Generation Teaching - Everyone is speechless?

by Red Piller 443 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Not only is this guy arrogantly dishonest, he's also a grand liar.

Here's your proof that the WTS leaders were saying at the Assemblies before 1975.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXbBVVoeEQ&feature=related

• wasblind
    wasblind

DJeggnogg said: " God's holy spirit speaks through His inspired word and often it is in hindsight that we come to realize when it is that we have misunderstood what the holy spirit says "

Yes DJ, I agree, It is often ,because the history of the WTS shows the constant misunderstandings of the inspired words of the Bible

2 Timothy 3:7 states: "always learning and yet, never able to come to an accurate knowledge of the truth."

HEY DJ, THAT'S THE HOLY SPIRIT TALKIN' TO YA IN THAT SCRIPTURE, AND AN IMPERFECT MAN WAS USED , AND GUEST WHAT ??? HE UNDERSTOOD THE MESSAGE THE FIRST TIME AROUND.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Djeggnog says -

Jehovah's Witnesses never took a firm position as to 1975 beyond proclaiming it to be the year that marked 6,000 years of mankind's creation (from 4026 BC). While you are free to believe what you want, free to think 1975 to have been "a great sales tool," the 6,000th year of mankind's existence is officially all that 1975 represented to us and nothing more.

The WTS orchestrated this lie about 6000 years from the existence of Adam, for it is impossible to accurately calculate this date from

the bible itself or any other dependable chronological dating system. They even went as far to make it sound like they were acutely accurate

by stating the month September. ( wasn't lying a sin )

This is what happens to people who've spent year after year believing into the WTS self-supporting BS propaganda, they typically nullify

their critical thinking skills and replace it with intellectual dishonesty as a platform in their rational investigations.

djeggnog refuses to accept that he's been involved and supportive of a profiteering ($) false prophesying scam instigated by common

disingenuous religious charlatans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaXbBVVoeEQ

• wasblind
    wasblind

DJeggnogg said:

" I don't believe you are an idiot, but in forming the conclusion that you have reached as to what Jehovah's Witnesses mean when we say that we are led by holy spirit or that we are led by God's spirit, or even that we have God's holy spirit, what you are saying is idiotic,"

Hate to be a thorn in your ass DJ, scratch that, I do like being a thorn in your ass

But the WTS disagrees with you. On page 31 in the October 1, 2010 WT it states: " Hence, this international preaching work would continue to be an identifying mark of those who are truly empowered by holy spirit. What do you think ? with what group of people do you find evidence of holy spirit today?

Do you need a clue ? want to buy a vowel ? Can you give me the answer in the form of a question ? oh, you don't watch jeopardy or wheel of fortune do ya.

• wasblind
    wasblind

DJeggnogg said: " You said that in this issue of the Watchtower (from which I just quoted) that "the WTS claims to be empowered by Holy Spirit," which this article clearly does not do,"

I will repeat the qoute from the October 1, 2010 WT on page 31 it states: " Hence, this international preaching work would continue to be an identifying mark of those who are truly empowered by holy spirit."

DJ, they are talking about the Jehovah's Witnesses in this article, just in case you don't know, they are the ones doin' the international preaching work

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is no such thing as a rank and file among Jehovah's Witnesses;.....DJEggNog

BullShit..LOL!!..

There are "Rank and File" JW`s..

I can`t be bothered with the rest of your Long Winded,Goofy Post..

You haven`t answered if your Posting from Jail or not..

Are you Posting on JWN from Jail?..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious

Welcome itsacult!

-Sab

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@thetrueone wrote:

The entire generation who saw the signs beginning in 1914 have all but passed away now. So what did the WTS. do to make them appear truthful and spiritually guided they added an (s) to Jesus's own words.

@djeggnog wrote:

When did the WTS do this? When did Jehovah's Witnesses ever add an "s" to anything that Jesus stated at Matthew 24:34? Your post makes no real sense, because you are essentially posting a gripe about an adjustment that was made that you don't yet comprehend. The generation of the sign has not "all but passed away now." What don't you get about that? Jehovah's Witnesses now know that their previous understanding with respect to what Jesus meant by the words, "this generation," at Matthew 24:34 referred not to people that were alive in the year 1914, but to the generation of the sign of Jesus' presence, to the period when the sign began, which period, or generation, will come to an end at Armageddon, which is the climax of the conclusion of this system of things.

@thetrueone wrote:

Eggnog's logic is this - see I'm still living, I'm witnessing the signs and I haven't passed away.

Actually, what you are saying here is your spin on what I have said here, so what you would characterize here as being 'my logic' is in reality your failure or inability to comprehend what it is I've stated in this thread regarding what Jehovah's Witnesses now understand to be what Jesus meant by "this generation" at Matthew 24:34, and Jehovah's Witnesses are waiting in expectation for this generation of the sign to end, as they are putting their confidence in Jesus' subsequent words at Matthew 24:35 regarding this generation of the sign of Jesus' presence by no means passing away until all the things he foretold would occur during his invisible presence occurred: "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away."

You are continuing to interpret Jesus' reference to "this generation" at Matthew 24:34 as being a reference to the lives of the people that were living in 1914, in the past, Jehovah's Witnesses had mistakenly thought that when Jesus used the word "generation," he was talking about the lifetime of people. The purpose of the article "Holy Spirit's Role in the Outworking of Jehovah's Purpose" [w10 4/15, p. 10, ¶14], was to make it clear to all Jehovah's Witnesses that Jesus was not talking about the lifetime of people, which is what we once believed Jesus meant by "generation."

The effect of this article was to inform Jehovah's Witnesses that Jesus was talking about the period during which the sign of his presence would occur. Jesus was saying about the unknown span of years, this period of the sign of Jesus' presence that began in 1914, that it would not pass away until all the things about which he spoke occurred. IOW, everything that he said would occur before the conclusion of the system of things was going to occur before "this generation" would come to an end, that is to say, was going to occur before the period of the sign of his presence culminated in Armageddon. Jesus emphasizes the certainty with which the things that are destined to occur in our day during the generation when the sign of his presence would be occurring, and how we would not be able to calculate the day of his coming at Matthew 24:34-36, 42:

Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away. Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. You do not know on what day your Lord is coming.

In the article, "Christ's Presence-What Does it Mean to You?" [w08 2/15, p. 24, ¶15], the anointed brothers of Jesus Christ were described as a "modern-day 'generation' of contemporaries that will not pass away," but in the article, "Holy Spirit's Role in the Outworking of Jehovah's Purpose" [w10 4/15, p. 10, ¶14], the point is made that Jesus was not referring to this "modern-day 'generation' of contemporaries," but to the generation of the sign of his presence in saying about "this generation" that it would "by no means pass away" without all of the things that he had foretold taking place first.

Put another way, Jesus was using the word "generation" at Matthew 24;34 in the same way that we today might refer to the generation of the baby boomers, saying that all of the things that he foretold would occur during the "Baby Boomer generation," which "generation" would be the span of years between 1944 and 1964, except, in Jesus' case, he was referring to the span of years that began in the year 1914 and would end at Armageddon.

Jesus was the master of hyperbole and would often use hyperbole to make a point. In pointing out the hypocrisy of someone imperfect being unduly critical of someone else that is also as imperfect as he or she, Jesus would say things like 'Why would you think yourself qualified to be extracting the straw from your brother's eye when you yourself have a rafter in your eye? Why don't you first extract that log from your eye so that you will be able to more clearly extract that straw in your brother's eye? I mean with something so huge in your eye, it could obscure your vision and potentially result in your causing your brother loss of his sight in that eye.' (Matthew 7:3-5)

For example, we know from the Bible that neither the heavens or the earth will pass away, and, of course, Jesus would know this, but this fact didn't prevent him from using the impossibility of heaven and earth being destroyed to make the point at Matthew 24:34 that even if the impossible would to occur (like the destruction of heaven and earth!), you had better believe that the things about which I am warning you people are destined to occur during this generation will, in fact, occur.

At Matthew 24:34, Jehovah's Witnesses mistakenly thought by Jesus' use of the word "generation" that he was there talking about the lifetime of people. He wasn't. We knew that Jesus was using hyperbole in this verse, but now we know that he did so here to emphasize the point that the end of "this generation," which generation began in 1914 with the sign of Jesus' invisible presence, would not occur without the things he stated would be occurring during this generation taking place. Accordingly, his anointed brothers, who would discern the sign of his invisible presence, would be living contemporaneous to this generation of the sign of his presence from 1914 when the generation began to Armageddon when the generation ended, which so far has spanned some 96 years.

OK Eggnog lets play it your way, now here's a question for you. What happens when all of the generations have passed away within a [possible] human life span of lets say 110 years takes place ?

I don't want to "play"'; I'm being serious about this. You can go "play" with someone else.

Are you going to concede that the WTS. prophecy regarding 1914 forward was fictitiously false, nothing but a pretentiously made up date to heighten interest to the publishing corporation's literature ? We'll expect you'll hold to the truth in this matter.

What "prophecy" do you mean? The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is, as you point out, a publishing company, one that is staffed by Jehovah's Witnesses, and serves as the means by which the Bible-based literature and other materials that Jehovah's Witnesses use in their ministry is printed. The WTS is a corporate entity that doesn't make or utter prophecies of any kind; it prints literature and that's it. Jehovah's Witnesses do not make up dates to heighten interest in our literature. As far as I know, the Bible itself remains the world's best selling book, so if the plan was to use our literature to point out to the world the significance of the year 1914 to us, I'd say that that "plan" was an ill-conceived one and has utterly failed.

Also, there's nothing pretentious about the year 1914. Jehovah's Witnesses arrive at that date by adding the number of years represented by the "seven times" (Daniel 4:25), when the expression of God's kingdom here on earth when God's rulership was being represented here by those kings that were said to sit on Jehovah's throne went on hiatus here on the earth, to the year 607 BC. IOW, those "seven times," or 7 x 360 days amount to adding 2,520 prophetic years to 607 BC, or 1914 AD. You do not need and I do not ask you to take my word for any of this. Do the math yourself!

@free2beme wrote:

However, I never ask and I have not been in a Kingdom Hall for a meeting since 1997. I would be willing to say that a lot has changed. It was a great sales tool though, much like 1975. Of course, that never happened either and Jehovah's Witnesses never cared about it.

@djeggnog wrote:

You have heard and are spreading a rumor. Jehovah's Witnesses officially made no predictions about 1975 in our literature, and although some among us became so enthusiastic in 1970, or some five years before 1975, there is absolutely no one that can produce a single shred of evidence that Jehovah's Witnesses ever took a firm position as to 1975 beyond proclaiming it to be the year that marked 6,000 years of mankind's creation (from 4026 BC). While you are free to believe what you want, free to think 1975 to have been "a great sales tool," the 6,000th year of mankind's existence is officially all that 1975 represented to us and nothing more.

@thetrueone wrote:

The WTS orchestrated this lie about 6000 years from the existence of Adam, for it is impossible to accurately calculate this date from the bible itself or any other dependable chronological dating system.

This date can be calculated based on just what one reads in the Bible if one is also cognizant of historical events that occurred in history (such as when Babylon fell to the Medes and Persians). There is nothing that Jehovah's Witnesses "orchestrated" in determining that by the year 1975, mankind has been on earth for 6,000 years.

@wasblind wrote:

In the October 1, 2010 watchtower on page 31, the WTS claims to be empowered by Holy Spirit.

@djeggnog wrote:

You said that in this issue of the Watchtower (from which I just quoted) that "the WTS claims to be empowered by Holy Spirit," which this article clearly does not do, but, instead, asks that you decide for yourself whether Jehovah's Witnesses is that group of people manifesting the fruitage of love and peace toward others, refusing to kill their neighbor, avoiding the works of the flesh nor allowing such works, that can lead to broken homes, abhorrent diseases and even death, to be practiced among themselves, while preaching God's Kingdom as the only hope for mankind. producing the truly have God's backing.

@wasblind wrote:

Hate to be a thorn in your ass DJ, scratch that, I do like being a thorn in your ass

But the WTS disagrees with you. On page 31 in the October 1, 2010 WT it states: " Hence, this international preaching work would continue to be an identifying mark of those who are truly empowered by holy spirit. What do you think ? with what group of people do you find evidence of holy spirit today?

I will repeat the [quote] from the October 1, 2010 WT on page 31 it states: " Hence, this international preaching work would continue to be an identifying mark of those who are truly empowered by holy spirit."

I want to point out to you that what I had said in context was that I was referring to Jehovah's Witnesses being empowered by God's holy spirit supernaturally. I unintentionally omitted the word "supernaturally" in what you quoted, but, in the very next paragraph, the word is included:

The people that manifest the fruitage of God's spirit, those whose lifestyle indicates that they truly have God's backing are Jehovah's Witnesses. So you did make this up what you said about Jehovah's Witnesses believing and/or teaching others that God's holy spirit operates upon them or that they are empowered by God's holy spirit supernaturally. This is really a case of your reading what they wish into our literature.

You are not a thorn my ass, believe me.

@djeggnog

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Also, there's nothing pretentious about the year 1914. Jehovah's Witnesses arrive at that date by adding the number of years represented by the "seven times" (Daniel 4:25), when the expression of God's kingdom here on earth when God's rulership was being represented here by those kings that were said to sit on Jehovah's throne went on hiatus here on the earth, to the year 607 BC. IOW, those "seven times," or 7 x 360 days amount to adding 2,520 prophetic years to 607 BC, or 1914 AD. You do not need and I do not ask you to take my word for any of this. Do the math yourself!

Dude, seriously ??

Math, really?, in 2520 years not even ONE leap year ??

360 days per year? based on who's calender? 607BS based on WHAT event ??

Dude...sometime you post as is you don't even read any threads here or are unaware of the MANY controversies in regards to 1914.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@wasblind wrote:

I will repeat the [quote] from the October 1, 2010 WT on page 31 it states: " Hence, this international preaching work would continue to be an identifying mark of those who are truly empowered by holy spirit."

I want to point out to you that what I had said in context was that I was referring to Jehovah's Witnesses being empowered by God's holy spirit supernaturally. I unintentionally omitted the word "supernaturally" in what you quoted, but, in the very next paragraph, the word is included:

The people that manifest the fruitage of God's spirit, those whose lifestyle indicates that they truly have God's backing are Jehovah's Witnesses. So you did make this up what you said about Jehovah's Witnesses believing and/or teaching others that God's holy spirit operates upon them or that they are empowered by God's holy spirit supernaturally. This is really a case of your reading what [you] wish into our literature.

You are not a thorn [in] my ass, believe me.

@djeggnog wrote:

PSacramento wrote:

Dude, seriously ?? Math, really?, in 2520 years not even ONE leap year ?? 360 days per year? based on who's calender? 607BS based on WHAT event ?? Dude...sometime you post as is you don't even read any threads here or are unaware of the MANY controversies in regards to 1914.

You are evidently not familiar with the world of calendars, such as the Jewish lunar calendar, which consists of 360 days, which calendar is about 11 days shorter than the Julian or Gregorian solar calendars of 365-1/4 days. Julius Caesar, after whom the Julian calendar is named, moved from reckoning the year by the lunar calendar to the solar calendar in 46 BC, then in 1582 AD, Pope Gregory XIII issued a papal bull declaring that ten days be omitted from that year, so that October 4, 1582, became October 15, 1582, and so the Gregorian calendar was born.

Unfortunately, your unfamiliarity with the Jewish calendar could be the result of your having obtained little secular education, but Jehovah's Witnesses offer a thorough Bible educational program where such things -- like these three calendars I mention here in this post -- are introduced in our literature, which is beneficial for those who haven't completed college or even obtained a high school education.

I am very serious; this is evidently one of those things that you never learned.

@djeggnog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit