AndersonsInfo

by minimus 189 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

good one

• sabastious
    sabastious
    One last thing before I'm officially banned by Fuhrer Simon and his mistress Eva Besty, at one point I thought the overreaction by you fellas was an April Fools Joke that was a few days late. Like I thought this was simply a joke or something. I guess it wasn't, you fellas really are that sensitive. Well, at least your gentlemen, considering you're protecting Mrs.Barabara. I just hope you treat your wives as well off the board.

Miz I think you need to be reminded of the history of both Simon and Barabara and what they went through. We joke a lot here, but we both know that sometimes the jokes stop because people are being oppressed and are being hurt. You see it everyday so I won't go into it much.

I think your bath water comment was overtly crass, but I wasn't offended by it, but I could see how some would be. I think it's time for you to put away your fishing pole.

-Sab

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow. (Heavy, heavy sigh...)

• caliber
    caliber

"Mills of the Gods,
    Grind exceedingly slow,
    But grind exceedingly fine..."
    ~Euripides (485-406 BC)

Time is a perfect revealer of all truth.. in our impatience it is "exceedingly slow "

• Simon
    Simon

before I'm officially banned by Fuhrer Simon and his mistress Eva Besty

You invoked Godwin's law, thus rendering all your arguments invalid and proving me right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum

• james_woods
    james_woods

Simon is off topic.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

You invoked Godwin's law, thus rendering all your arguments invalid and proving me right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum

Wow, I never heard of that. LOL Interesting, so it was given that I was gonna compare you to Hitler at one point or another. At least give me credit that I let you keep your masculinity while insulting you, unlike Mistress Besty who's panties were really in a bunch.

By the way, I find it ironic that Mrs.Anderson was able to maintain a classy disposition and a sense of humor throughout this whole hey to do over nothing.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/208537/1/Hear-Ye-Hear-Ye-At-your-own-risk-read-some-semi-sensational-info-posted-by-Barbara-Anderson-about-another-XJW-activist

Too bad her female groupies couldn't do the same.

• laverite
    laverite

Barbara is the very definition of classy. Her sense of humor is the best. She also has the keenest of minds. I would proudly be counted among her groupies. She is a true inspiration.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Attacks on the characters (and I'm not attacking slimboy because some of us are, in effect, family and are trustworthy and raise quite intelligent counter-questions, which should be answered (unless a book deal is forthcoming :-__).

The best way to resolve it is through debate, IMNSHO.

However, My rule is, no tiny icons ALLOWED of faces that probably look nothing like you,

or bios that give no personal information. That's lame (not that you have no info, as some must maintain complete anonymity, but that you attack a known character with a reliable record of honesty, and YOU DON'T.)

You could be some legless Kim Jong-Il supporter who is just bored who is visiting his aunt in Madagascar). Scary!

And they were CLEVER enough to waste YOUR time. If that happens to me, I am the fool, not them (whoever they are). It's a simple ego trick to rumple your feathers. But if they are legit, you have a green light to give a courteous AND perhaps (think, educate yourself a little further, and adjust your own mind. I have never been afraid to see my errors when pointed out by others, nor do I take it personally. It's a GROWING EXPERIENCE.

Any idiot from the Dark Side of the Moon can attack from the sidelines. (Have we really checked there yet?)

There is nothing like an honest debate with honorable parameters. People respect the opinions of others who consider them equals. Plus, you make yourself VULNERABLE to attack as regards your premises, which only cowards shy away from. Trolls/cowards really only are after putting down the PERSON. They usually don't even disasgree with you, they just want to %^&* with your head, which #$%^s with their head and gives the a cheap sense of power and superiority.

JWN can be a cheap fix for a troll... a drug to feel better than others, and it only takes 2-5 minutes, and you will have no personal hurtful attacks, because NOBODY KNOWS WHO THE HELL YOU ARE. People on this forum try to bait me all the time. You want to know why I never answer the cowardly pinheads? PFFT. Bite me.

I'd be wasting my time on negative thoughts all day because someone figured out how to waste my time. Joke's on me! Plus NEVER give a troll credibility because they think you are "somebody." That gives them extra points.

Don't Feed the Trolls. They get excited and generate 10X the content in the days ahead. Lordy!

And they piss me off again.

Besides, they are often the lizard people employed by the CIA in the midwest. Now THAT is scary. :-))

• steve2
    steve2

I have stayed out of the present discussion for a day or so because it was generating a lot of emotion on both sides of the topic that did not sem to further the discussion (in my opinion). Yet, it is also a good sign that many posters could see what the other was saying without necessarily reading ill intent in to it.

Whatever people have said, I acknowledge that in effect we are "guests" on Simon's website and that makes all the difference.

I have questioned aspects of what Mrs Anderson has made public but equally I accept that is hard for some to hear because I have not put myself "'out there"" so to speak the way she has. I perhaps did not emphasis enough that my earlier comments were not motivated by a desire to put her down. I can remember reading what Mrs Anderson wrote when she first put together some information on her epxerience inside Bethel. I was genuniely moved by her observations and insights and evidence. None of that has changed.

When all is said and done, I have no hesitation in saying that I have a deep regard for anyone, anonymous or otherwise, who presents their case and does so without questioning others motives or using personally negative labels to describe others. Ultimately, what most of us share in common on this forum is more important than the differences. I could have worded my own thoughts more carefully so that others would not have assumed I was engaging in a personal attack.

Although this has been a difficult thread to read at times, it is far, far more preferable than the experience some of us had with the Watchtower when discussion was simply stopped and we were vilified without regard to what we had said or questioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit