July 15th WT out - Coming out Swinging at Apostates Hard

by LostGeneration 138 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

The article in the Watchtower is subtly introducing a LITMUS TEST, a demand for credentials and PROFILING.

Any free speech is cut off at the knees. Any honest inquiry or skepticism which tests for truth will immediately be isolated as APOSTATE.

The Boereans would be seen as Evil Slaves for "testing" whether something the Watchtower has printed was "really so" or not.

CULT CONTROL continues...

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

This wont change anything.

Those who want to will still watch, read and listen.

Most active or fading JWs dont come on exjw sites to convert people or to justify themselves,

but because they are in a dilema. They are there, because they are not happy with the things they are hearing. They are searching for something they do not have.

WTS threats will do little to deter these ones.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

This makes me happy.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I'm so tempted to comment at the meeting when this rag is studied. I'd like to point out that "Jehovah's organization" was wrong, but Caleb and Joshua did was right in spite of that fact. They didn't follow their "brothers", but had faith in their god, rather than their group. They weren't among the leadership, but lowly messengers; still when they saw everybody around them exhibiting a bad attitude - despite being "Jehovah's people" - they showed no fear for men, but focused on the only one who saves.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

And this is exactly what led to my leaving the religion, albeit indirectly.

Same here, it was comments like this that made my Spidey senses start going haywire. The article "Help Them Return Without Delay" had a comment that pretty much screamed, "explore your options!!" Mary did an awesome covering for Blondie for that weeks Watchtower Study JWN style, found here.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/170567/1/COMMENTS-YOU-WILL-NOT-HEAR-AT-THE-WT-STUDY-Help-Them-Return-Without-Delay

The paragraph that did it for me contained this question. I'll paste it below.

Paragraph 11 continues: "....Have those who stopped associating with the Christian congregation found another place where there is rich spiritual food? No, for there is none!"

Tell me that doesn't scream paranoia and fear emanating from the WT. Paragraphs like that have me wondering if there's an undercover apostate writing this stuff trying to wake people up. Or maybe they really do believe that these paragraphs are all it takes to prevent their flock from "exploring their options."

• sir82
    sir82
    Apostates "quietly" bring in their ideas into the congregation, like criminals who secretly bring things into a country.

Wowzers!

That will certainly ratchet up the paranoia in the congregations!

They've hinted at the idea that there are "active apostates" within the congregations, but now they've come right out and said it.

Can you imagine the buzz over this?

"Did you hear Brother Dull's talk last Sunday? He said something didn't seem quite right...I wonder if he's one of those 'quiet apostates' the Watchtower talked about?"

"Ya know, I've always had my suspicions about Brother Moderate. He never mentions the governing body in his prayers. And have you ever noticed he talks more about Jesus than Jehovah? I'll bet he's one of those closet apostates the Watchtower talked about."

It's very weird. How does cranking up the paranoia and fear help them? JWs are already gobbling antidepressants like M&Ms. This ought to send a bunch more over the edge.

Or is it a case of, as usual, they haven't thought about the effect their words will have, and are just shooting from the hip again?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They're too stupid to get it. They're tightening their fist around a handfull of jello, and they'll lose more than they retain. They can't control the flow of information any more.

I'll bet they never dreamed the phrase "the truth will set you free" would actually work against them.

W

• sd-7
    sd-7
    have you ever noticed he talks more about Jesus than Jehovah?

Good one! Always the mark of a false Christian--talking about JESUS too much! Oh, the horror!

I never really got paranoid about this kind of stuff--apostates were, to me, like the Ultimate Bogeyman That No One Has Actually Seen Before. I've heard they're evil, but I wouldn't know one if I saw them. I figured, if we have the truth, then falsehood is easy to recognize. We wouldn't need to do anything but say, you're wrong and here's why. That's what normal people would do if confronted with a false argument. They wouldn't cover their ears and run the other way for fear of 'contamination'.

What can you say? Gotta love 'em.

--sd-7

• baltar447
    baltar447

WOW. Just wow. I'm dumbstruck. Sir82, I think you're right on the money. They just created a culture of fear, will be interesting to see what happens.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/Spy.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit