looky looky - A 'real' J-dub forum! (are they becoming normal???)

by Reality79 164 Replies latest jw friends

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

Ae JW's and non-JW's tested under teh same standards for their "claims"?

• Simon
    Simon

MeanMrMustard: I take a VERY dim view of anyone trying to use this forum to harrass people, suggesting that other people harrass them or exposing information to use for the purpose of harrassment.

Let's please keep discussions to JW beliefs and practices and show we're not 'the bad guys'.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes, they are

Anybody who claims something is from God

and that thing they claim does not come true

it is not direction from God. Dueteronomy 18 : 20-22

covers this, even if they don't call themselves prophets

If a person claims something untrue in the name of God

they will be held accountable

Jehovah's Witnesses try to slide out of being called Prophets

because they had to "adjust" alot of their doctrine

cause they have made a lot of predictions that didn't come true

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sept 15 2010 WT paragraph 8 page 13 states:

"thus what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah"

you mean to tell me all that "adjusted" stuff was from

Jehovah??????

either Jehovah need to get his stuff straight, or the governing body

but somebody screwin' up big time

• Violia
    Violia

I'm surprised they would use the words JW .I have been told many times that real jws see this as an offensive term. It may be a sort of jws reform group. there were those in the 80's. I recall them, they kept quiet and protected each other. Some of them were in servant positions.

• tec
    tec
    So, when a BORN again claims the SPIRIT of Jesus that indwells within them is leading them, then they are expected to be infallible?

I know this is off topic from the original point you were trying to make, which I understood. It is a similar point to another posters thread, titled, "you have become the thing you hate."

But I would like to comment quickly on a difference between a JW or other cult-like group, and other forms of Christianity. Note that I am not a part of any organized religion.

The WTS claims that listening to them is listening to God. If you disobey them, you are disobeying God -and well, tough luck for you at the big A. A group cannot claim in one breath that they are only guided and not infallible, and then in the next breath say that MUST be obeyed, and if you do not obey them, then you are an apostate and have turned your back on Jehovah. Even if all you left was them, men, and not God.

Tammy

• wasblind
    wasblind

You said a mouthful Tammy

If listening to them is like listening to God himself, that's claiming that they are infallible

because God is infallible.

but yet, on the other hand they say " we're only human, we're not infallible "

to cover their butts on all the mistakes they made

What is it gonna be ???? are they like God himself or imperfect men??????

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

The WTS claims that listening to them is listening to God. If you disobey them, you are disobeying God -and well, tough luck for you at the big A. A group cannot claim in one breath that they are only guided and not infallible, and then in the next breath say that MUST be obeyed, and if you do not obey them, then you are an apostate and have turned your back on Jehovah. Even if all you left was them, men, and not God.

Tammy

I have only seen one WT article suggest such a thing but I wont disagree with you completely. What I do disagree with you about is the intentions behind it. By having a streamlined core of agreed upon beliefs an organization can better accomplish its goal.

What is the goal of the JW's? To make more JW's...

Do you realize how much easier it is to get people to focus on doing something when they agree upon the reasons why they do it, and they all carry the same message?

How much time is wasted discussing Brother Jones and Brother's Smith's specific interpretation on Scripture A or B when they could be out there making more JW's?

I see that as a smart business move rather than a mechanism of mind control.

Also, please dont be under the misconception that JW's are alone in regards to pushing thier dogma through threats of eternal destruction.

That is a central tenent to Christian faith.

Lastly, how do you feel about all the ex-JW's and Christians saying one must agree with their particular dogma (which usually consists of getting out of JW's as fast as you can) to attain salvation?

How much time have non-JW's spent trying to convert JW's to the "real Jesus"....To partake of the emblems....To discuss the Trinity....

They are just people with an interpretation that they feel is needed for salvation.

Yet, noone sees the parellel between that and the JW's claim. Why is that?

Make no mistake about it, if the extremist ex-JW's had the organizational structure to push thier dogma, they would do it...

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I have only seen one WT article suggest such a thing but I wont disagree with you completely."

Krett , it only take one time to claim something

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

Especially when you have an army of dedicated extremists combing through everything said for the last one hundred years..

I wonder how many things you have claimed in your life? Too bad we dont have it recorded, published, and then thrown to a group who makes their ministry into a nit-picking party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit