Mad Sweeney

Crazy double-post.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Crazy double-post.

Triple, actually.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Ok, I'm going to be serious for a minute.

Daniel, there is nothing wrong with having the feelings you have had in the situation you're in. The frustrating part to a lot of us is that you come here seeking advice and then don't follow it.

When was the first time you were told NOT to tell your wife negative things about the Borg? Pretty much as soon as you got here, right? Have you followed the advice?

When was the first time someone here recommended you get therapy/counseling? Pretty much as soon as you got here, right? Have you even called a therapist to see about their rates, insurance coverage, etc.?

How many times since you've been here have you read the advice: "never attend a JC" because it is a no-win event? A hundred or more?

How long ago did people here tell you to get a divorce attorney? (not file for divorce, just get legal counsel ready) Several months ago, right? Have you done it?

When you ask for advice and then spurn it people get tired of giving it. It is as if you WANT to be hurting because there ARE ways to heal from being in a cult and you're pursuing NONE of them. It isn't that you have to do what we tell you but if you're not going to, why are you asking for advice?

I'm reminded of the old Henny Youngman joke where the patient says, "Doc, it hurts every time I do this," and the doctor replies, "THEN STOP DOING THAT!"

If you want the pain to stop, Dan, you're going to have to quit hurting yourself.

Despite the ripping on Collective Soul in this thread, "The World I Know" is a good video. We have to stay alive and keep fighting. Dude in the video did it for the pigeons and ants; you have an actual human son. Quit ignoring good advice and do what you need to do.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I am sorry that happened. It is very rare that people have seizures from emotional trauma, however it is possible. There was a sister at my old KH that had them. She was pretty kooky and no one really knew the real reasons behind them. Your wife, did she get an MRI? Is she on new medication, such as anti-depressants? You have said she has done some pretty bad things lately herself, do you think that is stressing her out?

Dan, you are ALLOWED to have your own thoughts, ya know. Your own ideas....the concept of holding another person's freedom of thought hostage on the basis of fear of life change is barbaric. Not human.

Thinking of you my friend!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Despite the ripping on Collective Soul in this thread, "The World I Know" is a good video.

I once saw them at a concert I got dragged to. They did a cover of Ozzy's Crazy Train. I still wake up screaming.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I still wake up screaming.

Not to mention that somebody started a thread on ABBA.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Maybe it's a chick flick but Mama Mia! is a fun film and Amanda Seyfried is amazingly hot.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Alright. I have to step in here now.

Collective Soul is one of my favourite bands.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I wore out some Collective Soul CDs in my teenage years. They were as good as it got for a kid who had a BMG music membership but was afraid to pick something that might get confiscated by fairly strict JW parents.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

BMG music membership

hahahah i knew people who ran up ENORMOUS tabs on BMG and never paid. Ah, those were the days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit