The Danger of Credulous Research of Jehovah's Witnesses on the Internet

by Spade 101 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Oh pu-lease. Are you still pretending to be a non-Witness male Alice/Rachel? Who exactly do you think you're fooling?

Mary, that was my comment.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    But think about it, if you make it known that you don't believe the generation is overlapping, what would happen if you're a baptized witness? If a witness says they don't believe this organization was chosen by Jesus in 1919, what happens?

I asked my wife what would happen if she stopped believing in 1914. Could she seriously question that doctrine of theirs? Her response, "If you are a witness, why would you not believe in 1914?" So there you have it, to be a witness, you must believe in 1914. That is, until the Governing Body changes the doctrine.

Regarding 1914 and the overlapping generation: In January 2010, I let it out to my wife that the WT had changed the meaning of generation to indicate two overlapping generations. She got on the defensive big time and told me that she is sick and tired of hearing stuff coming from apostates. See, at the time, she believed that the one generation who was alive to see 1914 would not fully die out until the end came.

Fast forward to the time when she received a printed copy of that article. She read it, in context, and came out a believer in it. The context was full of manipulation to lead the reader to that conclusion. As was the leading up to the revelation at the District Convention that followed. Even the drama was full of thought stopping techniques that made the individual witness not want to question the 'new light' on the generation teaching.

It's good to be awake. The CO at that convention even lied about the relationship between Charles Russell and Nelson Barbor and of course the DVD was freely available.

How do JW's view the world and other Christians?

Christendom, Babylon the Great, under Satan's influence, etc.. My wife even associated me with Satan one time. That chick is becoming more and more indoctrinated from each passing moment.

Do they say you can read the Bible and understand it without their help?

I wanted to read the Bible alone with my wife and I will never forget her first reaction when I told her that I did not want to do it with a Watchtower article. "We cannot lean on our own understanding." Priceless.

What do they say is the only religion that has the truth?

Why do they refer to themselves as being in the 'truth?' If any of them are married to non-JW, they are referred to as 'not in the truth.' They're called the 'unbelieving' spouses. Even if that spouse attends a bible believing church. Of course, outside churches are under Satan's influence.

What outside sources do JW's read regarding religion and the Bible?

Nothing critical from my experience. Anything critical of them is said to originate from Satan.

You can't have too many grievances levied against them containing so many similarities without their being some sliver of truth in all of them. Do you believe all the grievances (polygamous, taking wives from underage teenage girls, etc.) levied against the Mormons?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

See, at the time, she believed that the one generation who was alive to see 1914 would not fully die out until the end came.

Most JWs still do believe that. When I told my parents about the generation no longer meaning "wicked worldly people" they were like, what? When did it ever mean that? I had to explain to them that that was the official Borg definition of "generation" from 1995 to 07 or 08 when they changed it back to how it was in the 1920s, "the anointed."

Most JWs don't keep up with new light. They remember whatever the light was when they were first indoctrinated as "the truth" and the newer stuff is usually brushed off.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It's interesting that the GB has created a fear of researching on the "dangerous" internet. However, I could research JWs in the old fashion way (i.e at the library) and find the same conclusions.

As our good friend would say:

itsacult

• undercover
    undercover

This is a waste of time, but it's my time, so I'm gonna waste it as I see fit...

I'm going to make one statement in regard to this opening post and it will be my only statement. It alone will show why I don't need to debate or argue this any further.

It's been my experience so far, that anything a person wants to find out about Jehovah’s Witnesses, they can find out from Jehovah’s Witnesses. Any and all information ever published by Jehovah Witnesses is accessible to all. The quality of their personalities can be assessed in person at any Kingdom Hall and not just taken at face value unlike the numerous cyberghosts that run amok on the internet. Good educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion, but there are real problems with some former members:

• They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others
    • They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths
    • They take sides with others that have deviated from the organization often slandering men who are no longer around to defend themselves

But shun empty speeches that violate what is holy; for they will advance to more and more ungodliness, and their word will spread like gangrene.

Since any and all information about JWs and the WTS then we can confirm certain things that were fed to us as "truth" from God.

Such as:

Did the WTS predict Armageddon in 1914? Yes.

Did the WTS point to 1975 as a monumental date that saw the end of 6,000 years of man's existance and Armageddon would follow, if not that year then soon after? Yes.

Did the WTS claim that the generation of people living in 1914 would live to see Armageddon and some would live through it to never have to face death? Yes.

Was the WTS wrong in all these claims? Yes.

Based on this track record, is there any reason to believe their claims of being spirit-directed and being God's channel? No.

This is the evidence of credible research of the WTS and it's puppet religion, the JWs.

If one wants to follow this religion despite the credible evidence, fine, knock yourself out but don't try to credulously sell me on the idea of the WTS/JWs being anything more than just another doomsday cult.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Good job, Undercover. Interestingly if Alice/Spade would read "Captives of a Concept" then she would see that JW theology can be disproven FROM THEIR OWN LITERATURE!

It is absolutely impossible that they were chosen by Jesus in 1918/19. If Alice/Spade can admit that they were not chosen at that time, then I would ask, "When were they chosen?"

• TD
    TD

It still boggles my mind that active JW's don't seem to realize that the great crowd doctrine is closely connected to the generation understanding as it stood in the year 1970. (And that was three iterations ago.) Unconnecting it could greatly upset the apple cart.

Or maybe they do at some level realize that, which is why many still cling to the pre -95 understanding?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I wasn't gonna comment, because alice never answers me back................. but,

"Time is the enemy of the false prophet", enjoy your false prophet............... we don't choose to follow the false prophet.

my mind is free!

• dgp
    dgp

Oh, I'm sorry I'm so late .

Yep,

"It's been my experience so far, that anything a person wants to find out about Jehovah’s Witnesses, they can find out from Jehovah’s Witnesses"

You have limited experience :-). You learn a lot more from former Jehovah's witnesses .

I suppose you don't believe in the principle that when someone complains, that complaint should be taken seriously, since it's pointing out where the problems are.

I also tried reading here, and then asking an unsuspecting Jehovah's witness. What they told me here was never a lie.

What are the dangers of credulous research without the Internet?

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

It is interesting that "apologists" are closely related to "revisionists." They

must excuse past infractions at any price....even by revising the known facts.

Like a good lawyer, they use argumentation to justify their clients. They may

know in their hearts that they are guilty. But they have a vested interest

to defend at any cost even when it means ignoring the truth. But the truth

prevails. One can not ignore the truth in the sincerity of Ray Franz or the research of

James Penton. Their books speak louder than all the Watchtower apologists combined.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit