Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A working link to the talk (WAV file, 8 MB) is at the bottom of the page below:

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html

You know I thought this link wasn't working which is why I requested another one. It must be my company's software. I'll get it when I go home! Thanks Donnie!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

George: Actually, there was a direct link on a previous page to the actual ZIP file. That link does not work. However, when you visit the profile linked above, then you can download the ZIP file.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

Great talk. I can't believe no one said anything - the audience was pretty quiet.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I totally forgot about this. Glad someone resurrected it. Has anyone been in contact with Little Toe or Xena recently. An update would be cool. Glad they are out living their lives.

• Terry
    Terry

I was at Little Toe's wedding reception.

Is he still happily married?

I've heard disturbing rumors about him since then, but, have no way of parsing what is true and not true.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Wow, this thread is still alive! I popped in due to a moment of nostalgia, after recently trying to get in contact with my estranged brother who is now a JW Elder and giving free labour to building projects in Africa and the Far East. Needless to say he doesn’t want to reopen communication, even though we have maintained radio silence for over a decade. Other than that I have tended to pop in every now and then to check the mailbox, to see if any of my old friends have been looking for me. It looks like I need to work out how to update that old website.

It’s been an interesting few years. In that time I’ve had a couple of health scares and been brought face-to-face with my own mortality. It was pretty bad, including quite a number of psychotherapy sessions addressing unresolved issues of being raised believing that I would never have to die. Do you ever get completely free from it all? I’ve had to accept that its part of my past, part of me, and attempt to get on with life.

Many will be aware that Xena and I’s relationship broke down quickly, starting perhaps before she even got to the UK. I don’t think we were ever able to put a finger on the reasons why. I was so ashamed and embarrassed by the failure that I stopped posting here, since we’d had a pretty high profile wedding. I can hardly believe that it’s been about five years. We stayed in touch for a while, and she appeared to be getting on with life and enjoying herself, but we lost all contact a couple of years ago when we had a serious IT failure at my work and lost our email server.

Regardless of what it throws at you, life does go on and I’m happy and settled. I subsequently met someone through my work and have recently had a child. Boy has that been a wonderful, eye-opening and life-changing event! On another positive note, I also now have occasion to see my parents due to “necessary family business” with their grandchild. Needless to say that things with them are still strained, though.

Much as I miss you all I probably wouldn’t have posted but was intrigued and bemused by Terry’s open comment about “disturbing rumours”. It’s not my style to just lurk in the background. Perhaps you can PM me so that I can help you “parse”.

As for leaving the JWs, I have no regrets. We're not oblivious to the repercussions we face. I don’t think it’s possible to leave without some pain and damage. All we can do is minimise that as best we can, perhaps maintaining some dignity in the process. Other than that, I hope everyone is well and getting stronger every day!

• barry
    barry

Gday LT, nice to see you here again. I have only just got back here because I forgot my password, I didnt remember it was in upper case. Barry

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

yay - he's back

• Terry
    Terry

Little Toe! Welcome back. You DO have a P.M.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit