The Danger of Credulous Research of Jehovah's Witnesses on the Internet

by Spade 101 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• glenster
    glenster

"Glenster's Guide to GTJ Brooklyn" is a better source about the JWs leaders
    than the JW leaders, and you also get to find out about a lot of good mods, free
    pinball, and stunts.
    http://glenster1.webs.com/gtjbrooklynindex.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dC119wBK0I

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I got all my doubts about WTS teachings directly from the pages of their own literature, all on my own, pretty much. My parents became Witnesses when I was about 12, and I studied diligently, and was never completely convinced about some things, like the 1914 teaching.

I was even well known in my congregation for giving quite detailed and scholarly answers at the Watchtower because I spent hours pouring over the Bible and studying.

I always disliked Field Service admittedly, and never converted one person in my 36 years of being a Witness (even though I'm not shy and gregarious and have no difficultires talking to people in general), I just felt rude and intrusive doing FS, and regular meeting attendance was hard for me because of some health issues, but I always studied, trying desperately to convince myself that I had "the Truth".

I learned to parrot the teachings in public and to others early on, because I did not want to alienate my parents, who were enthused about their new religion. I was always a "good kid" who wanted to please my parents. I continued to do that for years. Finally I became totally inactive, depressed, and thought there was something totally wrong with me, that Jehovah hated me and had rejected me because I could not quit doubting.

I never looked at one word of apostate literature or spoke with one EVER until I had compiled so many doubts and questions that the "mature" Witnesses sent to study with me at my request, and they would not and could not answer for me that I finally, with great fear and hesitation, looked elsewhere.

I discovered that the "true-believer" exists in all religions and is merely a person who cannot accept any questioning of his chosen beliefs or philosophies, opinions, politics, whatever, and that is that, everything must be concrete, black and white and without question in his world. It's not peculiar to Witnesses, I have met true believers in every religion and walk of life.

They are not my favorite people to be around, I prefer flexibility,tolerance and ecumenicism. Lousy qualities for a Witness, I know. No wonder I was unsuited for it.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Alice Rachel my love! It's so wonderful to see you again you apologetic hooker.

• Gordy
    Gordy

More like the danger of credulous Jehovah's Witnesses.

Know to many JWs , who only believe half of what they are told.

No different from many other religions where majority of members,
    who really have no idea what they are taught or believe.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG I read the first sentence

It's been my experience so far, that anything a person wants to find out about Jehovah’s Witnesses, they can find out from Jehovah’s Witnesses

and that was enough for me. Ask any JW about their history - the real history - not the fictional one published in their books to hide the truth and they haven't got a clue about it. Heck ask them something current like who is on the GB and they won't know

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Okay...what happened to objectivism?!

• Terry
    Terry

Okay...what happened to objectivism?!

Ask Leonard Peikov the intellectual "heir" of Ayn Rand.

Turns out it is alive and well.

Atlast Shrugged (the movie) will be released soon.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

"It's been my experience so far, that anything a person wants to find out about Jehovah’s Witnesses, they can find out from Jehovah’s Witnesses"

Oh you mean like this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybHW9BC-KC0

Go to ANY one company and ask them about their products in relation to some other companies products. Say Microsoft XBox brand vs. Sony Playstation brand. Here you have a console that is plauged with crashes and errors, and they'll say "We feel confident in the XBox brand. We have sold 50 million units and blah blah blah....." Here's what they aren't telling you: A number of those 50 million sold are repurchases by one person. Now while this doesn't take away from the amount sold, one might gather that there are 50 million individuals who bought XBox 360s. And you know what? They (MS) aren't going to do anything to correct this belief. This quote of yours....wow! You may as well have said:

If anyone wants to find out about who killed the victim, they can find out from the suspect. I know this is strawman tech and I hate when people bring it out in convo but the link here I want to make is that the evidence is all around that this isn't the truth. Their coverups, the myopic articles you read complete with visual aids, the "new light" when the "old light" was supposedly directed by god (if it came from god initially, was given to the dupes in Brooklyn also by god, why does god then go "Oh, well here's a little more info on that." It's frakkin' god! He has the power to tell us all the details that we were entitled to from the start) the way they don't want you to research WITHOUT their literature, the frowning on independant thought (like how many times have you watched a show and the people split up so they could cover more ground when searching for something) the focus on getting your kids to OBEY. Yes you want respectful kids but there's another side to it. The WT(BS)T$ knows that if the parents are in, this fallacious logic will be projected onto the kid, thus the potential for that kid growing up and getting some position in the business becomes higher. It's about securing the business future, that's all. The way they tear your childhood from you, the years that shape you as a person, just GONE! The way they hijack a conversation out of you and then when they can't 'win' they label you.......LABEL YOU......and convieniantly find something else that they just have to give their attention to right, stat, now! like the phone call in the above Youtube link.

Yeah but you KEEP ON seeking first the kingdom and thinking that JW's are giving you facts. Don't even Youtube "8 criteria for thought reform" and get smacked upside the head with how the society and the vid, OMG totally look like twins. Don't you dare wikipedia what logical fallacies appear in debate. And so help me if you Youtube propaganda techniques....(I don't mean the user by that name, but while you're NOT at it, him as well as Tim Kilgore) dude, I swear to god.....if you do that....

I hope my post wasn't too profanity laced for you. Wouldn't want you to shut off because of a few squiggly and straight lines made to represent words that you weren't even saying therefore not in any violation of any rules the society gave you. Go 'head with your freewillin' self. WINNING!

• Spade
    Spade
    Go to ANY one company and ask them about their products in relation to some other companies products. Say Microsoft XBox brand vs. Sony Playstation brand. Here you have a console that is plauged with crashes and errors, and they'll say "We feel confident in the XBox brand. We have sold 50 million units and blah blah blah.....

Jehovah's Witnesses have Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Life to offer. Malicious opposers have nothing to offer except what is good for tearing down. It doesn't take much to identify another person’s faults and tear him down with cutting remarks. Case in point; PlayStation salesman do not slander the executives of Microsoft in an effort to sell a game console. From my observation, opposers of Jehovah's Witnesses are bent on slandering members of the organization, primarily the Governing Body. Some malicious opposers (Jewish religious leaders) in Jesus day were rotten in their hearts right to their core, and Jesus knew it. All Jesus had to do was listen to their conniving antagonism to know they were ill willed. The same is true in the last days. There are apostate fighters of God that run rampant and speak twisted things.

I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness, and from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves. Acts 20:29-30

All of the Watchtower Society's early literature is available in most Kingdom Hall libraries as critics of Jehovah's Witnesses will often zero in on the early development of the organization for any flaws without taking into consideration the environment that surrounded Charles Taze Russell and his contemporaries. There's no reason to speak to opposers for their take on the early development of the organization and certain other matters. I for one acknowledge any flaws myself. There are opposers like "Six Screens" that are obvious hate campaigns and use sensational propaganda against Jehovah's Witnesses.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

these aren't the droids you're looking for...move along...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit