I've been outed...

by brotherdan 303 Replies latest jw friends

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

I'd rather observe the embarrassing theatrics of this board falling all over itself to comfort what is most likely a hysterical jackass.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Everyone on this board ain't fooled by BD's pitiful theatrics

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    CJesus: SBC, you speak like a man! you are my here now... what happened to that guy that love to reason with irrational people? :-)

My patience is on hiatus I guess.

I'd like the Christians to note that a man who goes by the name of Jesus just called me his hero. (Actually, he said "here" but I'm taking the liberty, regardless. )

Such being the case, I believe that means I'm authorized to make a final ruling on this silly God debate. So without further adieu here it is:

Scientifically untouchable realms may exist all around us but any such realms would be far beyond the construct of the pedantic, self-absorbed god described in the Bible.

Take heart, though. We would have more reason to be concerned if we were a reflection of our creator's image than having no designer at all - which, by the way, is a false dichotomy. If a designer possessing the full gamut of human emotion was responsible for our existence in this state we call reality that means we could be, at best, an experiment with an unknown purpose or, at worst, entertainment.

That said, be thankful for the fact that you even exist and make what you want of the life you have.

There. It's settled.

Or it could just be my opinion that I've propped up with Jesus.

• zoiks
    zoiks
    Or it could just be my opinion that I've propped up with Jesus.

...and there it is

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    SBC wrote: I believe that means I'm authorized to make a final ruling on this silly God debate.

But this isn't the 'God debate' thread. THAT would be the intellect and theology thread.

THIS is the emotional thread. You might want to re-post your comments.

-Aude.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Good point, Aude. I'll start a new thread for that tangent... since I'm endorsed by Jesus and all.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Good point, Aude. I'll start a new thread for that tangent... since I'm endorsed by Jesus and all.

hehe

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

you are da man! And yes I meant my Hero, thanks for proof reading, there is evidence I am a lazy writter.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Yikes... and may you all have peace! Not sure why I'm even commenting here but I think it's the poles of opinion as to dear BroDan's authenticity... and who they come from... that compels me. I must admit that when my dear husband told me that BroDan posted he was outed, had a "meltdown" as a result, and was now mad at God, my response was... "What, are you surprised?" I realize that there are some here with huge hearts that might believe such a comment to be unkind, unloving, crass, even judgmental, and so, unchristian-like. But it is the truth... and I don't believed I judged him, at all. You see, while I am not sure what kind of professional help he needs (and I do believe he might need some, although that would depend upon his motive for posting what he does), it has been apparent to me, almost from day one, that dear BroDan needs a certain kind of attention, primarily rooted in sympathy. Which is easily found here, to the board's great credit, but I believe has been unlovingly exploited on several occasions.

It has been the level of, well, fantasticity (and I'm not sure that's even a word) that is often included in his posts has always given me reason to pause with regard to dear BroDan. In some instances, WAY too much information on a personal level has been openly shared... information of a very personal nature about his wife, which seems to ME should have been her confidential property and not something shared with the world. I could not see how a man can say he loved a woman... and then put such business out on a public forum. Where is the love in that? So, I maintained caution.

Now, I must ask: can someone truly joined to Christ so easily "curse" God when faced with tribulations that many others go through on a daily basis? My apologies, but that's a little difficult for me to buy. I realize that even members of the Body of Christ grow angry in our hearts... perhaps even share our chagrin and concern with other Body members (with the hope of being comforted and having our faith restored and solidified). But to do so openly, in a place where we KNOW there are those who are literally waiting for such a "revelation"... is unfathomable. There is anger, yes, and sorrow, for some of our tribulations. But I believe we have been watching BroDan "march" to this place for awhile. Because I have seen it before, with those whose faith was wavering all along and so only needed reasons (valid in their minds) to give it up entirely. Such ones either jump at any opportunity, no matter how small, to relinquish their faith... or they create opportunity.

I believe BroDan may have done that, created the opportunity and taken some part in sabotaging his own faith, whether his stories are true or not. The sad part is that it's not necessary. One can always simply choose: believe... or not.

But using the goodwill and playing upon the sympathies of others who are sincere in order to get to a place where one can jusitfy their own lack of faith... is a pretty funky thing, IMHO. It suggests that one believes themself absolved of any responsibility for that ultimate decision ("the woman YOU gave me... the people on JWN... SHE/THEY made me do it!").

I hope that is not what has occurred here and that dear BroDan doesn't believe than anyone other than himself is responsible for his decisions.

Dear BroDan, as many have suggested, it might be time for you to man-up just a bit... or at least christian up, if that's what you truly believe you are. Peace to you and, again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• clarity
    clarity

Shelby,

"that dear BroDan needs a certain kind of attention, primarily rooted in sympathy. Which is easily found here, to the board's great credit, but I believe has been unlovingly exploited on several occasions."

>

Like a moth to the flame!!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit