Are some of you scared?

by BlackTwisted 103 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

When you leave a cult after many years in even though you learn that its BS and a scam, you still have a nag in the back of your head for years. It takes time to get past it. After being out for 20 plus years I don't worry about the end of the world coming from a god.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Funnily enough my reaction wasn’t fear when I thought about our “Armageddon“, I actually shed tears of sadness.

I saw Sir David Attenborough’s “Witness Statement” regarding global warming and the loss of habitat for our fellow creatures, the extinctions of such animals as the white Rhino....all during my own lifetime.

Its very, very sad.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This subject comes up occasionally... it's a variant of the inevitable "what if they're right?" moment virtually all WTexiters go through.

I'll say now what I always say...

...the WTS has stated quite plainly that they fully intend to - for all intents and purposes - function as the world's government in their post-apocalyptic utopia (with the Warwick compound acting as the de facto planetary capital, no less). Seriously.

Now, imagine the Org being given control of a small country tomorrow.

I guarantee you that within a decade, democracy, free speech, and freedom of religion would be nonexistent, "foreign" entertainment would be banned, any form of alternative sexual expression - even between straight married couples - would be outlawed, advances in science, medicine, and the arts would grind to a halt, creationism would be mandated in schools, disfellowshipped individuals would be imprisoned or deported, and "apostates" would be sentenced to death without possibility of appeal or reprieve.

Anyone who denies this is either naive or a fucking liar, IMO.

Now, imagine a regime like that encompassing the entire planet.

Forever.

Frankly, that prospect scares me way more than "Armageddon".

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

If any exJW is worried about the Big A they have problems.

In that they have not researched and secured in their mind the JW's are talking crap.

I'm free of the Big A fear because I understand and can prove that the JW's are not right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit