...Were Trump`s comments about Obama Racist?...

by OUTLAW 178 Replies latest social current

• snowbird
    snowbird

No, those names were channeled to speculate that maybe, just maybe, Trump is play-acting.

What do you mean "ancient" names?

Syl

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

James_woods:

"Well, for one thing - people who want to bring up the race card are posting things about Strom Thurmond and George Wallace right here on this thread."

That is not a response to the poll that I linked to. I stated the logic of the situation very clearly. If there are so many Republicans in Mississippi that have such outlandish beliefs then it stands to reason that there definitely is a similar situation throughout the "Red States".

Whether comments about other politicians like the ones you mentioned are correct or not is irrelevant to the issue of how people perceive Obama. The evidence is obvious.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

JeffT:"I do not know if he is racist."

Jeff; whether or not Donald Trump is being racist is irrelevant. He is definitely a demagogue who panders to the prejudices of his audience, which is substantially racist. Everything else that you brought up is irrelevant to the issue of Obama.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    It's the same kind of blathering done about George W. Bush.

False equivalency.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Jeff; whether or not Donald Trump is being racist is irrelevant. He is definitely a demagogue who panders to the prejudices of his audience, which is substantially racist.

Jeez - that is just about the most fractured logic I have read in a good long while.

On a thread titled "Were Trump's comments about Obama Racist" you just posted "whether or not Donald Trump is being racist is irrelevant" - and then go on in the next sentence to imply that he is essentially racist.

I still have not heard anybody quote anything Trump actually said that is specifically racist.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I could see how many would take it as Racist... I don't think he meant it like that...

He is a Media WHORE!!! He takes credit for the Birth Cer. being released then goes on this rampage about College.

Regardless of what you like of the President... His response was Presidential.... We have more serious things to worry about...

As the Southern States were going what they were going thru as hundreds were dying....as the Middle East is ready to Explode!

And the Hundreds of other things that need to be taken care of....

I think Trump was focusing on himself.....NOT THE COUNTRY!

What did he say.......I'm very Proud of what I made happen ...not a quote .... a jist!!!

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

James_woods:

On a thread titled "Were Trump's comments about Obama Racist" you just posted "whether or not Donald Trump is being racist is irrelevant" - and then go on in the next sentence to imply that he is essentially racist.

James; it is clear that it is your statement that is "fractured". My next sentence, which you did not quote, clearly DOES NOT state or IMPLY that Trump is racist. It obviously states that he is pandering to an audience that is substantially racist. Here is my statement again:

"Jeff; whether or not Donald Trump is being racist is irrelevant. He is definitely a demagogue who panders to the prejudices of his audience, which is substantially racist."

As for the title of the thread, James, you obviously did not notice the question mark at the end of the sentence. That's obvious because in your quote of the title you did not include a question mark. Since the statement is in the form of a question, it is obviously asking for the poster's opinion of whether or not Trump is racist. I gave my opinion. My opinion is: "whether or not Donald Trump is being racist is irrelevant."

How clearer can that get?

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Charlie Brown jr."

"I think Trump was focusing on himself.....NOT THE COUNTRY!

What did he say.......I'm very Proud of what I made happen ...not a quote .... a jist!!!"

Dead on, Charlie Brown! That was so (subconsciously) obvious to most of us, that we did not even think of mentioning it.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Trump's comments concerning Obama's BC or now his college/university grades come out of taking shots at the political leader in Washington.

It has nothing to do with racism, although some people have been making those suggestions.

Why is this so right now ?..... most likely because Trump's own business empire is slowly eroding, thats mostly the reason why.

One must keep in-mind that Trump's own business empire was mostly built up on realestate investments.

And we all know what has happen to that part of the US economy.

The Donald doesn't want to see his own personal financial empire collapse down, maybe into bankruptcy.

Trump's political suggestions or ideologies are structured wholly on a business commercial platform.

He still is a big mouth businessman, that may be taking shots deliberately at Washington because he's

worried about his own business investments/ventures, which he has alot invested in real-estate deals and acquisitions.

Which you could assume has dramatically slid down over the past few years.

Sure he saying he wants to see the US do better financially and grow into prosperity but he also is thinking

about his own personal financial empire. There is a hidden agenda underneath that hair piece or floor mat on top of his head.

I also think that his reality Tv show has gone to his head a little too much. ( no pun intended )

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

iAs a New Yorker, I've had strong antiDonald feelings for decades. Mr. Blustery. Old money is not a braggard. His buildings are a blight, out of proportion with the rest of the neighborhood. He is a character, though. I suppose he annoys me more than I truly hate him.

This episode was very low even for Donald. He is not a true racist, only an oportunist. I recall Geo. Wallace and Strom Thurmond preached segregation and when the blacks gained the franchise and power, they were much more liberal. He needed to boost ratings for his show. The birth certificate has been released. It is very sad that our first black president had to lower himself to silence these idiots. Donald isn't an idiot. In fact, I recall only a few months ago when he could not be more expansive about great Obama was.

Now he is raising the degree issue. Obama attended a mediocre college with mediocre grades. He transferred to Columbia and graduated which is no mean feat. I don't know his Columbia grades. Harvard and Yale are the two most sought after and respected law schools. Harvard has a vast pool of middle class blacks that did not need affirmative action. Let Donald blow. If OBama were given racial preference at Harvard, he was not given preference to become president of law review. Law review is the creme de la creme, the upper 5-10% of all students. No one has ever complained of poor grades from Oabam. I suspect his race was a coup for Harvard. All the prestigious schools largest preference program deals with children of alumni. Ivanka and his son were given preference to Wharton.

Obama became a community organizer, taught constitutional law (your prestige subject) at the University of Chicago, a top ten law school. Next, he served skillfully in the Illinois legislature. Trump could not be elected U.S. Senator from Illinois. Plealse, between Ivana, and the whore, a daughter named Tiffany, his comb over. Donald reminds me of the way Al Sharpton once was. A colorful lcharacter that annoys. His business have gone bankrupt. He sells his name without the underlying asset.

He must be unique. People tolerate his obscene bragging. He sells shows b/c he is a clown. And he laughs all the way to the bank, whiere his inheirited wealth is comingled with this TV show wealth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit