Generation Teaching - Everyone is speechless?

by Red Piller 443 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Jehovah's Witnesses do not predict"

"when a prophecy will be fulfilled".....DjEggnogg

1975bwq8.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Jehovah's Witnesses do not predict"

"when a prophecy will be fulfilled".....DjEggnogg

2epqd90Millionsnowlivingwillneverdie.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe

We're sorry Mr Eggnog, we can't do brain transplants here

-- you're getting an enema from us instead.

• jgnat
    jgnat

TD, your careful and passionate math lesson sings. About refuting arguments, I came across a pithy quote in a recent copy of the "Scientific American (November 2010)", "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchins.

I agree that active Witnesses are notably silent regarding the new generation doctrine. I think they are embarrassed by it, don't like it, understand it, or deep-down believe it. The hope of the entire boomer generation for a swiftly arriving armageddon is dashed.

• moshe
    moshe
    I think they are embarrassed by it, don't like it, understand it, or deep-down believe it.

I suspect they wanted it! The JWs were getting very close to having to admit their entire 1914 generation dogma was- gasp - FALSE!

They couldn't stomach that option- having to admit to the world they wasted their entire lives following the flawed chronologies of their crackpot WT leaders.

No, that option is off the table (and not a minute too soon) and buried now for another 20-30 years. The JWs can continue on with their pathetic and wasted lives just like nothing has changed.

• designs
    designs

jgnat- Its that sickening feeling you've been had. The 1995 Watchtower had everyone so upset, we knew the implications- Buy Time at all Costs.

End Times Religions all run out of.......Time, sooner or later.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    You say "exactly," but I don't see exact agreement in what you are saying here with what @TD and I have both said with regard to the Hebrew calendar being "a lunisolar calendaring system based on both the new moon and the equinoxes...." You are saying something quite different here, but perhaps you, too, seek to be deliberately argumentative with me, which is fine with me, except I'd like to point out to you that you are also being as argumentative with respect to what @TD's point was in this thread as well, for we both happen to agree on the Jewish calendar's being "a lunisolar calendaring system," @Leolaia. I have no idea where you are going with any of this.

As I already stated in my last post, you are erroneously applying the count of 360 days to the Jewish lunisolar calendar (consisting of twelve months totalling 354 days, sometimes intercalated with an additional month to align the lunar cycle with the astronomical length of the year) when this is really a feature of the Jewish sabbatical schematic calendar which consists of twelve months totalling 360 days. This was based on the Egyptian civil calendar which had twelve months each consisting of 30 days, with an intercalary segment of five epagomenal days at the end of the year to complete a year of 365 days. The Jewish sabbatical calendar recognized only four epagomenal days and interspersed them throughout the year as the markers of the seasons (the equinoxes and solstices); they were originally not reckoned as belonging to the months. This calendar had no intercalary month (Adar II) and may not have even intercalated the leftover day (which could have been done in a sabbatical year or a Jubilee year, but there is no clear evidence of this).

• jgnat
    jgnat

Moshe, I think the WT leadership needed the doctrinal change, but I am not convinced the "solution" is a satisfactory answer to the majority of believers. It is too wishy-washy and open. The hoped-for paradise is now hopelessly extended in the future. Convenient for leadership, but horribly deflating for the average believer.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Why does DJEggnog remind me of Price Humperdinck?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    nobody knows on what day Jesus is coming. (Matthew 24:36, 42)

Ok, so no one can predict the DAY he is coming, but you certainly can predict the times that precede his coming, and of course Witnesses do, of which they are completely wrong about.

We are as close to Jesus' coming as the people of 500 AD were, if he comes AT ALL. Your false prophecy is not about 1914, it's that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's sole Organization in the end times.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit