Jan. 15th WT- Go to Meetings to Fight the Blues- Eliminate other Activities

by flipper 103 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning OTWO..

I would think you would be able to Count Time in a Coma..

With the little WBT$ Advertising Card on the table,beside your hosptal bed..

It`s like Street Corner work..It`s not Necessary talk to Anyone..You don`t Need to Think..

Your just there with WBT$ Advertising..

The WBT$ has no problem Exploiting anyone ..Including someone in a Coma..LOL!!!..

This Jehovah`s Witness was Able to Pioneer from his Hospital Bed..

In a Coma!..

"Are you doing Enough for Jehovah?"

............................ ...OUTLAW

• paladin
    paladin

I remember the 1975 failed prediction and I read in a later dated magazine that we were blamed for running ahead in expectation of the big A. I became angry and have doubted the WT$ since then. At last nights meeting it has been mentioned again to support your service group, we are all tired but continue to preach more, have a regular weekly family study, etc. It just seems to me the pressure is on.

• sd-7
    sd-7

I remember that I always assumed it was everything else in life that was stressing me out, not the meetings and all that. For one, I usually got depressed when I knew it was MEETING NIGHT. I felt like I wasn't really going for the sake of learning anything, but rather to report in, like prisoners' roll call or something.

Tuesdays were the worst, and getting up for work or school the next day was awful. Sometimes the assemblies made me feel like I'd eaten the whole weekend only to leave the program feeling sad and inadequate. Especially after hearing how somebody had like a death in the family, two heart attacks, and still manages to pioneer. You know the stories...

Getting a meeting night off was better than getting a day off from school. But...it never consciously occurred to me that it was the meetings that were the problem. Except for the Book Study, back when it was on Saturday mornings. I loathed it, always ended up late because I didn't feel like getting up. And field service, it was idiotic. Nobody would go to the territory for an hour! And then it's the heat of the day and you're sweating to get through a couple of blocks and you talk to maybe 3 people after 2 hours of door knocking.

This is like Boxer in 'Animal Farm'. "I will work harder" is the only solution to all problems, rather than facing the problems directly.

--sd-7

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I felt like I wasn't really going for the sake of learning anything, but rather to report in, like prisoners' roll call or something.

This is an excellant discription of what going to the meetings is like too! Ha!!! Don't miss a couple roll calls either, and watch the gossip start.

This is like Boxer in 'Animal Farm'. "I will work harder" is the only solution to all problems, rather than facing the problems directly.

I read this a couple months ago, excellant book bruh. I strongly recommend you read Down and Out in Paris and London by him as well.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

If your in a Coma..

The WBT$ has a little card,Advertising the WBT$..

Someone can put on the Table,beside your Hospital Bed..

Outlaw:

Can they count the time? Sounds like an easy way to regular pioneer.

• Ding
    Ding

Typical Watchtower.

If you're a stressed out JW it's because you aren't doing enough for Jehovah's organization.

Just do more, more, more and all your stress will be gone.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good thread, Flipper!!!

This comment:

"Notice in paragraph 14 how pressure is put on ALL JW's to attend meetings no matter what. It states ,
    " When we are tired and under pressure, we must NEVER reason that the way to deal with stress is to cut back on spiritual activities. That is the WORST thing we could possibly do. Why ? Because such activities as personal and family Bible study, field service, and meeting attendance are the means by which we receive revitalizing HOLY SPIRIT. Christian activities are ALWAYS refreshing. " Translation : The stresses you go through in life are NEVER enough to cause you to miss meetings. ..."

Sounds like the Watchtower Corporation is maneuvering to cut off the typical excuses used by many faders: "We're just too exhausted to attend the meetings right now..." or "I've been feeling so depressed lately; I just can't find the energy to make it to the meetings..."

Faders, WATCH out!!! Other threads have stated this also, but it sure looks like the Watchotwer Corporation is targeting you through their literature...

And it also might be that the boys at Bethel have been reading the typical advice given on this board to faders as to how they might avoid that irritating and intrusive "elders' meeting"....

Maybe we could come up with some highly creative excuses for not attending meetings... Post that thread in the "Members Only" section, though that probably won't keep them out anyway.....

Zid

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Idrnmo..

The little WBT$ Advertising Card was made for Hospital bound JW`s..

So they could still do some form of Field Service..

My best guess is you can Count your Time..I never Thought to Ask..

I was in Shock at the Time..LOL!!..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oN1_HEDG8VE/TPQ3uDSVweI/AAAAAAAAAB8/N-Ftcv_CaI8/s1600/shocked-1.jpg

............................ ...OUTLAW

• ziddina
    ziddina

I felt like I wasn't really going for the sake of learning anything, but rather to report in, like prisoners' roll call or something.

Ah, don't you guys mean, "Control Call"...???

Zid

• paladin
    paladin

I had open heart surgery in 2004 on my mitril valve and the elders asked me if had any time to report like 15 minutes. I was shocked to hear that. What do they expect from me, I'm feeling sick and in pain. Get lost please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit