the Christ....didn't the bible warn us that this would happen?

Yes, I recall seeing that.

A bunch of patriarch$ picked and chose which books to call the "Bible." The books they selected were in support of their pre-existing patriarchal religious views, in my humble opinion. After leaving the JWs, it has become clear to me that religious patriarch$ have their OWN interests in mind as they lead their fleeced flocks down the garden path.

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit