July 15th WT out - Coming out Swinging at Apostates Hard

by LostGeneration 138 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Glander
    Glander

I have been out a long tme. This thread is of special interest to me. I have a couple of questions...

This being the middle of April I am surprised that a July 15th WT is available. I recall getting the mags 5 or 6 wks before the cover date. Is this the standard mailing sched. now?

From info received here I understand that there are public and publisher versions of the WT. Are the above discussed articles in the public version?

I would like to have a copy, could I obtain one 'over the counter" or would I have to get one through a publisher?

Thanks for any clarification.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Glander,,check jw.org for available literature noted on JW site. You can get these JW literature items online downloaded now-a-days. Free. (at least that is "good news" finally.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Glander- there is the public edition, the study edition and the new simplified English study edition! You can obtain a copy from witnesses in your area but as noted by Gayle- the jw.org website posts PDF versions in advance you can download for free. Issues from the past six months are available.

They post the new issues every Thursday for 3 weeks in a row, skip 2 weeks, then begin again with the following months issues.

The articles mentioned are only in the July 15 study editions.

• factfinder
    factfinder

The gb are so desperate to hang on to their flock. Fear and insults are all they know how to use.

• oompa
    oompa

sadly....i am afraid that most of this article will fall on deaf ears...i like the points posted about why dont they ever tell the flock what the apostates would be saying....but they have actually.....they have pointed out apostates say no door to door ministry is needed....and that we may not be in the last days....not sure if they have mentioned questioning the FDS as to if they have gods holy spirit but im sure i heard it in a talk at least once........oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Geez Oompa..

We were worried you got nailed by a tornado..

................ ...OUTLAW

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WONT LEAVE: I totally agree with your post. You have laid out all the possible reasons why the religion is acting the way they are. You have described what makes them tick. Doesn't sound very holy or righteous to me. More like a desperate strategy to stem the loss of so many members who want no more of it. It definitely sounds like it will become smaller and meaner with more radicalized people. Wow, we should be thankful they have no REAL power in society. Scary.

• clarity
    clarity

MtM,

Darn good chance of this, they really should have second thoughts about showing that the "sheep & goats" thing is a future event. Whoops!

If jw's only looked closer at it, they would see .... a whole lot more hasn't been fulfilled either ...but is still future!! lol

"Maybe, just maybe they will change the doctrine of "the separating work" again. Maybe the GB is now the body that will separate the sheep from the goats here in the visible organization.

Jesus has recently been put in his place as a mere tool of God and they of course assumed the role as mediator.

This article is a filter, designed to flush out the true goats and keep the visible organization clean.

MtM"

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

As posted on here earlier (Syl?) the organization is repeating the name calling and demonizing of the 1980's. Found on "watchtower the critical years"1975-97.

As previously mentioned, several of the key doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses are based on 1914, such as the choosing of the organization in 1918 as the "faithful and discreet slave" and the separation of the organization into two classes in 1935.

To destroy the credibility of 1914 as the invisible return of Christ would truly devastate the entire authority structure of the Governing Body.

They could not be pointed to as the "appointed channel" of communication (actually, the mediator) between God and unregenerate man.

Readers of the Bible within the organization would then be obliged to conclude that all true Christians would be with Christ and must be born-again, as Jesus insisted (John 3:3,7).

They would have no need for any man or organization to teach them, for, as 1 John 2:27 says, the Holy Spirit would teach them, even as Jesus promised in John 14:16-26.

The "straw" of factual historical evidence had begun to break the camel's back.

Same old garbage!!

clarity

While it appeared as if nothing became of this for a few years, much trouble was brewing.

Changes in organizational structure put more power in the hands of several key men on the Governing Body, who were not about to allow their power structure to be undermined by such self-destructive evidence.

A lid was officially sealed on any discussion of these matters, yet individuals within the organization asked questions, especially at Bethel.

By 1979, the evidence became known to several in the Spanish JW community in New York City, and it got back to the Governing Body around Memorial time in 1980.

Those who "talked" were dragged before special committees set up after hours in isolated parts of the factory at 117 Adams Street.

Cris and Norma Sanchez, who aided in translating the New World Translation from English to Spanish, and who had lived at Bethel for many years as faithful servants, were accused of "conspiring against the organization" and were called names before the others present, even by a member of the GoverningBody, Dan Sydlik. Denounced as leeches, a cancer, and worms, they were given a few hours to pack up their belongings under total silence and leave the headquarters - they were now disfellowshipped. They appealed their disfellowshipping but the appeal was denied immediately.

Their presence in Brooklyn was too dangerous - others might discover the secrets they held and blow the whole organization wide open.

Others were implicated and disfellowshipped as well, such as fellow translators Nestor Kuilan and his wife, as well as Rene Vazquez.

The local elders who at first believed the testimony of these ones were later exonerated by reporting them to the Service Department, the "right arm" of the Governing Body.

Members of the Bethel family were generally in the dark about the whole thing, and most remain so to this day, believing simply the explanations that are offered by the Governing Body that it was a planned conspiracy against Jehovah's organization, and that these men and women were apostates and "spiritual fornicators" being "mentally-diseased" and "corrupt."

Little did they know that the real problems had just begun. "

• Anne Marie 1925
    Anne Marie 1925

I admit it. I committed the unforgivable sin. I became a Christian, and worse, I have the audacity to talk openly about it.

Is it any wonder the Watchtower hates Christians?? If the rank-and-file really knew for a fact that they had nothing to fear from Armageddon, and that the information that they so diligently keep from their members is what could destroy their power and control over them, they would leave in even bigger droves than they have been...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit