I've been outed...

by brotherdan 303 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Those of you that know me, know that I'm not throwing a fit here, I'm just repeating facts.

It's OK. Fits usually pass away after a few minutes.

Glad to see you are over it.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

I think what Dan means by "negative" are those two horrible 90s stadium rock tunes that Mad Sweeny posted. Way to chase Dan off the board, Mad Sweeny.

• tec
    tec

strange double post

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

And in your last post, yes you do sound rather childish

" If anyone cares" Oh please !!!!

It does seem childish, don't it?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks for clearin' that up for me Franklin, I didn't click on to the rock tunes.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes Josie,

I know the truth can hurt, but it's like havin' surgery

It gotta hurt some before it heals

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK folks - now, can we get back to Johnny the Bethelite and his laundress GB-spy girlfriends?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Good to know, Dan. Thanks for the update.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Dan,

I've been observing your behavior (as much as I can considering this is the Internet) over the past few months, perhaps I am off the mark. Perhaps, WAY off the mark. But here goes:

Perhaps you are feeling like a bad person because you chose to leave your religion. This feeling is being reinforced by the fact that your wife drills it in your head. Perhaps also, if you are still attending meetings, that you also believe that you can be a bad person because the people at the meetings are seemingly nice and well, they dress well. I hope you understand that looks can be deceiving. (Matthew 15:8, 2 Timothy 3:5)

So to counter all of that, you become uber-religious. Perhaps in hopes of showing the world how godly you are. You are probably giving your wife a lot of information she does not want and you are coming to this board blasting all non-Christians. Al to perhaps 'score some points' with God and perhaps in hopes that He will return the favor and help your wife see the truth about the 'truth.'

Since this is not happening, you are probably now feeling that God is abandoning you or that perhaps He never existed in the first place.

If, perhaps I am right, here's some things I can share from my experience. I, at one point in time, tried to find the 'right' church to replace the kingdom halls with. Only to later find out that such a church does not exist. I was missing the whole concept of freedom of thought, freedom of mind, and freedom to live your life outside the control of the Tower. Freedom in Christ is all I have to offer my wife now but she is still in that mental prison where she believes that their is only 'one true church.'

When I asked God what should I do if I fail to show my wife the truth about the 'truth,' I believe the answer He revealed to me is simply, "Love her, just love her." He never said that I should hang out on this board, in fact, quite the contrary.

Just get out there, get the Watchtower as much out of your head as possible, live your life as fully as you can, and serve God in your own way the best way you know how. Use the gifts you have. Your body, your mind. Thank God for your life, your health and quit stressing as much as you can. Leave the WT world alone and make some friends in a different social circle.

All the best to you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I'm a real person too. Wife of a disabled man, mother of four, sister of three siblings, and oldest daugther of two jw parental units. Life's been tough for the last 5 years. During that time my husband lost his job due to his getting sick, we lost our house and had to pack up our kids for a cross county trip back to California before our van could be repossessed. Oh and on top of that my baby boy was finally diagnosised with autism "

Josie, on the short time I been on this board, I veiw you as a pillar of strength,

I know you get tired, but girl (woman) you are strong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit