looky looky - A 'real' J-dub forum! (are they becoming normal???)

by Reality79 164 Replies latest jw friends

• Reality79
    Reality79

So did the 'da society' give these dub internet savvies permission to start a forum? Because last I checked, the ole boys in their oversized brooklyn bunker didn't want their members on the internet unless it was to view their own official websites. I thought maybe it was an apostate forum until I read their long winded, typically condescending jdub style membership guidelines:

http://jwtalk.net/forum-membership-policy/

So despite the fact that every other religious forum I've seen welcomes everybody to register and invites all views and opinions as long as you don't blatantly disrespect their faith, the dub forum in its self righteousness still feels no one else is good enough to engage in any discussion with them. You can register, but the process would be like applying for some top CIA/MI5 job. Very surprisingly though, they still allow inactive ones to post (wow!) but I guess even then, they watch such individuals like hawks. Oh and you can still see the thread titles but can't view the actual threads themselves.

With their long list of rules, you pretty much can't have an opinion and criticising the society of course is an absolute no no, because "it is discouraging and frankly not up to you anyhow".

Is anyone aware of this forum? I only found out about it through another ex-jw site.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A. Membership

Who Can Be a Registered Member at JWTalk Forums?

To post on the discussion board,you must be an active publisher associated with Jehovah’s Witnesses, baptized or not. An active publisher has a share in the work of proclaiming Jehovah’s Kingdom every month and reports it, and is thus counted among us in the monthly and yearly reports. In other words, this forum is intended for Jehovah’s Witnesses only.

If an extenuating circumstance causes you to go temporarily inactive, this does not mean you have to abstain from participating in the forums. However, should you become “no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses” via disassociation or expulsion, it would be appropriate for you to send a private message stating clearly that this is the case. Your account will be disabled, but not deleted. It can be reactivated at a later time when your circumstances have turned around and you have been reinstated.

We reserve the right of controlling membership at our discretion.

D. Speech & Content

Is There a Code of Conduct? Are Certain Things Not Permitted to be Posted to the Forum?

Of course there is a code of conduct. The same behavior expected of you in the congregation is expected here in the forum. This discussion board is operated by and for true Christians. Hence, we will not tolerate anything against Biblical standards, including apostasy and unclean or obscene speech. (Eph 5:3,4; 2 Tim 2:16-18)Links to apostate sites (anti-witness sites) will get you immediately banned, as will hateful speech and obscene language. This is a site for discussion, and not debate. Therefore, your goal in contributing to a topic should be to build up your brothers and sisters, or share something of interest that may consist of news or wholesome entertainment.

We seek to maintain an upbuilding, entertaining, safe, open, and intellectually stimulating environment, where mature Christians can exercise their God-given “freeness of speech.” (2 Corinthians 3:12) A few principles can help us to do that:

You need to be a WBT$/JW Nazi in good standing..And...Don`t disagree with the WBT$..

The place sounds like a Million Laughs..

I wonder if they will let Spade/Alice,Debator/Reniaa or DjEggnogg in..

LOL!!..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

They have nice list of JW related links, I appreciated this extra much.

http://www.theocraticgames.com/

CP

• zoiks
    zoiks

You can register, but the process would be like applying for some top CIA/MI5 job. - Reality79

Wow, you're not kidding! Some of those topics look like so much fun, too

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

I can't imagine any of the above being that interested in "discussions" but not "debates" . . . kinda like giving a talk on how the moon is made of cheese while the audience nods solemnly in agreement . . . no fun in that . . . except for the "Genius" maybe . . . that ego needs constant feeding in voluminous quantities I suspect

Luvonyall

• Reality79
    Reality79

I saw that silly games house 2 house site. Notice how the header just had to say 'true christians' instead of simply christians.

Like Outlaw and MS pointed out, as long as you're a good little brainwashed dubbie who does what they're told and doesn't question their leaders you'll be ok. Someone made a good suggestion on a exjw forum for anyone who wants to register:

I have a fun idea, but I'm too lazy to register on JWTalk. So I'll throw my idea out to you guys. Create a new account, and say that you live in Los Angeles. Make sure that your IP address also says that you're from LA. Why LA, you ask? Because that's where a lot of the Celebrity Scientologists live. So if someone lived there, they would naturally start threads about Scientology.

Why not start a thread talking about all the silly things that Scientologists believe, like Xenu, and becoming a 'Clear,' etc. After several people have responded, you could bring out the fact that Scientologists have a practice called, 'Disconnection.' I copied the following description of 'Disconnection' from Wikipedia:

The Church of Scientology asks its members to quit all communication with people the Church deems are perpetually antagonistic to Scientology. The practice of shunning in Scientology is termed disconnection. Members can disconnect with parents, children, spouses, and friends. The Church states that typically only people with "false data" about Scientology are antagonistic, so it encourages members to first attempt to provide "true data" to these people. If providing this data does not stop the antagonistic behaviour, then disconnection is encouraged as a last resort.

Sound familiar? When you describe the practice of Disconnection, be careful to avoid using the word, 'shunning.' We don't want to make things too obvious. After you've described the practice of Disconnection, say this:

"Can you imagine disconnecting from your friends and family, because men, claiming to have special knowledge, told you to? Imagine what it must be like for someone to discover that Scientology is a cult. That they wasted years avoiding their friends and family, who probably just wanted to show them that their religion was a harmful cult. I bet that Scientology probably teaches its members thought stopping techniques to prevent them from questioning their doctrines and leaders. For instance: 'Where else would we go? All men are imperfect due to Thetans; including our leaders.'"

Never make the direct connection between Scientology's Disconnection and the jdubs' Shunning. Just get the people to think about how messed up Scientology's practice of Disconnection is. Go plant some seeds of doubt and independent thinking. Hopefully, they'll see the connection on their own.

You'd have to be careful cos you know their apostate radar is super sharp!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I don't reckon much to their admission policy, technicially it lets me in.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

http://www.theocraticgames.com/

OMG! What loser came up with this? I think the game is actually worse than going out in service!

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

We reserve the right of controlling membership at our discretion.

Aint that the truth!

Luvonyall - MS

• sabastious
    sabastious

They are much more intellectually stimulated by this forum. A real JW forum would bore the hell out of the, LOL! I'm sorry that just tickles me pink.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit