Jan. 15th WT- Go to Meetings to Fight the Blues- Eliminate other Activities

by flipper 103 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bumpin' the thread...

'CAuse I like the discussion, and feel that more thoughtful comments are on the way...

• flipper
    flipper

HOFFNUNG- Thanks for your comments. I really respect your views and appreciate the current update from someone who is still attending meetings. I'm sure you are finding it exhausting as you stated. I'm so sorry to hear your dad was under so much pressure to " do more " and " advance " that it caused him depression. It's like nothing we do is ever enough ! So in time witnesses ask themselves " Why try " ? I kept feeling that way before I quit meetings 7 years ago. I knew how hard I struggled to get to meetings with my night work schedule- but nobody cared . It was as if I was EXPECTED to attend and got no commendation for it.

I found I was more rested and a lot less stressed after stopping attending as well or going in service. You mentioned there is a lot of self glorification of the GB and " faithful slave " at meetings these days ? Do you notice it more than say 5 years ago ? I've heard a number of posters mention this who are still attending meetings. Just wanted your opinion. Your opinion may not count at the kingdom hall- but your opinion counts for a lot on this board-believe me ! I'm glad you are feeling more relaxed and happy. Hang in there. Know you have friends who understand here. Take care.

ZIDDINA- Thanks for the bump sis. I'm glad you are enjoying the interchange of comments on this thread !I am as well ! Hope you are doin good. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• baltar447
    baltar447

Mr. Flipper, since the koolaid WT came out they're really gone out of their way to exercise control and put more emphasis on the GB as the faithfil slave's representative. It smacks of idolatry IMO.

• flipper
    flipper

BALTAR 447- Thanks for that update, appreciate it. It sounds like the GB is REALLY getting enamored with themselves to the point of idolatry as you said. I think they not only want JW's to worship THEM - I think they enjoy worshipping themselves

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

If any had missed this- thought I'd bump it once more if any wanted to comment. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is the very kind of lesson that made me go hmmm. Jesus' yoke was supposed to be kindly and light. This felt heavy, burdensome and cruel to the point of gradually extinguishing my very spirit and soul. Which of course took a huge toll on my over all health.

• flipper
    flipper

FLYINGHIGHNOW- Very true. I think this kind of information affected a lot of us in a detrimental way - physically, mentally, and emotionally. I know it did me as well. It was like NOTHING we ever did was EVER good enough for God, Jesus, the GB, elders - or even our more self righteous JW family members ! I'm glad we got out for sure when we did ! Take care , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Remember my mean, nasty sister who just helped her son into the grave? She used to write me letters in all caps telling me that if I was "WILLING TO PUT FOR THE EFFORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could go to meetings, pioneer and all that even if I had just had major surgery. I remember the first surgery I had like that, I was back at the meetings after a week. I should have been spanked.

• flipper
    flipper

FLYING HIGH NOW- I'm sorry your sister treated you so badly and burdened you with guilt. AND how she guilted her own son - now he's gone. No chance for her to get that relationship back. Be glad you are YOU FHN and not her. You are sweet and have a conscience in how to treat people humanely with kindness. Sory it took me 2 days to get back in my reply- was working all night last night. Take care, hope you are well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit