Jan. 15th WT- Go to Meetings to Fight the Blues- Eliminate other Activities

by flipper 103 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

This Watchtower just made me want to make this comic:

-Sab

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The meetings were excruciating for me. When I glanced around the room, I saw everyone else had glazed eyes. Time stood still - almost as in the OT story during the famous battle.

Depression is mostly biological. They do not consider this option at all. The most devout Witness who normally finds meetings exhilirating cannot leave a depression by attending meetings. Rather than acknowledge human frailty, they impose higher standards of conduct on ill members. Armageddon, if you believe, is hard to argue with.

Do they have to opine about depression? Why can't they stick to doctrinal issues?

• Spade
    Spade

People here must be completely unreceptive to Jehovah's holy spirit as it's mentioned throughout the Watchtower study article.

Remember, Jesus assured his disciplesthat he would give them a helper—God’s holy spirit. (Read John 14:16,17.) This is the most powerful force inthe universe. With it, Jehovah can “more than superabundantly” provide the strength thatwe need to endure any trial. (Eph. 3:20) By relying on it, said the apostle Paul, we receive “power beyond what is normal,” even though we are “pressed in every way.” (2 Cor. 4:7, 8) Paragraph 12

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Spade/AliceInWonderLand

People here must be completely unreceptive to Jehovah's holy spirit as
    it's mentioned throughout the Watchtower study article.

What does Gods Holy Spirit have to do with Peddling WBT$ Literature?..

With a Message that Expires Faster than a Quart of Milk..

And..

Considering your not a Jehovah`s Witness..

When was the last time you went out in the Field Service?

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Wow! "Stephanie" had three strokes, two surgeries, is partially paralyzed and blind, and still makes it to meetings and service?!

She must be "Andre's" sister!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

The meetings, assemblies, service, bible study, pioneering, talk preparation is the best medicine for strokes and brain tumors. NMKA

• flipper
    flipper

Wow ! I go away and work all night and look at all the great comments you guys and gals give ! Fantastic replies ! Thanks ! I'll reply to pg.1 first.

PALMTREE 67- I hear what you're saying about reading the magazines. I too felt stressed out reading them as it was ALWAYS negative information about how BAD the times were. I truly believe the WT society does that to witnesses to cause not only panic like you stated, but to instill fear as well in them. A real tactic of a mind control cult- causing panic and fear in members.

WASBLIND- I hope you continue to feel better now that you don't attend meetings. It's good you've been able to go down to one blood pressure medication. Going to those meetings is enough to give ANYBODY high blood pressure for sure. I'm glad you got out sis- probably saved your life.

TOTALLYADD- Good point you make. The WT society uses these unrealistic examples to instill guilt like feelings into JW members to ALWAYS make them feel like they aren't doing enough ! If sister so and so can do it with 2 strokes and is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other - it's like WHAT are WE doing ? You know ? It's ridiculous. Nothing is EVER enough for the WT society. I know what you mean about seeing your children grow into adults- my 3 are all in their mid 20's now and I too was told I'd never finish High School in this system ! And that was in the mid 1970's ! Crazy.

OUTLAW-No kidding ? They actually have a card they'll put next to hospital beds advertising the JW junk ? Man alive, are they tacky or what ? I liked your beat up guy in the hospital bed- THAT really drives home the point ! I wonder if THAT particular guy turned his time in last month ? Maybe THAT'S why he's laying in the hospital bed- elders worked him over because he FORGOT to turn his time in !

MRFREEZE- Yeah, it's really ironic and bewildering isn't it ? WT society INSISTS JW's keep close in mind Armageddon- then BLAME them for over anxious expectations ! Leaders of this JW cult are insane. Period.

LONGHAIRGAL- I like your expression " don't piss on my head and say it's raining ". Hilarious. Love it ! Yeah, I only print up these critical roasts of the WT study articles to open people's eyes up to the mind controlling thoughts and catch phrases in the articles so as to see what the WT society is REALLY trying to do to it's members. What helps me is when I read through them ( rather quickly I might add ) is that I look for only cult-like expressions of control. Different terms and catch phrases which indicate ANY semblance of using fear and guilt to intimidate the Witnesses or readers into submission. So- that's usually what I look for. The rest of the doctrinal crap in the articles I just ignore.

COFFEEHOUSEGIRL- Good point you make that when the WT society keeps berating members to " do more " it DOES cause people to shut down emotionally and mentally . It had that effect on me as well when I used to attend. It's really good you are now able to use your authentic mind and have gotten out of the mind control my friend ! Good for you. And it's great when we can really start thinking again on our own, isn't it ? I felt similar.

REOPENED MIND- Very true what you say. Even after doing assembly parts myself- I never felt like I was TOTALLY approved or had done enough either. I like your example of telling your children you'll take them to the park- but NOT make them wait 50 years ! Pretty funny. Waiting for the alleged " Armageddon " started becoming like that as well, definitely.

CULT CLASSIC- Exactly. WT society DID and continues to take away from it's JW members ANYTHING that would help them cultivate a sense of self - as you stated. I can think of a lot more enjoyable , positive things to do with our time than go to mind controlling meetings. Like you said, exercise or yoga - ANYTHING which would help JW's feel better about themselves. I'm glad you got out ! Me too !

RULES & REGULATIONS- Thanks for the kind words. I agree that the WT society expects WAY too much- then it's NEVER enough ! I'm so sorry your aged uncle and mom feel guilted into having to preach to people even in ill health. My parents are in their 80's as well- doing the same thing. It's like older JW's dying breath will be counting field service time. It's really twisted and perverse.

CLARITY- I know how you feel about being pressured to do more, more, more. I had to race to the Kingdom hall in my work clothes to handle the magazine department and quick change my clothes into meeting clothes. Then AFTER the meeting I had to go to work again changing bACK into work clothes ! It was SUCH a hassle ! And I still didn't get any credit for the sacrifices made. None of us did as you well know.

MAN IN BLACK- Thanks. That is so great that you take your dog to visit nursing homes and people in physical therapy to encourage them ! Good for you ! That CERTAINLY isn't a " worthless pursuit " - to see people feel better and encouraged so much must give you a lot of fulfillment ! Good job.

EVIDENTLY APOSTATE- Good point. I bet WT society has big stock in Pharmacies as well- with all the depressed people they have. No doubt.

NEWCHAPTER- I hear what you are saying. I felt claustraphobic inside kingdom halls as well. I can only imagine how bad YOU felt having to sit at a computer all day ! I'd want to get outside as well ! I prefer being outside anyway . And of course like you mentioned - there was always good ol' Circuit Overseer there to make us think it was OUR fault we were stressed, or the world's fault. But it was that bastard WT society's fault the WHOLE TIME ! Incredible. I'm glad you feel less stress now my friend, I do also. Take care

• reds
    reds

This is for spade, are you saying according to the watchtower you have Jehovah's holy spirit? WOW!, & you insinuate those of us on this thread don't . Really!!!!!!!!!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

"How often brothers and sisters arrive at the meetings feeling weary, but when the time comes to go home, it is as if their energy has been renewed, their spiritual batteries recharged!"

I appreciate your thoughts and where you're coming from, Mr. Flipper, but my own experience of returning to the company of people I love has been pleasurable. Would that necessarily be considered purely anecdotal or apologetic?

There is nothing stated here that I haven't thought or felt. It's the people I love, not the teachings and practices you've correctly described and assessed. Bucking up and gritting my teeth has been a lesson in self-discipline heretofore unknown to me.

You can't win an argument on a discussion board but you can state an opinion.

I'm not into arguing, anyway.

Thanks,

CoCo

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Reds:

This is for spade, are you saying according to the watchtower you have Jehovah's holy spirit? WOW!, & you insinuate those of us on this thread don't . Really!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you can tell that Alice has Holy Spirit directing her, because she displays its fruitage - love, joy, peace, etc.

We are always saying things like "That Alice, she's so loving!!" and "Alice is just a joy to be around!" and "Alice is a promoter of peace." and "There's nobody kinder than Alice."

Yes, that's how you can tell Alice has Holy Spirit and noone else here has.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit