Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Thanks for the bump. I just read the transcript. Very good read.

• just Ron
    just Ron

WOW!!! Amazing talk given at the hall.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I was mainly bumping this in the hope iCeltic might catch it. Are you still around?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I knew Little Toe as a JW ...lovely guy. Have tried to get in touch with him but no luck so far.

Loz x

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I knew him too. Maybe we know each other.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hey Slimboyfat I've sent you a pm.

Loz x

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Is there an active link to this talk still, anwhere? Would love to hear this one time at least.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have got relatives who were at the Kingdom Hall on the morning when LittleToe gave his departing talk. There were elements of high drama that you can't make out just from the audio. Such as the fact that the presiding overseer was sitting in the front row (of a very tiny Kingdom Hall, so literally one meter away from LittleToe as he gave the talk). The presiding overseer was perched in indecision through the last few minutes of the talk, wavering about whether he should try to stop LittleToe from speaking or remove him from the platform by force. In the end he just sat there and did nothing. Everyone was pretty shocked and no one saw it coming. (Although you always get those who are wise in hindsight of course) He said goodbye to the children in the congregation during his closing comments, which must have been emotional because he was well known for getting along with young ones. There are more details I could mention but I don't want to be prurient. Let's just say it was pretty dramatic, even more dramatic than it sounds.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Thanks for the review SBF. Wow is all I can say, that had to have been something to see!!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

One of many of the 'best of' threads here.

Little Toe did it his way. He's out living his life happy and free now to boot - even better. :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit