July 15th WT out - Coming out Swinging at Apostates Hard

by LostGeneration 138 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest
    See the name calling? we are mentaly deseased

I HATE to be the one to point this out, dear Ozzie (peace to you!), and my apologies to the OP for the brief distraction, but apparently they're not alone in this tactic. Some HERE resort to this kind of name-calling. It's why I sometimes bring up the issue of hypocrisy... which is just as alive and well here as it is there. I digress.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Some will wonder why the 'counsel' is so strong, and will conclude there is a 'need'.

Some will think it is a little over the top.

The rest will not even hear it; it will just fade into the background of what they are used to hearing.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Notice though that the Watchtower

NEVER TELLS US WHAT THESE APOSTATES ARE ACTUALLY SAYING!

They don't tell us how apostates scheme, only that they do

They don't tell us what apostates teach, only that they teach

They don't tell us why apostates are mentally diseased, only that they are

The majority of rank and file will STILL have no clue about apostates

The Watchtower has created a paradox - apostates are the invisible enemy that no one really sees or knows about, yet in reality some of us are sitting right next to them at the kingdom hall.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Soon there'll be great banqueting in which the meek will share!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

TruthSeeker said

NEVER TELLS US WHAT THESE APOSTATES ARE ACTUALLY SAYING!

They don't tell us how apostates scheme, only that they do

They don't tell us what apostates teach, only that they teach

They don't tell us why apostates are mentally diseased, only that they are

Its simply cult control 101, ad hominem attacks. From this site: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html

Description of Ad Hominem

Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

1. Person A makes claim X.
    2. Person B makes an attack on person A.
    3. Therefore A's claim is false.

The reason why an Ad Hominem (of any kind) is a fallacy is that the character, circumstances, or actions of a person do not (in most cases) have a bearing on the truth or falsity of the claim being made (or the quality of the argument being made).

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

Too funny! Guess watchtower land doesnt want to use big words anymore for their followers to look up, that could mean you may run into apostate material along the way. Gotta use 4 yr old story book words so everyone gets it and no one has to look up word meanings. The more uneducated you are means the less likelihood of thinking for yourself and leaving.

If Jw's are so protected against satan, then why fear apostate material? They make no sense.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Peoples,

Don't you love the fact that we have all but deconstructed and overanalyzed the whole mag here in 2 days, when the zombified dub won't even have to look at the articles until Labor Day (first Monday of September for folks outside of the US)!

That's what I call running ahead of someone's medieval vehicle

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow...looks like the watchtower heavies are realy closing in on the big bad apostates. Cause were trying to keep them from 'bible truths.' SMH.

When I read this thread, this song by ludacris went through my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yt849wJyVk

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I have yet to see anyone attempting to recruit any "disciples after themselves" or even suggest attending another organized religion! In fact I am here for myself and not interested in trying to change anyone's belief system especially the seemingly contented bro. at the hall

I feel the same way. I just don't get this "draw disciples after themselves." Where or when the heck has that ever happened? Or are they, in their infinite paranoia and wild interpretation, referring to merely revealing or disclosing where the Society has been wrong? I mean, just telling someone where the WT has printed erroneous or misleading material? Do they consider THAT drawing disciples after themselves?

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

I feel the same way. I just don't get this "draw disciples after themselves." Where or when the heck has that ever happened?

That's their pompous rant from the earliest of times i would hear over and over how the evil slave wanna be da boss and usurp Jehovah arrangement just like dathan korah abriabam usurp moses and the ground swallowed them up same jazz from them

Jim Jones don't want rivals

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit