Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I finally got a sound file uploaded, but the quality leaves a lot to be desired. When I get better line quality I'll upload the MP3.
    I had to drop the quality to drop the size.
    It's about 8Mb at the moment.
    Let me know what you think.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

You guys never learn do you? Lifelong JW but he keeps a copy of the King James by his bedside.This dud makes a public announcement from the platform but he won't tell us what congregation it's in. ( he has a letter as well, why does he need that )That stuff about climbing on the platform with a couple weeks growth of beard is complete nonsense, have you forgotten everything about being a Witness? Look at his 'outline.' "I step down as an Elder of Jehovah's Witnesses, I step down as a Minister of Jehovah's Witnesses." He disassociates himself from the IBSA. Yeesh. Gullible doesn't begin to cover it.

• Grout
    Grout

The IBSA is still a current corp under WT control, last I heard.

--
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Pork Chop:
    I took a minute or two to double check some of your previous postings, and can't make my mind up if you're a troll or not.
    I wonder why you didn't just ask a few questions, instead of openly deriding people as guillible.

The King James Version was in frequent use in the ministry, as the local population don't trust the NWT. I would regularly use both.
    I don't recall why it was on the sideboard that day.

As for my congregation, you can probably make it out from the tape. Meanwhile I'm trying to retain a little anonymity, since this is a VERY public forum.

As for the letter, I'm a belts and braces man. I wanted to reduce the number of after-calls I received from the elders (which still amounted to about five hours plus phone calls).

As for the beard - believe what you will - they were hardly going to send me home to shave, or replace the speaker, with just five minutes notice.

As for the announcement, I wanted to make sure I hadn't left anything out (more belts and braces). I wrote out that bit so that I wouldn't forget anything.

So, Jack, what's your real problem?

• avengers
    avengers

pork chop:

have you forgotten everything about being a Witness?

I sure the hell am trying.

"Few are they that look through their own eyes and feel with their own heart"
    A Einstein
  • chester
    chester

Little toe,

I am bringing this back to the top for someone who can't find it.

This is an amazing story.

Thanks for taking the time to share it. I can see that it took a lot of work to put all of this information together.

• patio34
    patio34

Little Toe,

A standing ovation! Bravo! Encore!

Pork Chop says:

Lifelong JW but he keeps a copy of the King James by his bedside.
    In a Protestant territory, a KJV is very handy. An elder here in California carries one in his book bag all the time.

And then:

That stuff about climbing on the platform with a couple weeks growth of beard is complete nonsense
    Again, here in California, in the last congregation i was in, there is an elder with a full beard that he has had for years.

Pat

"It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the world." (from "Stuart Saves His Family")

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Patio34:

A standing ovation! Bravo! Encore!

Hmmm. That's going to be kinda difficult!

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

It's gutsy I guess that you DA'd yourself from the stage but I got to wonder if people are over emphasizing what an impact this had. It seems to me from what you said that you cut most of the informative material out. What most people probably saw is a guy with a beard give a talk that had nothing to do with his outline and then DA himself. Eyebrow raising and definately gossip material but I doubt anyone will question anything at all. If what you wanted to do was "go out with a bang" I'm afraid you fell short.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    That stuff about climbing on the platform with a couple weeks growth of beard is complete nonsense

Why? Elders with beards are allowed to give talks, but only in their own congregation. That's the rule in Ireland anyway. I'm pretty sure it's the same in England. I knew several elders who had beards.

--
    "Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there. Theologians can persuade themselves of anything." -Robert A. Heinlein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit