The Danger of Credulous Research of Jehovah's Witnesses on the Internet

by Spade 101 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nugget
    nugget

Spade typical of you to hit and run. You say that anything anyone wants to learn can be found by talking to JWs and reading the societies publications. This is not true, witnesses only know what they are told at the current time and are not fully aware of their own history and sadly in some cases their own doctrine.

It does not take long to find the flaws in their arguments or yours.

Get a real education and learn to present a real evidence based report then see how well the society stands up to scrutiny.

• Spade
    Spade

Oh yeah I forgot this part.

Rutherford had a far more lenient attitude towards drunkenness, fornication, and other similar sins. So the Society now teaches that people who do "such things as fornication, getting drunk, lying or cheating" will not be saved at Armageddon (Paradise Earth, 1989, p. 155). This is on the basis of 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. When Rutherford commented on this scripture, he took the opposite stance. He said that although drunkenness and other similar sins are to be "properly condemned," the people who commit these offenses often "are victims of circumstances" and "hampered by fleshly weaknesses which they are powerless to resist ... They are sinners; but not wicked people, because their hearts are not wicked. It often happens that such people are credited with being the 'best-hearted people in the community'. They are sinners, and commit offenses because of weaknesses or because of ignorance. God pities the sinners and makes allowances for their weaknesses" (Watchtower, 15 March 1929, pp. 93-94). Those doing God's work in vindicating his name are those who please God, regardless of fleshly weakness; Rutherford used the example of King David whose "flesh was weak" but as the earthly representative of God's organization he "could be called a man after God's own heart" (Watchtower, 1 September 1929, p. 271). The ones who are specifically condemned to destruction at Armageddon are those who oppose God's interests and are part of Satan's organization.

Few people have ever discerned that the Bible makes a distinction between a sinner and a wicked person. All men are sinners because born in sin. The Scriptures declare that "there is none righteous, no, not one". Not all men, however, are wicked. A wicked person is one who willfully, maliciously and with deliberate intent, seeks to injure, oppose, misrepresent, hinder or thwart the work of Jehovah God, and to slander his name.

It often happens that such people are credited with being the 'best-hearted people in the community'. They are sinners, and commit offenses because of weaknesses or because of ignorance. God pities the sinners and makes allowances for their weaknesses and their ignorance. Watchtower, 15 March 1929, pp. 93-94

This distinction is outlined in the Bible;

For I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners.” Matthew 9:13

I am grateful to Christ Jesus our Lord, who imparted power to me, because he considered me faithful by assigning me to a ministry, although formerly I was a blasphemer and a persecutor and an insolent man. Nevertheless, I was shown mercy, because I was ignorant and acted with a lack of faith. 1 Timothy 1:12-13

Faithful and deserving of full acceptance is the saying that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. 1 Timothy 1:15

For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but [there is] a certain fearful expectation of judgment and [there is] a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition. Hebrews 10:26-27

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A wicked person is one who willfully, maliciously and with deliberate intent, seeks to injure, oppose, misrepresent, hinder or thwart the work of Jehovah God, and to slander his name.

You said it yourself, the WTS. has always been a disingenuous interpreter of the word of Christ, unwholesomely created to sell ($)

literature but appropriately self stamped as god's personal voice on earth. The WTS has sold their corrupt spiritual messages through their

printed literature, something that would and should be detestable to God himself.

Are you still buying Spade ?

Beware of Charlatans posing themselves as givers of spiritual food.

You should always read the fine print at the bottom of the page.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Spade, if you are not a JW, why are you defending them? What exactly is your motivation, besides to troll? If the JW's are so great and so right, why aren't you one? I would think it would make you sort of a hypocrite to come here and call out people who aren't practicing JW's when you aren't willing to be one yourself.

• Spade
    Spade

"Spade, if you are not a JW, why are you defending them? What exactly is your motivation, besides to troll? If the JW's are so great and so right, why aren't you one? I would think it would make you sort of a hypocrite to come here and call out people who aren't practicing JW's when you aren't willing to be one yourself."

I have family members that are Jehovah's Witnesses. I can't honestly say Jehovah's Witnesses are a false religion. It's proud in my opinion to rant and rave about how you don't need God for anything. Other religions small and large don't show the same integrity and Bible insight that they do. They're not your typical cult as many here pass them off as. It's actually more disturbing that a forum that advertises itself as a neutral forum to discuss anything pertaining to Jehovah's Witnesses is 99% full of former members.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Other religions small and large don't show the same integrity and Bible insight that they do.

I really beg to differ on that point but you wouldn't believe me anyway.

• LV101
    LV101

INTEGRITY --- like protecting the innocent children in their halls and hurting/abusing the innocent.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Other religions small and large don't show the same integrity and Bible insight that they do.

Bullshit, other religions haven't exploited the bible for commercial reasons like the WTS. has.

This religion in case you haven't noticed is a Publishing House and most of their designed doctrines

were and have been intensionally created to spur the circulation of its own printed literature.

Thats what you call bible integrity ?

They demand total devotion to them even when its apparent they are deceivingly corrupt.

They have exploited the belief in the bible to meet their means as well as the people they culled toward them in

devoted slavery.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

So Spade, if you feel that strongly about the JW's and feel they are so great and full of integrity, why don't you join them?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Spade is what is described as faithfully devoted " On the fence " JW.

Sounds like a DFed brother or sister who supports the WTS. because there is no intellectual direction to go elsewhere.

Defending ignorance and corruption is what some people think they must do.

There are thousands out there defending other religious charlatans as well.

All you have to do is pick one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit