AndersonsInfo

by minimus 189 Replies latest jw friends

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Simon,

This was my first post on this thread:

"For what it's worth, not much I know, I do agree with james_woods. Overly sensationalizing a topic gives hope to many of us here that something will happen. Barbara does have a history of doing this. Ray Franz did not do this sort of thing. This statement says it all to me:

"Are you doing this because I'm a woman (not a man) who climbed the Watch Tower ladder to the top and now pass along the information to help prove that this religion is a sham that terribly hurts people?" What top? Ray was at the "top", a Watchtower reseacher is nothing more than a Watchtower reseacher. There is no "top" Barbara that you have attained."

Your response was:

"Ok, we get it - you don't like some of the words and phrases that Barb used and will make damn sure to point out the error of her ways whether it is something she posts now or something she said in a topic many years ago.

What she does and the message isn't important, all that matters is the tone used and how it makes you feel.

Got it.

Sheesh.

Some of us appreciate the message though and the effort and research and cost that goes into providing it so please feel free to shut the hell up whenever you feel you've had enough, Ok?" (bolding mine)

If you do not see the reason for my objection to your statement then I don't know what to say. You said I would not let things drop? You responded as you did after my first post on this thread! Others spoke up in oppostion to Barbara, what did you say to their remarks after their first post on the topic?

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

I don't know how the formatting happened in my post above. I apologize for any confusion.

• wasblind
    wasblind

That's alright believing,

we all have formatting problems some time

I hope ya'll can get things straight good nite everyone

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nite Wasblind! *waves*

• wasblind
    wasblind

Nite Josie !!! * waves *

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I hope ya'll can get things straight good nite everyone

The word.

Asbestos flame suit still on. Disgust for the watchtower society still on.

And, may I say - no personal disrespect for anyone. Just the simple constructive criticism.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

where are the people critizising mrs. anderson? all i see is very few who are in favor of discussing a topic instead of just acknowledging it, and a whole bunch of people who follow some sort of idol they made for their "cause", whatever that cause is.

where do the flames come from? i don't know why minimus even started this thread... there simply was no putting down in the original thread. but it seems like when some of the higher up exJWs are posting, all you may do is just nod.

• besty
    besty
    The anonymous peanut gallery on JWN are entitled to their opinion, but ultimately it weighs less.

If your real identity is not commonly known to other JWN'ers and you are merely 'heckling the performer' with ill-formed "opinions", then my conclusion is correct.

If you are not anonymous on JWN or if you are adding value to the conversation then my conclusion does not apply to you.

The idea that I am trying to promote an apostate class system cannot logically be inferred from what I wrote.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    If you are not anonymous on JWN or if you are adding value to the conversation then my conclusion does not apply to you.

Who decides what is adding value? Isn't that in the eye of the beholder? As far as I can see Steve2 has made valid criticisms in an extraordinarily cool manner given the responses, including Barbara implying that he is a misogynist on the basis of zero evidence apart from that she claims to be "a woman (not a man) who climbed the Watchtower ladder to the top".

If the original author Steven Unthank is taken as the arbiter of whether criticisms had value then his response displayed distinctly more grace when he wrote:

Thank you to everyone that has provided feedback and constructive (and at times "destructive") criticism. This has really helped me to sort through what I should and should not publish, or link to, on this webpage. Again, I really sincerely thank you. :)

slimboyfat (of the lowly peanut gallery class)

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Besty, in the context of what you originally wrote, it did sound like you were putting the likes of Ray Franz, Barb Anderson, Simon Green et al on one pedalstal, and the "anonymous peanut gallery" on another.

You didn't expand on who you saw the "anonymous peanut gallery" as being, so it was assumed by many (including me) that you were referring to anyone who isn't as well known. Which is most of us. And yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit