Jan. 15th WT- Go to Meetings to Fight the Blues- Eliminate other Activities

by flipper 103 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good grief, Paladin....

What heartless elders!!! And they seem to be getting WORSE!!!!

Can you just see a Catholic priest or a Baptist minister or a Lutheran pastor [or is it the other way around??] treating one of THEIR people like that???

Glad you survived, though!!!

Hugs!!!

Zid

• paladin
    paladin

I have been feeling much better since surgery. When I think about being asked regarding time when your in the hospital it just makes you feel more sick.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

great find, Flipper...I have scanned page 25 (par 13 -16) because I find it easier to read it in context

Oh boy! I do not know whether to anticipate or dread Sunday 27th March when it is studied at the meeting.. The family are going to be hopping mad . This will be so discouraging to those who struggle with illness and sincerely want to give more to their faith. The smug, fit and active who Pioneer will be looking down on the rest. ......The nutters whose only pleasure in life is to read The Insight Book and go to Meetings will love it . The rest who enjoy a balance of things are made to feel guilty

"So if you are tired and under pressure" Par 16 says....You must be doing too much outside of the congregation.....and par 14 explains that "Holy Spirit" comes our way at meetings. "Christian activities are always refreshing!"

So do more ! you slackers ...you are knackered from enjoying yourselves .....................As if!!!!!!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Wow, thanks for posting that BluesBrother. Paragraph 14 is hilarious where it states, "How often brothers and sisters arrive at the meetings feeling weary, but when the time comes to go home, it is as if their energy has been renewed, their spiritual batteries recharged!"

That might singlehandedly be the stupidest thing I've read so far this early in the year. Then again, maybe the writers of this article just need help with interpreting people's moods after the meeting. It's not that our spiritual batteries have been recharged, but rather we're just glad that the frickin meeting is over! We're happy to no longer have to sit through dull and repetative parts. We're happy we finally get to go home, which is where we would have stayed in the first place if there wasn't such a guilt trip to attend the frickin meeting! Idiots man.

Paragraph 16 is a doozy too. We might benefit from reviewing our work schedule, the frequency we travel for pleasure, and the intensity which we pursue sports and other leisure activities? Wow. Most in the congregation don't have the luxury to travel as much as the GB and other heavies in Bethel. Pursue sports? Have you ever noticed how prevelant obesity is in the average congregation? Examine my work schedule? I'll keep that mind as I slave for the company I work for because I lack a degree to put me in a better employment situation.

Ya know something, I don't like to curse, but they really are some arrogant assholes up there aren't they? At the least, they're grossly out of touch with the average publisher in the average congregation.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

"The beatings will continue until morale improves"

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

marking...

• imconfused
    imconfused

My mam told me a few months back, if only me & my bro would come back our money problems would be solved and our depression!! We both have depression and my mam reckons it can be fixed by going back to the meetings!!! She has it too & it hasnt helped her going to meetings! I found it quite insensitive when she said this to me - my bro has tried to kill himself twice and I have had serious thoughts also - I just dont see how meetings can stop that??? Oh yea, becasue it cant!

• crazycate
    crazycate

If a one-legged blind diabetic moron can pioneer, why can't you? Oh the guilt, the guilt.

Guilt is exhausting. And a very powerful tool. I can remember feeling "good" that I made it to the meeting despite being exhausted and having a crashing headache. But why? Because then I didn't have to feel guilty.

Everyone at the meetings will talk about how refreshing the meetings are...how wonderful they make them feel (you are refreshed because I SAY you are refreshed), but for a reality check, see how they react to the news that a meeting has been canceled due to weather. Everyone is THRILLED. They get to stay home in their jammies, in front of the fire, relaxing. Oh the joy, all that and NO guilt.

My favorite new expression from this thread, "Don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining." Right on!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

but for a reality check, see how they react to the news that a meeting has been canceled due to weather. Everyone is THRILLED. They get to stay home in their jammies, in front of the fire, relaxing. Oh the joy, all that and NO guilt.

Very few things in life make a JW as happy as a cancelled meeting due to weather. Hands down the greatest phone call any person can recieve other than winning a fortune from a Nigerian contest that they don't recall applying for, is when your group overseer calls and says the meeting is cancelled due to bad weather.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I have to wonder if this kind of crackdown will drive more to just DA instead of fading?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit