Generation Teaching - Everyone is speechless?

by Red Piller 443 Replies latest jw friends

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

wasblind- Lest I be accused of spreading apostate lies, I should probably note that I made that second cover as a parody. Teehehe!

• sabastious
    sabastious

I'm so glad we have DJ around to tell us how utterly clueless we are to "real" Watchtower theology.

His tone is so pretentious. He speaks as if he is describing some simple truth to people who just can't wrap their head around it.

Here's to denial and delusional thinking...

...may they always be the security blanket that no one can take from us.

-Sab

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@PSacramento:

Kislev 5771 is the year we are in now, just in case anyone is wondering, it will change to Tevet 5771 From december to january

No, it isn't. The year in which we are right now is 2010; the year as reckoned on the Hebrew (Jewish) calendar is 5771. The month in which we are right now, on the other hand, is Kislev. As a matter of fact, if today is November 19, 2010, then as reckoned on the Hebrew calendar, today would also be called Kislev 12, 5771. Most of the lunar months on the Hebrew calendar are 30-day months; Kislev is one of them and runs from November 8-December 7 on the US calendar (the Gregorian calendar). As far as what you appear to be saying here about the month the follows Kislev, that month is called Tebet, not "Tevet," which is one of the few 29-day months on the Hebrew calendar. Tebet 24, 5771, corresponds to December 31, 2010, and Tebet 25, 5771, to January 1, 2011.

Now part of what I write in this post, @PSacramento, is really directed to @TD, who posted a couple of messages, which may not have been motivated by a desire on this part to contradict something I said here, so the rest of this post is primarily directed to @TD. I checked a few of my recent posts and found one containing something with which he might have bring disputing: In referring to the Hebrew calendar, I wrote that "the Jewish lunar calendar ... consists of 360 days," and with respect to the "seven times" (Daniel 4:25), I mentioned how by adding "7 x 360 days" or "2,520 prophetic years," to the year 607 BC, we arrive at the year 1914 AD.

@TD:

I'm very familiar with the Jewish calendar.

So, and...?

It's based on a 19 year cycle with intercalary months in the 3rd, 6th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, and 19th year.

Yes, the Metonic cycle, and...?

Prior to this system, intercalary months were added by direct observation

Ok. Makes sense. I'm sure there were no pianos in the Sinai Peninsula when the Hebrews left Egypt and became a nation back in the year 1513 BC. I failed to understand the significance of your mentioning any of this though. I notice that there is a subsequent post from you though.

360 day years do not correspond to either Lunar, Solar, Jewish, Roman, Julian, Gregorian or the Hijri calendaring systems.

What makes you mention the Islamic Hijri calendar? You point out that there are no "Jewish, Roman, Julian, Gregorian or ... Hijri" calendars that correspond to a 360-day year, but isn't it true, @TD, that when someone refers to a 360-day lunar year, that each month averages 30 days? When I read something like this --

The orbital period of the moon is 27.321582 days. The movement of the Earth during that time adds about 2.2 additional days to a syzygial period making a synodic month 29.530589 days in length (29 days, 12 hours 44 minutes 2.8 seconds)

-- I infer that you wish to argue that technically no month in any calendaring system is exactly 30 days in length. Is that it? Do you intend to be intentionally argumentative as to why one can reckon the months in a lunar year on the Hebrew calendar as consisting of 30 days? I'm just asking, because this seems off topic and a ridiculous thing for you to be doing.

@TD also wrote:

A lunar month is not 30 days. That's popular misconception.

Is there a point that you wanted to make here that has anything to do with the subject of this particular thread, @TD?

Tishri 5711, Month #1 of the secular year, consists of 30 days, and runs from September 9-October 8, 2010. Tishri 5712 also consists of 30 days, and runs from September 29-October 28, 2011. However, while Heshvan 5711, Month #2 of the secular year, consists of 30 days, and runs from October 9-November 7, 2010, but Heshvan 5712 consists of only 29 days, and runs from October 29-November 26, 2011. Except for Heshvan, there are five months that are 29-day months: Tebet #4; Adar #6; Iyar #8; Tammuz #10; and Elul #12.

Now Adar 5711, ran from February 15-March 15, 2010, and is typically a 29-day month, but Adar 5712 becomes Adar I, running from February 5-March 6, 2011, an intercalary month of 30 days, and Adar II, running from March 7-April 4, 2011, a 29-day month. With all of this data in mind, here's what we essentially have:

Jewish Year 5770 (2009-2010)

385-day year

(29*5) + (30*8) / 12 = 32.08

Jewish Year 5771 (2010-2011)

384-day year

(29*5) + (30*7) / 12 = 29.42

Jewish Year 5772 (2011-2012)

354-day year

(29*6) + (30*6) / 12 = 29.5

32.08 + 29.42 + 29.5 = 30.33 avg.

Tell me this, @TD, in view of the above 30.33 average over the three Jewish years, 5770-5772, since the Jewish calendar is a lunar calendaring system based on the new moon, why would you say that "a lunar month is not 30 days" when a lunar month has always been reckoned as being 30 days in length? This may be a "popular misconception" with you, but not with the rest of the world, especially the Jewish world. If you joined this thread to be deliberately argumentative, I'll need to remember this so that I do not feel compelled to ask you why it is you determined to post such a message.

@djeggnog

• Listener
    Listener

I think you may be right Gary 1914. DJ cannot manage his own level of intelligence with any real sanity. He goes off on tangents that make sense only to him.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Fadeout said: "wasblind- Lest I be accused of spreading apostate lies, I should probably note that I made that second cover as a parody. Teehehe!"

Hey fadeout, you mean you got me all psyched up for nothin'!!!!!!

great artwork though

• Awen
    Awen

Entirely my own opinion here:

Since 1914 has been debunked as the date in which Christ returned, then the "generation" that Jesus mentions would seem to apply to those ones who see the return of Jesus (whenever it eventually occurs) and who would live on until the start of the Great Tribulation. The generation would include all persons, anointed, other sheep and everyone else on the planet who are witness to these occurrences, much like the generation that is mentioned regrading Joseph and his brothers by the original poster. It does no good to try to set dates as the Bible clearly states no one would know the day and the hour in which our Lord is coming, not to mention that Jesus said it would come "as a thief in the night", also putting forth the argument that it would be a complete surpirise to everyone, just as the flood in Noah's day was. But like Noah, his followers would recognize it when it occurred.

Just my opinion.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! the length of this thread is a little scary...................................

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Taking bets on whether or not this thread will last longer than the current "generation" teaching.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

EggNogg..

You won`t win a debate with TD..

TD is Educated..And.......Your Retarted..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

This date can be calculated based on just what one reads in the Bible if one is also cognizant of historical events that occurred in history

(such as when Babylon fell to the Medes and Persians).

There is nothing that Jehovah's Witnesses "orchestrated" in determining that by the year 1975, mankind has been on earth for 6,000 years.

A very caustic and deliberate lie orchestrated by the GREAT LIARS of BROOKLYN !

It's logicaly impossible to use the bible alone in calculating this extensive dating equation.

Ask any bible theologian well-studied in the bible's dating chronology and he or she will state that's quite impossible, no less to

make a calculation right to a discerning month (September) like the WTS. did.

One of the proficient lies created and designed by the WTS. to press the notion that mankind was living in the time of the end.

Lies have done much for the WTS in propagating their literature and creating a sense of power for the organization's leaders.

God's Kingdom on earth has become their kingdom on earth, with all the pertaining power intact and unfortunately creating lying

Watchtower drones like djeggnog. It takes REAL deliberate corruption to reach this level of power and money.

isn't that right, Oh wholesome and righteously benevolent djeggnog ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit