The Christian Onslaught

by satinka 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Curtains
    Curtains

The point I wish to make is that Jesus said lots of contradictiory things that believers can use to justify cruelties to others including the one about taking up the sword.

But on the other hand in order to unify all of what Jesus and to rationalise contradictory statements one has to divest them of their power. I prefer to let Jesus words contradict so that I can question them and see them as suggesting the powerful problems we have to confront and deal with.

but thanks to tec and psac and myelaine for your thoughts.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I get it, godrulz, that your worldview is consistent and harmonious in every way, based on the bible. With that sort of certainty, you can proceed with confidence, "knowing" that the words from your mouth, direct from the bible, have divine import, with almost godlike powers to heal and support.

Speak the truth in love.

You can't do that if you do not know the object of your love. Do you love Ranunculacae Clematis? How can you? You don't even know what it is. Jesus' amazing power to love and heal flowed out of his knowing. You are not all-knowing, so you make mistakes.

You do not know what I think or feel, for instance, and that is on purpose. I have wanted you to approach me based on the quality of my questions and comments. Instead, you try and tag a label on me so you can reference your book of "answers" to that particular label. You are not trustworthy to protect my heart or respect my mind. You bumble around where bulls fear to tread. Lots of broken china in your wake.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The point I wish to make is that Jesus said lots of contradictiory things that believers can use to justify cruelties to others including the one about taking up the sword.

Unfortunately you are correct that many believers CAN take what Christ said and use it to justify horrific things, or what Paul said foer that matter.

Of course those that do that will have to answer for that and I would NOT want to be in their shoes because if there is ONE THING the God and Christ do not forgive it is blasphemy against the HS and that is what people that twist the words of Christ and his apostles are doing.

I would rather err on the side of love and be forgiven for being too loving, then err of the side of blasphemy.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Think about this, godrulz: are you making converts of any of us by being a jerk? If not, and we are lost souls you cannot save, then why are you here? Do you have nothing better to do than pick on us? Don't you have a Church service to go to or something? Unless you are willing to contribute something useful and thoughtful to our discussions, you shouldn't be yapping about how righteous you are. How does that benefit you or anyone else? Isn't that the number one sign of being a self-righteous jerk? And we're supposed to trust you have the truth, on that premise?

• godrulz
    godrulz

I am not bragging about my self-righteousness, but pointing people to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone. Don't like me, but at least be fairer. I am not boasting in my greatness or goodness, but the grace of God. I am dissing the WT when necessary and urging people to follow Scripture/God/Christ. Ad hominem attacks will not silence me. Read every post. I am also asking questions to understand JW mindset, talking about doctrinal issues (original sin) with my fellow Christians, etc. Mature people can agree to disagree and share convictions. It does not seem acceptable due to personal bias against myself. It would be unloving to keep truth to myself or to compromise the Word to be popular. The Holy Spirit alone converts, convicts, convinces, but He does use believers to point people to truth. JWs are not wrong to do so, just wrong for promoting false content.

• satinka
    satinka

Speak the truth in love.

My point is if one does not know how to love the self, one is also incapable of loving others. Love is foreign to one who does not love.

The lack of love is not the fault of such a one.

Has not religion withheld such vital knowledge about how love operates?

satinka

• godrulz
    godrulz

Jesus is love incarnate. Those who know Him should be experts on love.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Hi there, ya'll.

This is my Jesus.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I don't get it. Some of you are puppets of Satan, but Jesus is Sovereign, Lord of all. One is not wise to mock Him who died for you and will judge the quick and the dead.

• satinka
    satinka
    Jesus is love incarnate. Those who know Him should be experts on love.

This...coming from someone who thinks of himself as fat and ugly---Is this a person who is an expert on love?

Jesus may very well be loving, but what does that have to do with unloving, harsh, judgmental religion?

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit