July 15th WT out - Coming out Swinging at Apostates Hard

by LostGeneration 138 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

This is one of the most aggressive Watchtowers I think I have ever read.

Four study articles on not "following the crowd" Not following unrealities(page 13) Not following false teachers, meaning apostates of course(p 15)

Avoiding false teachers means "refusing to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add comments to their blogs. (para 7, pg 16)

The last article is titled "God's Rest - Have you entered Into It" which is a really weird argument.

According to the article, entering into Gods rest means following the org unconditionally, (of course) because they are more interested in presenting correct new light than taking criticism for their changes. Oh, and of course it also means shunning the hell out of your kids that leave the org when they figure out it is a big scam.

I'm sure there will be dozens of threads on the specifics of this WT. My overall impression- they are running scared at this point- they can't stop the internet.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Thanks for the recap LG. What a bunch of jerks.

edited: That's a paranoid statement for sure about not adding comments to blogs.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Four study articles on not "following the crowd"

It's rather ironic that they would counsel people against "following the crowd"- a religion that prides itself on its uniformity, and attempts to stifle any form of independent thinking.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

refusing to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add comments to their blogs.

TACTIC 3. [Information Control] Disconfirming information and nonsupporting opinions are prohibited in group communication. Rules exist about permissible topics to discuss with outsiders. Communication is highly controlled. An "in-group" language is usually constructed.

http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/mind-control/how-thought-reform-works.html

following the org unconditionally
    Doctrine Over Person

Human experience is subordinated to doctrine, no matter how profound or contradictory such experiences seem. The history of the cult is altered to fit their doctrinal logic. The person is only valuable insomuch as they conform to the role models of the cult. Commonsense perceptions are disregarded if they are hostile to the cult's ideology.

http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/mind-control/eight-marks-of-a-mind-control-cult.html

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Yeah, they are loosing more and more people and don't know how to stop the trend so they have to be aggressive...

Poor guys

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

edited: That's a paranoid statement for sure about not adding comments to blogs.

Yeah I guess we can kiss goodbye to DjEggnog and AiW for good now!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Avoiding false teachers means "refusing to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add comments to their blogs. (para 7, pg 16)

This in particular stands out to me. Apparently the higher ups have noticed that when JW Apologists post their rebuttals on apostate blogs, or forums such as this, or even news articles that allow comments.....the higher ups have noticed that the JW Apologists get ROASTED. I mean SLAUGHTERED, to the point that for the WT's sake it'd be better if the apologists just didn't bother at all.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Holy crap...I just found this quote on page 16, paragraph 7. Check the scripture referenced:

Can you recall how you felt when you first learned these and other precious truths? Why, then, allow yourself to be soured by anyone who would denigrate the organization through which you learned these truths?—John 6:66-69.

66 Owing to this many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him. 67 Therefore Jesus said to the twelve: “Y OU do not want to go also, do YOU ?” 68 Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life; 69 and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Avoiding false teachers means "refusing to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them,
    examine their Web sites, or add comments to their blogs. (para 7, pg 16)

Ha-Ha!..I love it..

If we were wrong about the WBT$..

They would have an arguement other than..

"Don`t listen to the Bad People,cause they`re Bad"..

WBT$ Literature is written by adults,with the reasoning of a 4 year old child..

How many JW`s are going to stay WatchTarded,with reasoning like that?..

The WBT$ needs a new Game Plan..

.............;-)...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

LostGeneration, Outlaw says it most effectively: "WBT$ has fired Jesus!"

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit