Brotherdan seems like he really DID leave

by sabastious 180 Replies latest jw friends

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

[[[[[[[[[[[[[DAN]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] I am so glad you came back to speak to us, so sorry you have been through a rough time, will be continuing to pray for you your wife and family,

RosePetal

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Good to hear from you, bro. Hope things are improving at home.

The reactions in this thread are more a reflection of the nature of Internet relationships than of the people behind the posts, or of yourself, Dan. I've been on a lot of different boards and done a little research on the subject. Please don't take online comments personally; they're perfectly normal and predictable (both the positive and negative ones), especially since you came off as somewhat self-righteous and wildly emotional at times.

I'm glad you have made some real life friends via this online world. Boards are great but there is really no substitute for human contact.

Take care, BroDan, and stop by here now and then even if you're not going to be a regular contributor. People here really DO care, whether you want to see that or not.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ah, the dangers of Judging...will we ever learn?

Probably not.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Dan, I am so sorry about your wife and proud of you so much on how much you are there for her. I hope you both can strengthen, endure and renew through this trialsome time.

It is sad how "trust" and giving benefit of the doubt gets so shot to smitherings when we leave the WTS. Hopefully with time we can gain some, at least some, back for our own personal sake. Many people need some support and it shouldn't hurt us so much to not give some benefit of doubt, at least supportive words. I, in my opinion, believe when one leaves cultish thinking, we "all" have a broken wing for awhile. After awhile, we mend, though we still may have a scar, but the scar becomes a badge, a tattoo, of survivorship and succeeding against so many odds.

Wishes for you to have a better this year, 2011, than the last.

• tec
    tec
    Ah, the dangers of Judging...will we ever learn?

I think we can, individually at least. Unfortunately, many of us learn by making mistakes, and feeling ashamed. Since shame is one of the worst emotions I can grasp, I think this is why some people cannot admit to making mistakes, or at least they put it off facing it until it turns around and smacks them directly in the face.

I speak from personal experience... not from a judgmental position of anyone on this board. But I agree that we need to give people the benefit of the doubt more than what we do. Otherwise we do risk hurting an innocent person, which imo is worse than looking like an idiot for being too trusting, and I even think its worse than putting ourselves at risk for being hurt - although in a sense, hurting an innocent person is hurtful to us too.

Tammy

• Think About It
    Think About It

Dan....sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she is doing better and that you guys pull through this okay.

Think About It

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am more concerned for the wife now. How is she?
    I hope your doing fine Dan & it would be great to get

the books back as soon as Possible,Try to forgive
    any who judged you.I have been on board for years

Have had lots of "screw ups" with people asking for help
    as they were broke or ill or etc. I sent much money,only
    for them to disappear from the board.

So It seems Zidd was really curious as to why she never heard

from you again.I think she was kind not to complain when it first

happened. It was only when many were praising you up to the
    hilt she felt justified in warning folks. I do hope your wife is getting
    the help she needs LOVE HER & forgive where possible

MOUTHY GRACE

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I understand Zids reaction. However, she claimed to try and contact me many times. I have never received an email or PM from her asking for the money and when/where to send it. So the claims that I was dishonest and was stealing from her is just not true. I was very grateful for her to be generous and send the books. So much has happened in the past few months that it did not even occur to me that she would be waiting for me to pay her. Like I said, we never set up any arrangements for it. I am not the type to prey on someone elses generosity. That being said, the way she turned around and attacked me and called me names sort of takes away from the warm feeling of generosity that I might have felt for her.

I understand her anger and frustration. But her response was very immature and hurtful. I know that Zid is brash like that, and it's nothing new. But it's just not cool to say someone is a dishonest, lying, sociopath when they don't really know the full situation.

It's ok though. It's nothing that I didn't experience while being a JW.

Like I said before, I am strong in my opinions and if I hurt anyone else with those opinions I am truly sorry. At the time I felt like I was condeming the godless ATTITUDE and not the actual people. But looking back, I can see how my words would be taken in a wrong way. And I am so sorry for that.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Brotherdan ... so glad to hear from you ... from you past posts I know how much your family means to you ... I hope your wife is healing and you are doing well ... best wishes

• Curtains
    Curtains

Dan take care of yourself and family. I'm so glad you have Ding as a friend from this board. He seems like a loyal friend.

Hope your wife is recovering well and that you and your children are okay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit