looky looky - A 'real' J-dub forum! (are they becoming normal???)

by Reality79 164 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Back again Ray,

I just compared my older hard cover NWT Bible with the newer

paper back NWT bible on the first page it has all of the copy right dates

1961,1981,and 1984 both Bibles have the word "revised" on the cover page

the latest WT CD I have is the 2005, I do not see the word " revised editions" on the cover or on the CD

You are right this is a whole other topic

• wasblind
    wasblind

When JW's go d2d, they think that they are standing solid in the "truth"

and that mess they tote been shifted every way you could imagine

If you ask me I'd say they are a nine on the richter scale with all that shiftin'

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Why didn't krettnawe come back to address my post? (s)He(?) said I would never be able to find anything that showed the WT said the preaching work would be concluded before 2000 and I did. Whence the response?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

wasblind

I am with you on this topic. The only thing I would say if I was arguing the opposite side is that simply revising a publication is not in and of itself nefarious. It is changing something WITHOUT showing or explaining that it was updated.

Also, the Revelation book, NWT, and other study books have been updated and the Society has mentioned and even explained why. But the very nature of a monthly periodical is that what was printed and when it was printed implies that the original said it.

George Orwell's famous book 1984 had whole teams of revisionists changing every history book and old newspaper when someone fell out of favor. That's what this smacks of IMO.

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

Entirely Possible I have been busy the last few days I apologize.

Let me ask you this.

The "change" cant be found on the WT library, nor can it be found in the bound volumes.

The only way it can be found is by keeping the original WT from over twenty years ago?

Am I supposed to take people's word for it? I dont think so...

But that wasnt the original topic anyway. When I get time I will do my best to address your posts..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit