Jan. 15th WT- Go to Meetings to Fight the Blues- Eliminate other Activities

by flipper 103 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you for saying I'm sweet. I think I am about 98 % of the time.

• flipper
    flipper

FHN- You are welcome. I call it like I see it and experience it in discussion !

Wanted to bump this thread up for any who hadn't seen it or wanted to comment. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT- All comments welcome, thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• molly1
    molly1

i can so relate to all the comments. the magazines, meetings, assemblies did nothing to make you feel good about yourself they were designed to make you feel worthless, guilt ridden and fearful...this is the way they control the masses. everything was "your going to have to answer to jehovah" so if you missed an oportunity to witness you were blood guilty, if you spent time on hobbies when you could be reading the watchtower and awake you were made to feel guilty, vacations well you better have used the oportunity to give a witness , grocery shopping, riding a bus, fellow workers etc. or you were blood guilty. the three years before i left were spent in cycles of depression. i would go to the elders for help and get a temporary bandade. i was married to an unbeliever and he was so frustrated at what he could see my faith doing to my mental health. he would try and have calm reasonable discussions with me. he would show me articles that proved the watchtower was delibertly misrepesenting the facts in their publications, i was terribly torn between what i was finding out about them and my loyalty to the organization. he use to say one day the light is going to go on and you are going to see that it is not you but what you are forcing your self to believe. it happend just that way. the mountain of evidence was overwhelming that my belief system was a sham. not an easy pill to swallow. i did not have children because we did not want to bring children into a divided household, i went down to part time work and didn't put money into rrsp till my mid thirties because the end was coming. when i left i felt like a women who had left her abusive husband who made her feel worthless, controled her every thought and movement. it was like i was let out of prison. i can hardly believe i allowed this to happen to me. i feel so sorry for those still trapped in this cult and mind set. the price they pay cannot be measured. i love having my mind back to have critical thinking which is a big no no with the gb. they want you dumb down, follow the status quo don't ask questions. i have been gone for over 25 years and never been happier. i have healthy self esteem, peace of mind and a lust for learning. i have thrived since leaving. i was around when 1975 was the big year that the end was coming, it was eminent. they kept saying that those who had left might not have enough time to come back the door will soon be shut and they will be destroyed along with the worldlings like in the days of noah. when i left i got the same line, i was going to be sorry etc. as i say that was over 25 years ago and they still have the gall to say were wrong.

• flipper
    flipper

MOLLY 1 - I'm so glad that you exited the JW cult and got your freedom of mind back. Your husband was correct. Your lights DID come on one day and you really saw through the scam of the WT society. I'm sorry you dealt with elders who knew NOTHING of how to counsel you with your depression. These men are so untrained to deal with that stuff it's ridiculous. Enjoyed reading your experience of how you exited the Witnesses. Very well expressed. I'm glad you are happy and overcame the guilt and fear put within us. I've been out since 2003, and I'm happy as well. Take care

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this recent WT information up for people to see the mind control involved. All comments welcome

• Quendi
    Quendi

For my part, I can say that on the whole I enjoyed meeting attendance. But my circumstances were different from the majority of those who have posted here. I am single and have never had a spouse or children to care for. I have had jobs that had hours which allowed me to get home in plenty of time to eat a meal, shower, and change clothes so that I arrived at the Hall in good time and in a relaxed mood. I also had plenty of time to prepare for the meetings and participate in them. Reading the remarks posted here has made me realize that my circumstances were far from common.

That being said, however, I must agree that I found many meetings to be dull, uninteresting, or not geared to my tastes or life circumstances. Watchtower studies or Book Study material that talked about family issues were particularly uninteresting to me and there were many occasions when I would skip those meetings altogether.

The assemblies and conventions were always the worst. The speakers were usually competent--something I could only rarely say about the Public Talk's presenters--but I found myself snoozing through much of the program. But there is also no mistaking the fact that we seldom heard anything that was really encouraging. The emphasis was always on doing more, and experiences were relayed about how uber-Witnesses overcame any and every obstacle to having a fuller share in the field service and other organizational activities. I can remember plenty of times leaving a circuit assembly or district convention feeling worse on the last day than I did before the first one.

Well, all of that is in my rearview mirror now and I feel much better. But I have to wonder how Witnesses are coping these days. The Governing Body is tightening the vise it has placed the rank and file in with no letup or relief in sight. I have to wonder if these men are aware of the effect their demands are having on the membership. If they are aware, how much longer will they maintain the pressure before there is a backlash? And if a backlash comes, what will be their response?

• Joliette
    Joliette

They keep getting more and more passive aggressive with each watchtower article they come out with.

• flipper
    flipper

QUENDI- I feel the leaders of the WT DO know what they are doing driving JW's crazy- but they don't CARE and turn a blind eye to any JW's suffering. For what reason ? Because as Ted Jaracz said years ago- the " needs of the organization are more important than the individual needs of Witnesses. " ( Refer to the book " Crisis of conscience " by RayFranz ) I too fell asleep at meetings and assemblies due to the monotonous drain of the information and lack of speaking ability of speakers. It was torture. Glad we all got out !

JOLIETTE- I do think the WT society is turning the screws tighter of control over JW's these days. It's getting worse. Fortunately a lot of younger JW's are NOT allowing it to control them and are exiting the organization in droves. Cool

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I have two witnesses on my facebook and they are always talking about being depressed and don't know why...should we tell them?

Snoozy..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit