Generation Teaching - Everyone is speechless?

by Red Piller 443 Replies latest jw friends

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Maybe the effect of this change is bigger than realized? in 1995, it was discussed (positively) by everybody, during the week we studied the WT. One elder stepped down and was looked down upon. He fits the profile of fader.

The (2003?) Annointed version also created postive discussions which I heard or became part of.

For this change I have had only one person in the hall talking about it to me. (Ironically, the one person who discussed it with me was upset at the way it was explained by a talk. Actually, the talk stayed to script and explained the current teaching.)

I have not heard or overhead any conversations besides that one time. No buzz at all - like the other 2 times.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I tried asking my JW Mom about it, and she didn't care. It was whatever the WT says........Absolutely no reasoning with her....(even of it is from the scriptures)

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

why are you a red piller? the blue wasn good enough?

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

the minds of most are (dahh)

I love to watch people including our bros and sis's and manny the bodies but not the minds it seems. I like it when I would be an attendent in the back of the hall and watch the family with early teens. Most not looking up scriptures, not paying attention. Now yes if that is my child and at that time under my authority U will pay attention cause im watching. of course to an extent u cant force, but u can crack the whip to an extent. Later the parents that dont even look at thier kids at the right time during meetings and sertain talks to see if thier paying attention, care, like it , not like it. then they wonder why my kids dont except the so called truth. Now dont get me wrong I'd feel this way with all things in life that would involve my offspring. My point is strong

the minds of most are (dahh)

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Love doctor, I tried reading your post, but it seems to be a non-sequitor. What are you trying to say? Your point may be strong, but I missed it.

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

it has to due with reason why generation change did not have much effect and an example of jw (da) maybe no i know i cant spell--

• moshe
    moshe

The appeal of the WT religion was in it's attempt to eliminate some of the paradoxes of the Bible with their unique "logical" truth. Now the JWs are feeling discombobulated with all these illogical changes- I don't even think the brothers bother to call this generation change, "new light".

• Quentin
    Quentin

Wasen't around in '95 what was the change?

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

I'd be willing to bet a lot of them don't even know it has been changed.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My Dad hasn't said boo. I think he's stuck with the pre 1995 lite. I'll ask him after he's given me a king list.

My wife, who is a stickler for good grammar, hasn't said a word since our initial discussion. She's still banging on doors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit