Generation Teaching - Everyone is speechless?

by Red Piller 443 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WTS is a corporate entity that doesn't make or utter prophecies of any kind; it prints literature and that's it.....DjEggnogg

It really doesn`t take much..

To show the Readers of JWN,your a Liar..

2epqd90Millionsnowlivingwillneverdie.jpg

You don`t seem to like the Jail Question very much..

Are you Posting on JWN,from Jail?..

http://www.toomanymornings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/man-in-jail.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    You are evidently not familiar with the world of calendars, such as the Jewish lunar calendar, which consists of 360 days, which calendar is about 11 days shorter than the Julian or Gregorian solar calendars of 365-1/2 days. Unfortunately, your unfamiliarity with the Jewish calendar could be the result of your having obtained little secular education, but Jehovah's Witnesses offer a thorough Bible educational program where such things -- like these three calendars I mention here in this post -- are introduced in our literature, which is beneficial for those who haven't completed college or even obtained a high school education.
    I am very serious; this is evidently one of those things that you never learned.

I think you may have missed how that has NOTHING to do with 1914 and 607 with are based on the gregorian claender.

Your literature is biased and is based around what YOU want it to say and NOT what IS, sorry.

607 has been disproven over and over, just visit your local Jewish research center ( in regards to how THEY date the fall of Jerusalem) or Museum ( and see the vast evidence against of what DID happen in 607BC) and see for yourself.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

@djeggnog wrote:

My reply:

The WT takes a prophecy of Nebuchadnezzar's insanity for 7 times and makes an unawarranted future application- of an account that specifically says occured to Neb. They then jump to an unrelated text of a day for a year...and apply this to the time of the handing of the turban from Zedekiah to the rightful king. A whole lot of mental gymnastics, leaps of logic and misapplications of unrelated texts. Egg in your face!

Also, there's nothing pretentious about the year 1914. Jehovah's Witnesses arrive at that date by adding the number of years represented by the "seven times" (Daniel 4:25), when the expression of God's kingdom here on earth when God's rulership was being represented here by those kings that were said to sit on Jehovah's throne went on hiatus here on the earth, to the year 607 BC. IOW, those "seven times," or 7 x 360 days amount to adding 2,520 prophetic years to 607 BC, or 1914 AD. You do not need and I do not ask you to take my word for any of this. Do the math yourself!

• TD
    TD

I'm very familiar with the Jewish calendar. It's based on a 19 year cycle with intercalary months in the 3rd, 6th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, and 19th year. Children memorize this using the pattern of black keys on a piano as a visual aid:

Prior to this system, intercalary months were added by direct observation

• PSacramento
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Kislev 5771 is the year we are in now, just in case anyone is wondering, it will change to Tevet 5771 From december to january.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

djeggnog wrote:

If you were raised to believe the Watchtower magazine was God's approved instrument of communication with mankind, then this instruction was incorrect.

The Watchtower wrote:

Christ Jesus has caused the understanding of the prophetic dramas and pictures to be made clear and set forth in the WATCTHOWER publications. -12/15/1942 WT p376

So let's review. The Watchtower magazine is NOT God's approved instrument of communication with mankind. Also, Christ Jesus causes understanding of Bible teachings to be published in the WT publications (which of course include the Watchtower magazine).

So Jesus uses the Watchtower magazine, a form of communication not approved by God, to communicate with us. This is illogical.

The Watchtower wrote:

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is the greatest corporation in the world, because from the time of its organization until now the Lord has used it as his channel through which to make known the glad tidings. -1/15/1917 WT p22

If the Society is the Lord's channel of communication, why is the Watchtower not a God-approved method of communication?

The Watchtower wrote:

It is through the columns of The Watchtower that Jehovah provides direction and constant scriptural counsel to his people. -5/1/1964 WT p277

And now Jehovah himself is communicating using the unapproved Watchtower magazine? Doesn't fit.

@djeggnog, you're openly disagreeing with the Society. I think that's great.

• wasblind
    wasblind

DJeggnogg said: "You are not a thorn [in] my ass, believe me"

Well it looks like the WatchTower is then, cause they seem to disagree with you about having the holy spirit.

Sept 15, 2010 WT Page 13 paragraph 8 States: " Similarliy today, a Governing body composed of spirit anointed christians contributes to the unity of the world wide congregation. "

DJeggnogg said:

" I don't believe you are an idiot, but in forming the conclusion that you have reached as to what Jehovah's Witnesses mean when we say that we are led by holy spirit or that we are led by God's spirit, or even that we have God's holy spirit, what you are saying is idiotic,"

you see DJ, they claim to be all of the above. it is well documented through out their literature that they claim to be led, empowered, guided, and anointed

but you say they are not. we agree with you , THEY AIN'T !!!!!!

feel free to repeat after me, Governing Body= False Prophets

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

PSacramento wrote:

Dude, seriously ?? Math, really?, in 2520 years not even ONE leap year ?? 360 days per year? based on who's calender? 607BS based on WHAT event ?? Dude...[sometimes] you post as is you don't even read any threads here or are unaware of the MANY controversies in regards to 1914.

@djeggnog wrote:

You are evidently not familiar with the world of calendars, such as the Jewish lunar calendar, which consists of 360 days, which calendar is about 11 days shorter than the Julian or Gregorian solar calendars of 365-1/4 days. Julius Caesar, after whom the Julian calendar is named, moved from reckoning the year by the lunar calendar to the solar calendar in 46 BC, then in 1582 AD, Pope Gregory XIII issued a papal bull declaring that ten days be omitted from that year, so that October 4, 1582, became October 15, 1582, and so the Gregorian calendar was born.

Unfortunately, your unfamiliarity with the Jewish calendar could be the result of your having obtained little secular education, but Jehovah's Witnesses offer a thorough Bible educational program where such things -- like these three calendars I mention here in this post -- are introduced in our literature, which is beneficial for those who haven't completed college or even obtained a high school education.

@PSacramento wrote:

I think you may have missed how that has NOTHING to do with 1914 and 607 with are based on the gregorian [calendar].

You're right. My mention of calendar had to do with your statement -- the one you evidently forgot you made here, the statement to which I was responding -- about how this 2,520 years didn't include "even ONE leap year." You said this, I didn't. This statement of yours demonstrated an ignorance on your part about calendars generally, and specifically the difference between the reckoning of days via the Jewish calendar versus the reckoning of days using the Gregorian calendar. I felt in response that I should mention the Julian calendar, since it was the first calendar that actually used the leap year, while additional days or intercalary months would have to be inserted into the Jewish calendar when necessary. I believe that had you completed high school, you would have learned about the origin of the leap year, which suggests to me that my mention of this was the very first time you had heard anything about this.

Your literature is biased and is based around what YOU want it to say and NOT what IS, sorry. 607 has been disproven over and over, just visit your local Jewish research center ( in regards to how THEY date the fall of Jerusalem) or Museum ( and see the vast evidence against of what DID happen in 607BC) and see for yourself.

I can defend the year 607 BC that Jehovah's Witnesses use in establishing when Jerusalem fell into desolation after King Nebuchadnezzar had destroyed the city and led away from it as captives those that had remained after he had appointed Gedaliah as governor in Judah after King Zedekiah, Jehoiachins uncle, had been blinded and taken away as a Babylonian captive from Judah to Babylon, after which Jerusalem and all Judah laid desolate of all Jewish inhabitants in September of 607 BC.

Now many people get this date wrong because they think (for some reason) that the Jewish prophet Jeremiah was in Babylon when Nebuchadnezzar besieged Jerusalem for the third time and dethroned Zedekiah in 608 BC, and put Gedaliah in Judah as governor before Gedaliah's assassination by Judean military chiefs, but Jeremiah had been in Egypt since Gedaliah's assassination, which was the second time Nebuchadnezzar had besieged Jerusalem in 618 BC, and took Jehoiachin, Jehoiakim's son, captive to Babylon. Nebuchadnezzar's first siege of Judah was in 620 BC when Jehoiakim was king of Judah.

I have no idea what you believe or why you believe what you do about the year 607 BC, but I believe what I do about 607 BC because of what the Bible says. I don't want to use this thread to discuss what you or others might believe as to the veracity of 607 BC since that would take us off-topic, but suffice it to say that Jehovah's Witnesses accept 607 BC as the date when Judah lay desolate of the Jewish populace that eventually all ended up in Babylon. I believe that this year -- 607 BC -- is when the prophecy regarding the 70 years of desolation began as well as when the "seven times" began to be counted, which Gentile "times" ended, some 2,520 years later, in the year 1914 AD.

@djeggnog

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I believe what I do about 607 BC because of what the Bible says.....DJEggnogg

You believe what the WBT$ says,the Bible says..LOL!!..

History doesn`t support you or the WBT$..

Does Scholar JW share a Jail Cell with you?

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit