Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• Ivor Hope
    Ivor Hope

Congratulations again, LittleToe!

I would have loved to have been there - I can just picture a deathly silence falling over all assembled not knowing just what they were supposed to do.

Looking forward to hearing the sound file and maybe meeting up someday soon.

• Xena
    Xena

Good Job LT...enjoyed your webpage..look forward to hearing your talk when I can unzip it...

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Ivor, I liked your web page. I will come back and have a closer read of your story. What I read so far looked excellent.

As for Little Toe's public talk. I don't seem to be able to get to it. I keep getting a bunch of advertisments instead. OH well.

Marilyn

• outnfree
    outnfree

I am in awe.

Very well done, Ross/Little Toe!

Can't wait to hear the talk!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Congratulations! That really took some courage to stand up there and do that. God bless you and your family.

Cynthia

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Wow! I can't believe I missed this thread. This is such a good example to all the elder-lurkers out there. When the time is right, I hope more of you go out with a BANG!

• Flip
    Flip
    Since I have left things have been even more turbulent, with severe shunning, and arguements with my wife.

Toe’, I respect the courage you’ve shown, that only a Jehovah’s Witness could understand.

However, it should be emphasized, as your above quote highlights, when and how you did what you did is not necessarily for everyone because of the insidiously destructive mindset the Society imposes on family, friends and associates in the effort to protect its own corporate monolith.

Lest we forget, these guys from Brooklyn have had a long illustrious history of playing hardball with our lives so if you can’t do the ‘time’, think real hard about whether one should do a similar ‘crime’.

Flip

• spider
    spider

That is the most amazing thing. I am quite blown away. What you did took incredible courage. I cannot help but feel there is something heroic in it. Whether some people see it now,later or never at all, you are a man of integrity. I am sure your actions will help many people in ways you will never fully realise.
    You have my profound respect and admiration

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

This again supports my argument that by publicly DAing yourself you do a lot more good than just quietly slipping away. Very commendable. Id award you my cats in recognition of your bravery but they would probably not look good bronzed on a mantlepiece of pinned to a lapel

• Latte
    Latte

WOW! LittleToe

I reckon you have just lived a lot of peoples dream in doing what you did!

Well done…….and Welcome to the real world!

Is the following, still how you feel??

My rollercoaster of discovery started on 28th June 2001, when I received what I can only describe as a religious experience that lead me to believe that I was a Spirit Anointed Christian.
    Just wondering.

Latte

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit