looky looky - A 'real' J-dub forum! (are they becoming normal???)

by Reality79 164 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Someone should get that game and make a funny commercial about it.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Am I the only one who suspects something slightly bogus about this?

It sort of reminds me of the JW-only private schools in California or the JW-only insurance companies.

This kind of thing gets started by over-reaching JWs (without WTBTS approval) and always either comes to grief on its own or gets shut down by the Society because it competes for witness time and money with Brooklyn.

We had a phenomenon in Oklahoma City in the 1970s over "Special Events". A small group of power-player local elders would invite certain mid-level Bethel people or missionary types to town, rent an auditorium, and hold their own mini-assembly. It was advertised amoung the congregations by word of mouth. Pretty soon these guys were calling themselves the "Special Events Committee" - they even had a bank account and solicited donations.

None of this was actually authorized by the Society. Finally, the CO and the DO put a stop to it as a distraction and very plainly told all the body of elders that there never was and never would be a "Special Events Committee" and that the end of non-society "Special Events" had come.

I suspect the same thing will happen once the WTBTS officially finds out that somebody is wasting valuable JW time on the hated internet.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

If someone knows the answers, please post them here so that we may benefit from the spiritual banquet. I would make an account just to read their forum (because posting in an apostate manner would just ban my account).

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Zid, some of us already have accounts over there. PM me...

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

EntirelyPossible, I have sent you a request via PM. As I said, I'll only be using the account for lurking, no posting.

• streets76
    streets76

Interesting topic: "If a sister needs to offer prayer, but a napkin in not available, is an unused Kotex acceptable as a replacement?"

Wish I could see the replies.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This site started out as a JW discussion board, didn't it?

Then the Borg leaned on Simon to get rid of it and that helped wake him up? He left the Borg but kept the site, right?

Or did I imagine reading that somewhere?

• chickpea
    chickpea
    "I like to ask evolutionist where the first two particles they think smashed into each other came from if no one created them!

well, d'uh.... the same place jehovah came from...

the admin/mods on that site OUGHT to be out
    pioneering TM instead of preaching to the choir!

in fact all their membership ought to as well!!!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That should be the next thread title there, chickpea:

WHY AREN'T YOU OUT IN SERVICE RIGHT NOW?

or

YOU CAN'T COUNT YOUR TIME HERE YOU KNOW!

• jam
    jam

James Wood; JW- only private schools in Calif.

I personally knew of one school in Pasdena Ca and

the Brother who open the school, (A elder name Martian).

In fact my sister-law work at the shool. The reason that

was given to close the school , it defeat the purpose of

being A JW, the opportunity to witness to your class mates.

Why not use the same line of reasoning, what A great

opportunity to witness to others ( on the net).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit