Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Ross,

Your story has always inspired me. It's good to see it back on the active topics for others to read.

You've got big kahoonas, my brother.

Robyn

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks again, guys. It seems like a lifetime ago, and in a sense it is since I've rebuilt my life completely.

Zagor:
    I didn't know that, no. I'm truly touched and encouraged that it was helpful, coz some days I wonder why I post. Thanks for letting me know

• Golf
    Golf

It would have been nice to have had a camera on the faces of the elders and audience. Hmmmmmmm, the faces of shock and surprise, what a treasure that would have been!!!!!!

Golf

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

LT,

All I can say is WOW. My wife and I just sat and listened to your talk. Although I don't count myself a Christian anymore, I am truly inspired by your honesty and conviction.

Thank you.

FBF

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

when I first looked at the date this thread was started I couldn't believe my eyes. I would have never thought to look at the date until some one posting mentioned it. Your lifes journey has indeed been quite incrediable to say the least.

I read your entire homepage and look forward to readling more of your lifes journey to a spiritual resurrection.

Your talk with your announcement of disassociation from the organization was fantastic, I know had I been in that audience I think my mouth would have dropped to the floor in disbeif. By the way your a wonderful orator.

Blessings to you always, in the name of the Father Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Your fellow servant in Christ

Orangefatcat

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

After hearing that recording I read "Country of the Blind." I was so changed by that story. I know in the talk you used it differently. But it explains the JW situation so perfectly....Here is a link to a copy. It is a must read for anyone who has ever been or is in a cult.

http://www.online-literature.com/wellshg/3/

tsof

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

bttt

• zarco
    zarco

LT -

Well done! The denigration of Jesus is what got to me also, although I am still "in" physically. Fabulous talk and thanks for the caring manner in which you exited. You dignified the congregation with your expressions of love and sincerity.

Zarco

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Little Toe,

I've seen references to the fact that you DA'ed during a public talk, but somehow missed this thread until now. I just finished listening to your talk and it was very moving. My brother, you certainly are one of a kind. I don't know how you were able to make it through but you did a fantastic job! I'm glad you still have it on the web and it was certainly an inspiration to me.

Well done

• zagor
    zagor

This gotta be the longest running thread in history ;)

awesome story

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit