AndersonsInfo

by minimus 189 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

For what it's worth, I agree wholeheartedly with UnderCover.

*covering back of head and assuming a fetal position, anticipating a lightning strike*

Syl

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I believe koolaid-man uses his real name for his online activities, but it was largely anonymous posters who made important criticisms of some of his recents posts and programmes for their sensationalism and inaccuracies. Ultimately whether an argument should be given weight depends on its content not the name of the author. This is a red herring, and a resurrection of the old debate over disassociating/fading in a different guise.

Of course Barbara's sensationalism is not on the same scale as koolaid-man. Unlike koolaid-man she takes herself seriously and she is obviously much more careful about her facts. But Steve2 has made some measured criticisms of the sensationalism that surrounds Barbara's announcements. This approach has led to disappointment in the past, especially following the "Big Snooze". It probably makes JW lurkers quite cynical whenever they read about these so-called big Watchtower events and nothing much happens. In terms of making the case to non-Witnesses too it doesn't help to confuse serious issues like blood tranfusion and abuse cases by framing them within the construct of an ideological tussle with the Watchtower to the death. That's because if the sympathy of disinterested parties is to be sought then the particular issues at stake should not be confused with a wider agenda damage the Watchtower Society.

slimboyfat (of the pee-wee "peanut" class)

• james_woods
    james_woods
    For what it's worth, I agree wholeheartedly with UnderCover.
    *covering back of head and assuming a fetal position, anticipating a lightning strike*
    Syl

I also. Could not have said it better myself.

• J. Hofer
  • miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I see a money making oppurtunity with this thread. Mrs.Anderson I'm going to PM you for the details. This kept me up all last night because we can make some serious guap with this idea. Listen to this.........we're going to market your bath water. All you have to do is get a bath like usual, but don't let the tub drain. If you're more of a showering type of gal, well, I need you to stop that immediately, and start taking baths. The more water, the more $$$$ for us. I need you to get jars like the southern folk use for iced tea. Take the jars and fill them up with your bath water. I'm thinking we Paypal it for roughly $25.99, and this will include shipping and handling. Considering its my idea, I'm thinking I should get 70% of the profit, but without your bathwater and adoring stans fans, my idea would sink like a mob snitch with concrete shoes in the Hudson River. So I'm willing to drop my end of the profit to 60%, and you'll recieve 40%. Kapish? Ohhh, and I've got an idea for special offers too!!! How about when a caller requests an order of bath water, if they're willing to share their name, address, and other pertinent details here on JWN, they qualify to recieve an extra jar of your bath water for half off!!!

I'm in the money, I'm in the money, ooops, I forgot you're my partner. We're in the money, we're in the money..................

• VIII
    VIII

What Undercover said.

+1

• Simon
    Simon

miseryloveselders: That was a stupid and insulting post. Do not post things like this or you will be banned.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    miseryloveselders: That was a stupid and insulting post. Do not post things like this or you will be banned.

Simon is correct. The subject here is far above ad-hominem trash.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Sheesh, Miz didn't mean to be insulting. It's just a comment on how some ppl here seem to be worshiping the ground Barb walks on. Take it one step further and you might as well bottle the water she bathes in.

Lighten up, folks.

• besty
    besty

I asked you a polite question Broken Promises

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit