AndersonsInfo

by minimus 189 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

There are simply lots of new posters unaware of the great contributions from people like the Andersons. That's understandable. Those of us who have been around for a while can rectify that -- right?

Barbara Anderson's story is a delight.

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/barbara-anderson.html

• steve2
    steve2

Oh no, how very mean people can be! I love this forum because of its robust acceptance of differences of opinion. Long may it run! I'd hope the freedom is extended to allow us all to scrutinize people's claims and, yes, even their modus operandi (e.g., way of publicising their opinions and use of supporting evdience, etc).

I do not know Mrs Anderson, but I have long wondered why she doesnt come straight out and just report stuff. Instead, we get annoyingly breathless announcements such as "Anderson information has learned....." I've lost count of the number of times Mrs Anderson has announced that either the state legislature and/or media are on the cusp of exposing the Watchtower Society and that this time it will really shake up the Watchtower Society. I get the impression - fairly or not - Mrs Barbara has simply swapped believing in the end of this system of things for believing in the end of the Watchtower Society.... Any day now, it could happen. We cannot tell exactly when, but it surely will. Sorry, Barbara, but I feel a yawn coming on...

I suppose I could follow suit and call myself "Steve2 Press" and begin my posts as follows: "Steve2 Press has learned that an individual ex-JW named Mrs Barbara Anderson - who was once a high flyer in theWatchtower Society - has assumed the awesome role of digging up any sort of dirt on the Watchtower, tarting it up and hoping like mad that the media will latch on to it...."

I'm sure if I took that approach I'd "win" as varied responce from posters as Mrs Anderson appears to have won. Some people love you; others hate you and still a wider range of others don't even know who you are. That's what happens to everyone when they risk taking a stand...Mrs Anderson and me included. It's called allowing people to have their opinions.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I'm quite accepting of differing opinions. Not so much of people being rude.

• Violia
    Violia

We just need to inform the new posters of the contributions of the older posters . The new posters can't be expected to know who everyone is so good for you M for starting this thread. Maybe we should mention a few more who have put in so much of their own time and faced down the WTS and are out in the open -using their own names and own money.

• minimus
    minimus

There are many who have supplied us with info about the Watchtower Organization. I, personally, am thankful that we have some outstanding posters that are willing to share what they know.

Some posters have been out for years but their perspectives and knowledge of the Organization are still helpful to see how the Organization historically and purposely decieves and clearly is not "The Truth".

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oops!

That should be Matthew 13:57-58.

My mind goes blank at times.

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

You tell it Min take it to the Max

People like that remind me of a starvin' man bein' brought food

and then complainin' about what they been brought to eat.

" I'm quite accepting of differing opinions. Not so much of people being rude."

Ditto MickeyMouse

• laverite
    laverite

I have been so crazy busy these last few weeks that I pop in now and again but I missed that. I am very sorry to hear that anyone was unkind to Barbara or Joe Anderson. They are wonderful people.

Barbara works so hard and is an incredible source of information. She's really become a scholar in her own right.

• minimus
    minimus

We need to build up not tear down.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I don't think it was anything personal with the person who dumped on her thread though. Look through his posting history, he does it to everyone.

Who do you mean, me? I am sorry if you find me that way.

Talking about yourself in the third person strikes me as pretentious and I wondered why Barbara does it. So I asked.

I didn't think the formatting in the post was Barbara's, I thought it belonged to the somewhat unhinged if well meaning fellow in Australia everyone is talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit