The Danger of Credulous Research of Jehovah's Witnesses on the Internet

by Spade 101 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others
      They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths

You get your definition of the Trinity from the Watchtower. I doubt that you even know what it is as described in the Catholic Encyclopedia.

Your "Should You Believe in the Trinity Brochure" has twenty odd pages to discuss that definition, and doesn't.

It has twenty odd pages to discuss John 20:28. Have you read it? Does it really address any of the problems? Are the statements it makes verifiable? Can you direct me to the writings of the 'scholars' that make their 'suggestion'?

None of my Jehovah's Witness relatives actually know what the doctrine really is and some of them have been preaching against it for 70 years.

How did that happen, Spade?

• They sift the facts, exploiting the useful ones and concealing the others
    • They also distort and twist facts, specializing in lies and half-truths
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

time for a

Loz x

• compound complex
    compound complex

From VM44's post:

While in some instances we can cooperate with research projects including surveys we certainly want to avoid having publishers expressing personal viewpoints that may not be in line with the Bible principles that really govern each Christian’s conduct and the united efforts of the brotherhood to carry out Jehovah’s will.

Thanks!

An undescribed number of publishers expresses personal - "unscriptural" - points of view, yet each Christian's conduct is governed by Bible principles ...

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Spade is just as his name states, a digger up of old crap to try to prove the WTBTS are correct Spade if you are still active in the demented congregation you aspire to then you must see that the why you are an apostate just like all of us by been on this site!

Get out of the truth for good and stop sitting on the fence! We on JWN don't want you on here taking up space and time with your horse $hit you keep posting.

HHG

• NewChapter
    NewChapter
    While in some instances we can cooperate with research projects including surveys we certainly want to avoid having publishers expressing personal viewpoints that may not be in line with the Bible principles that really govern each Christian’s conduct and the united efforts of the brotherhood to carry out Jehovah’s will.

LOL, Wow, that part is making me dizzy. Do it again!

• wasblind
    wasblind

From VM44's post:

" On page 13, column 2, of the above-named brochure, we have listed our belief that a clergy class and special titles are improper "

Say what ? So I guess there are no more GB, CO's, DO's Elders and Dodo's as in ( Dodo birds ) what a bunch of bunk

Hey CoCo, everything that comes out of brooklyn bites them in the behind

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

spade-nice presentation.i know some who join jws werent sincere to begin with.they leave and slander and so forth.but i think most who leave are conscience objectors to the wts sins and ever changing doctrine and insistance on exclusive devotion to a flawed belief system.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Why defend the Watchtower Society? Anyone who does not comprehend that they are nothing more than a cult, with undertones very much like the Muslims must have their head up Arse.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    A noteworthy fact is that Rutherford lived to the age of 73 in good health. The abuse of alcohol is condemned in Jehovah's Organization and this fact can be ascertained by getting to know them as individuals.

Oh yeah I forgot this part.

Rutherford had a far more lenient attitude towards drunkenness, fornication, and other similar sins. So the Society now teaches that people who do "such things as fornication, getting drunk, lying or cheating" will not be saved at Armageddon (Paradise Earth, 1989, p. 155). This is on the basis of 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. When Rutherford commented on this scripture, he took the opposite stance. He said that although drunkenness and other similar sins are to be "properly condemned," the people who commit these offenses often "are victims of circumstances" and "hampered by fleshly weaknesses which they are powerless to resist ... They are sinners; but not wicked people, because their hearts are not wicked. It often happens that such people are credited with being the 'best-hearted people in the community'. They are sinners, and commit offenses because of weaknesses or because of ignorance. God pities the sinners and makes allowances for their weaknesses" (Watchtower, 15 March 1929, pp. 93-94). Those doing God's work in vindicating his name are those who please God, regardless of fleshly weakness; Rutherford used the example of King David whose "flesh was weak" but as the earthly representative of God's organization he "could be called a man after God's own heart" (Watchtower, 1 September 1929, p. 271). The ones who are specifically condemned to destruction at Armageddon are those who oppose God's interests and are part of Satan's organization.

• Mary
    Mary
    Spade/AIW said: I ask this because my wife revealed to me today that when she and I discuss the WT religion, she counts at least an hour for FS.

Oh pu-lease. Are you still pretending to be a non-Witness male Alice/Rachel? Who exactly do you think you're fooling?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit