Generation Teaching - Everyone is speechless?

by Red Piller 443 Replies latest jw friends

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@djeggnog wrote:

You are not a thorn [in] my ass, believe me.

@wasblind wrote:

Well it looks like the WatchTower is then, cause they seem to disagree with you about having the holy spirit.

Sept 15, 2010 WT Page 13 paragraph 8 States

: " Similarliy today, a Governing body composed of spirit anointed christians contributes to the unity of the world wide congregation. "

You have misconstrued what the expression "spirit anointed Christians" means. It doesn't mean what you have made it out to mean. "Spirit anointed" has to do with one's heavenly calling, with God's spirit having borne witness with the spirit of those who have been called and chosen by God and adopted by Him as sons. (Romans 8:16) However, I myself am filled with holy spirit the same as are many other Jehovah's Witnesses (else it would not be possible for a Christian to grieve it!), but this expression that you fail to comprehend for whatever reason -- being "filled with holy spirit" -- doesn't imply nor does it mean that I have or anyone else has been zapped with a portion of God's holy spirit.

This expression simply means that I have been "empowered," just to use the word you quoted in a previous post from an article you had difficulty understanding in that October 1, 2010 Watchtower you mentioned, or energized by the same "power" that was given to Jesus' early disciples back in 33 AD (Acts 1:8) based on what things I have come to learn from having studied God's word, the Bible, except that the gifts of the spirit that those early disciples were given I was not given, nor have those spirit anointed Christians to whom the September 15, 2010 Watchtower article you quoted refers, been given such spiritual gifts since those passed away, ceased, when the last of Jesus' apostles, John, died. (1 Corinthians 13:8)

@djeggnog wrote:

Put another way, @wasblind, you have twisted what you read in our literature so that our literature only says to you something that it really doesn't say at all to those that do not have the reading comprehension problem that you evidently have. What is more, you think you are right when you are not right. I don't believe you are an idiot, but in forming the conclusion that you have reached as to what Jehovah's Witnesses mean when we say that we are led by holy spirit or that we are led by God's spirit, or even that we have God's holy spirit, what you are saying is idiotic, for what we mean is that we are observing God's word in our lives and subjecting ourselves to the spiritual guidance that Jehovah provides to us in the Bible and nothing more.

Jehovah's Witnesses have never said nor would be ever say that we are zapped with God's holy spirit. Now you might say this, @wasblind, and you are certainly free to say whatever it is you want to say, but it doesn't really matter what you say since you are no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. In saying these things, you did make all of this up.

@wasblind wrote:

you see DJ, they claim to be all of the above. it is well documented through out their literature that they claim to be led, empowered, guided, and anointed but you say they are not. we agree with you , THEY AIN'T !!!!!!

feel free to repeat after me, Governing Body= False Prophets

If I could get you to provide proof of just one prediction that Jehovah's Witnesses have made -- not someone in your local congregation, for example, that might have been preaching 1975 as the year when Armageddon was going to occur, but something officially published by Jehovah's Witnesses in one of our publications -- then we could discuss whether or not Jehovah's Witnesses or the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are false prophets, but I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I am myself a prophet of God, not a false prophet, but not a prophet in the sense of someone that has the innate ability to predict future events. I'm a prophet in the sense that Jesus did give gifts in men "for ministerial work." (Ephesians 4:8, 11, 12)

When Jesus founded the Christian congregation, it was a prophetical organization with Christian prophets that would preach God's word and prophesy about God's kingdom to anyone that would listen, and those that took a different message to folks were called false prophets in that what things they preached were not things that God's word stated. The point I wish to make in this post, @wasblind, is this: Neither Jehovah's Witnesses nor the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are false prophets, but you are free to believe what you wish. In fact, I have no doubt that you will believe exactly what you wish to believe.

If you should speak contrary to what God's word says, you would thereby be identifying yourself as a false prophet. I have observed another problem about you though: I believe you have a reading comprehension problem.

@djeggnog

• TD
    TD

360 day years do not correspond to either Lunar, Solar, Jewish, Roman, Julian, Gregorian or the Hijri calendaring systems.

A lunar month is not 30 days. That's popular misconception.

The orbital period of the moon is 27.321582 days. The movement of the Earth during that time adds about 2.2 additional days to a syzygial period making a synodic month 29.530589 days in length (29 days, 12 hours 44 minutes 2.8 seconds)

Pure Lunar and Lunisolar calendars both compensate by alternating between 29 and 30 day months ("Hollow" and "Full" months) so that each month begins with a new moon.

• wasblind
    wasblind

DJ said: " but I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I am myself a prophet of God,"

Hey DJ, if you have ever taught any of their old light while you claim to be a prophet of God, and what you taught didn't come true, that makes you a false prophet.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

but I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I am myself a prophet of God.....DjEggnog

Your a Prophet of God?..

LOL!!..

Your a Frigg`n Looney-Tune..

Who won`t answer my Jail Question..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Your a Prophet of God?..

His god must be mentally disabled.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your a Prophet of God?..
    His god must be mentally disabled.....NVL

Could there be an Un-Intelligent Supreme Being?..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey DJ, are you in Jail????

If you are that's ok, just take care of yourself in there and please don't drop the soap ok ????

you don't wan't nobody bangin' on you like an angry God.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

After years of hanging out on JW debate forums, I've noticed an interesting commonality among the WT apologists who are most willing to delve into the minutae of WT teachings; namely, they all at some point admit that the WT is currently wrong about certain things, and that they themselves disagree with the WT on certain issues.

Considering that the Watchtower has made clear that even disagreeing in thought with WT leadership is grounds for expulsion, one must wonder how such apologists feel about their own hypocrisy.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Djeggnog is a prime example of a disingenuous liar who's out to support a bigger corporate liar known as the Watchtower Society.

This all comes about by the pressing drive to self identify themselves as god's only solemnly guided earthly organization.

This is how they openly sell themselves toward the public and coerce people to join their organization.

It is truly is a false pyramid of power and corruption, conducting itself as a religious publishing house.

Its an organization of exploitation and coercion built upon blatant misinformation packaged up as true spiritual food from god's

own holy spirit.

What "prophecy" do you mean? The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is, as you point out, a publishing company, one that is staffed by Jehovah's Witnesses, and serves as the means by which the Bible-based literature and other materials that Jehovah's Witnesses use in their ministry is printed. The WTS is a corporate entity that doesn't make or utter prophecies of any kind; it prints literature and that's it. Jehovah's Witnesses do not make up dates to heighten interest in our literature. As far as I know, the Bible itself remains the world's best selling book, so if the plan was to use our literature to point out to the world the significance of the year 1914 to us, I'd say that that "plan" was an ill-conceived one and has utterly failed.

Also, there's nothing pretentious about the year 1914. Jehovah's Witnesses arrive at that date by adding the number of years represented by the "seven times" (Daniel 4:25), when the expression of God's kingdom here on earth when God's rulership was being represented here by those kings that were said to sit on Jehovah's throne went on hiatus here on the earth, to the year 607 BC. IOW, those "seven times," or 7 x 360 days amount to adding 2,520 prophetic years to 607 BC, or 1914 AD. You do not need and I do not ask you to take my word for any of this. Do the math yourself!

The WTS has always tried to create a kingdom (god's) of their own with all the pretentious attaching power by using divisive lies

and misinformation exploited by the basic public's belief in the bible. It seems though whenever they get caught in their postulating lies

they say well we didn't have clear understanding and a new and clearer light has now been embraced.

Nevertheless the obtained power and control over millions of people's lives remains, the power heads (GB) have the responsibility to keep

the wheels of corruption running, the same coercive tactics to cull followers are still being used to maintain the power and keep

the printing presses running and the money flowing in.

Thats how this religion works folks, on the outside there is an pretentious image created to make it appear solemnly honest and truthful,

something different from other Christian based faiths, unfortunately when you examine things at the core and heart of this organization you see

disingenuous corruption by design.

Freedom of religion in America ..........Amen

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A well spoken comment from poster Greendawn ......

Setting dates about the end aims to keep their members under the impression that it is imminent which makes them need the organization

since it is as they (falsely) believe the means to survive the coming divine anger. So it keeps the followers in which means continuing financial benefits

since they provide not just cheap but free labour plus a fair amount of donations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit