looky looky - A 'real' J-dub forum! (are they becoming normal???)

by Reality79 164 Replies latest jw friends

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

If the Power of the holy spirit does not inspire you than you must be broken

Your missing the point...I am not talking about "inspiring" as in motivating, I am talking about "inspired" as in it is GOD BREATHED, just like it says in 1 Timothy 3:16. IF something is inspired of GOD then it should be infallible. JW's dont make that claim when they say the HOLY SPIRIT directs them, but many JW bashers push that misconception because it is easy to prove mistakes in the JW land and disregard them based on an invalid standard. That is what is called a Straw Man Fallacy

If I had a stove, and I plugged it up, and it didn't work there is either a loss

of power or the darn thing is broken, but all in all it needs somethin' to make

it work and with humans it's inspiration and that has to come from whatever

inspires them ,

I have no clue what your trying to say, and I am not even sure you understand what point I am trying to make. The above makes no sense and isnt on topic. Maybe I missed something?

The WT organization claim the have the holy spirit directing

them how can one claim that they are not inspired by such a powerful source

Because there is a difference between being led by HOLY SPIRIT (or directed) and being INSPIRED by HOLY SPIRIT.

Mind you now this is the same holy spirit that created the earth, parted ther red sea

impregnated a virgin, and caused a room full of people to speak in different languages

and your right JW's are not inspired, they are guilted into the preachin' work

Once again, off topic, but okay...I think some are "guilted" into Preaching work, but I think many others sincerely feel they are doing GOD's work by finding converts for the WTS. Or they do it because it allows for socialization. Either way, I think it is erroneous to claim something for a majority of people when that claim is nothing more than a convienient stereotype developed by those opposed to JW.

Sir, I do believe you missed my whole point.

• wasblind
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I have no clue what your trying to say, and I am not even sure you understand what point I am trying to make. The above makes no sense and isnt on topic. Maybe I missed something?

Because there is a difference between being led by HOLY SPIRIT (or directed) and being INSPIRED by HOLY SPIRIT.

I think some are "guilted" into Preaching work, but I think many others sincerely feel they are doing GOD's work by finding converts for the WTS. Or they do it because it allows for socialization.

There you go folks, the JW apologist miss things, make distinctions without difference and go out in service 1/3 of the time because of guilt and 1/3 of the time for social reasons. Even if they are just led by the holy spirit, whatever the fark THAT means, it's doing a piss poor job of leading them.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Your missing the point...I am not talking about "inspiring" as in motivating, I am talking about "inspired" as in it is GOD BREATHED, just like it says in 1 Timothy 3:16. IF something is inspired of GOD then it should be infallible. JW's dont make that claim when they say the HOLY SPIRIT directs them, .......................... That is what is called a Straw Man Fallacy "

Let me throw some enlightenment your way that you can't get from the Kingdom Hall

but is plentiful here @ JWN

The Holy Spirit, even in direction, is infallable because it comes from an infallable source

The Bible was written by imperfect men, who were given direction by Holy Spirit, The

same Holy Spirit that the Governing Body claim to recieve direction from.

And yet, the Bible never grows old or needs to be "adjusted" with flickerin' light

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

So, when a BORN again claims the SPIRIT of Jesus that indwells within them is leading them, then they are expected to be infallible?

Or is that standard reserved for JW's only...

Which has been my point all along. Seems some here are used to going down talking points, slapping labels on posters, and are too obtuse to understand the topic at hand.

The point I was making from the begining is that the JW bashers hold two sets of standards for the JW's and for non-JW's.

Non-JW's can claim they are directed, or led by Spirit and noone expects infallibility from them...

Yet they do for JW's...

Non-JW's can come on here and post people's names, adress, etc....and operate under a different set of accountability than what is expected from JW's.

Do you people think that glaring reality goes unnoticed? Do you think that helps your cause?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Krett, I do not agree with what MeanMrMustard did

but I ain't his momma or a Mod , If you didn't like it

you should have contacted a mod. Now back to what

we were discussin'

All sorts of people make claims everyday. Making a claim does not mean that

the claim itself is a "bona Fide" truth. I could claim I'm Oprah Winfrey, money

and all, but the bona Fide truth is I'm a broke, busted and damn well disgusted

poster who calls herself Wasblind.

Does It change the fact that direction from Holy Spirit is infallible because it originates from an infallible source????? NO

Let me give you a clue, and throw you a life line: Don't believe everything people claim especially the WTS, their claims

have ruined lives

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

Okay, we agree on that.....So, what's next?

If direction is infallible how come so many BORN AGAIN Christians make mistakes?

• Angharad
    Angharad

Mr Mustard - I have removed your posts containing personal information, you cannot use this forum as a means to organise harrassment of others, because you disagree with their beliefs.

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

YAY!!!!!! Angharad!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Krett, one more time

the key word is claim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit