looky looky - A 'real' J-dub forum! (are they becoming normal???)

by Reality79 164 Replies latest jw friends

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

I will respond when I get time....I actually have work to do today. ;o)

• wasblind
    wasblind

" No problem. Jan1 edition of the 1989 Watchtower says "The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." Note that you will need the actual Watchtower to see this as they changed it for the CD version."

Hey EP,

It's hard to build a solid foundation on shiftin' sand, you ,me and Tec already know that real truth does not need

to change or be adjusted. JW's can't have a firm stand on anything, what's true today may make you an apostate

tomorrow if you continue to believe it past the expiration date.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Ah, the joys of spiritual paradise....

Please fill in the following information...

*Required Items

Username*: Your choice of username is how you will be known to others at JWTalk.
    Full Real Name*: First and last here required for registration (read Psalms 26:4).
    First Name Only: Enter just your first name here if you don't want others to see your full name.
    Location*: What city & state, or other territory do you live in?
    Email*: Your email address is private and can never be seen by others.
    Referred by: Enter the forum member who invited you or leave it blank.
    Yes, we check this, so do not lie. Dishonesty will not get you in.
    Password*: The password is used with the username or email address to log in.
    Re-type Password*: (Please log out if you use any computer shared with other people)
    Brainwashed?*: Are you brainwashed as one of Jehovah's Witnesses?
    Publisher?*: Are you an active publisher of the good news?
    Molested*: Were you ever molested by a pedophile at the Kingdom Hall?
    Molestor*: Has the society ever been sued because you molested one of Jehovah's sheep?
    Witnesses*: Were there two witnesses to the above referenced molestations?

JWTalk is for Jehovah's Witnesses only, for mature Robots who have already accepted basic Watchtower teachings and have made application of them so that they have brought their lives into harmony with the Governing Body's standards and proudly identify themselves by using the falsely translated, but popular name, Jehovah God, along with other victims of the organization worldwide.

Yes, I have read the Forum Membership Policy and agree to the terms.

brain damage here

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

wasblind you said: you will need the actual Watchtower to see this as they changed it for the CD version

That's a creepy example of them actually changing what the original WT said when it hits the WT cd-rom. I pulled up the quote and saw the change but I'd love a scan of the actual 1989 magazine. I want to make a graphic with the two side by side.

Also, I wonder if there are more of these "revisions"? This could be a whole separate thread IMO...

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Raypublisher

google image 'changed 1989 watchtower' and there it will be...the very first image you will see!

google is god.

oz

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Raypublisher,

I can't take credit for that , that was a quote I used from EntirelyPossible

to help make a point, EP has been a help to me on this thread

from what I understand there are more revisions because of changes

down through the years , the last time we studied the revelation book

there where a lot of changes

a lot of the stuff in WT literature has been revised so when the JW's look it up

we apostates look like liars to them, and they think the original stuff

we show them is made up by the apostates

I say that's SLY, SLICK AND WICKED on the part of the WTS

not to put notations on the revisions. That would be the honest thing to do

All of the worldly publishing houses do that, that I'm aware of why not the WTS

EDIT:

If there are any notations, in the revised literature, that let new converts know of the changes

can someone point that out to me, so I can be corrected ????

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there again Ray,

I just compared the two Revelation books the older hardcover and the last

one that was issued to me during our last study of this book which was a soft paper

back. On the very first page of the last Revelation book issued to me ( Paper back )

I dont see anything about it being a revised book

the only thing that lets you know that it's been revised is the increase of the number of languages

the book is published in and the increase in copies which are different from the hard cover revelation book.

of course there are revisions all through out the paper back book. But again I don't see anything that let you know it"s a revised copy

If anyone can show me something that I may have missed please correct me, I dont

want to be throwing false accusations.

English (re-E ) is printed on both books , both books have copyright 88, when was this book

oringinally published??? all I see is that one copyright date and what does English (er-E ) mean????

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If you are ever in a JC and the elders tell you that the WT never said the end would be here before 2000, that's a good one to use since the bound volumes are usually in the library you will be interrogated in.

I have to be honest, when the elders in my JC quit letting me ever use a bible, it was like "Mission accomplished. They are now afraid of the bible".

I seem to recall a few years ago, maybe in a KM, a list of changes in books for that year. I could be imagining things.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes EP,

there were a list of changes , I looked for it , can't find it

because I used it with the hard cover revelation book

while my daughter used the newer paper back

Thank you AussieOz,

apostate stuff never grow old, threads from ten years ago

are still good today, as a matter of fact, they get better with

age. That's the way the truth is suposed to be

• simon17
    simon17

that's a good one to use since the bound volumes are usually in the library you will be interrogated in.

I think the bounds are changed too; its only the original WT that had the original quote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit