The Danger of Credulous Research of Jehovah's Witnesses on the Internet

by Spade 101 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm, ya think? Nope. Nice try.

The kingdumb hall is a good place for you Spade.

• Spade
    Spade

Well this wasn't very coherent. Why do I have to explain anything to you?

I know my reasons for being here. I'm not sure you know why you're here.

I'm here because it's a forum where you can discuss anything pertaining to Jehovah's Witnesses.
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That doesn't answer my questions. Are you here to convince us or yourself?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How would true worshipers living in the time of the end be identified? Would they always be right, would their judgment be infallible? Jesus’ apostles were not above the need for correction.

The only difference in comparison to the the original followers of Christ is that the changes in their doctrines

occur when and only its necessary to make themselves look and appear viable toward the public ,with the intension of keeping

any culled followers. The time of the end always made sales for the WTS. ($)

in this sense the WTS. is a apocalyptic fear mongering cult that exploits people's fears and insecurities to cultivate power

and wealth. There seems to be somewhat of a discrepancy on your stating that you never were a JW.

I purpose that that is a lie to dissuade people into thinking else-wise.

I never have seen or heard of a person know so much about about the JWS, doctrinal or other-wise.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Oh Alice. When are you going to give up the fantasy? Reality isn't always nice, but it's better than living in fairyland.

• Spade
    Spade

"That doesn't answer my questions. Are you here to convince us or yourself?"

I'm here to challenge opposing viewpoints out of personal interest. I don't expect to convince anyone of anything on an internet forum. Not toward conversion anyway.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Maybe it is that dumb Alice putting time for her monthly publishing record ?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh, so you're here to convince yourself. Cuz if you really were a jw you wouldn't be here.

Seems to me it's really not working for ya.

• Spade
    Spade

"Oh, so you're here to convince yourself. Cuz if you really were a jw you wouldn't be here.

Seems to me it's really not working for ya."

If it doesn't work for me you'll be the first to know. I can't say that at this point.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

There is one thing that JWs/wannabes/Zealots seem to do constantly and it drives me up the frikkin' wall. They prefix and append every statement they possibly can with a scripture. It's like the scriptures are a giant pot of multi-coloured sweets that you can dip into and by judicious selection show all the red sweets.

I wish you could get to the real people not the sweet toting drones. Dare to have your own thoughts, try to avoid finding a random biblical statement that seems like it backs you up ( but doesn't; it will probably be about someone killing somone's son or why women aren't as good as men) and realise that treating the bible like a giant book of one verse proverbs - all written in code just waiting for your unique insight to reveal to the rest of us blunderers - generally weakens the emotionally import of what you are sharing.

When I read JW literature I always have to do a 'hop, skip and jump' reading, read the comment - skip the scripture (it adds nothing to the first statement except to show someone sat and quote mined as though they were uncertain of the statement and needed some bronze age backup.) If the bible had been written in that style then it would be full of self referencing circular arguments.

Oh it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit