Are some of you scared?

by BlackTwisted 103 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    Ciro is a whack job...... Who wants to be in a Paradise with a nut job like him?

Is that old bastard still alive?

V665V665

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

TD, yeah and notice the strange 1950's detective with an overcoat and what looks like a .38 special?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Also notice the chick with the "headcovering"...hmm....she must not have been wearing it when teaching in front of a baptized brother, and then armageddon came and she quickly put it on. Too late. So sad for her...

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

JW's have a very pessimistic view of now. They fear the whole world, everything in it is controlled by Satan. So how do you cope living in a world like that? You look forward to the future, when the world's done away with and everything's perfect. But the world's not like that. People are generally good and want the same things any of us do. And think of the amazing things we've accomplished in the last century. I just can't look at the world and think it's evil and hope for it's imminent destruction anymore. And I have trouble believing a loving God would do that either.

• TD
  • Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Brother Dan's pic looks like a scene from "Dawn of the Living Dead".

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

JW's really know how to throw the "fear" game around to scare everyone. Just to keep them coming back to the meetings. Growing up I never really believed in Armegedon. To me it just sounded like a made up thing the JW's did to keep all of us scared s#!&less. I can't live in fear anymore.

I believe that something terrible will happen, but it will be man made. The terrorist are nuts and anything could happen.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

The best evidence that the WTs claim that "Armageddon is just around the corner" is a lie can be summed with three facts.

1. Since 1879 Armageddon has been "just around the corner."Russell taught 1914. Rutherford predicted 1925 and 1941-42. Freddie Franz predicted 1975, and the "generations" would come to an end "before the end of 'this century" (1994-95). Didn't happen.

2. At every single assembly since 1920 - the speakers have claimed that Armageddon "would be soon upon us." I remember leaving the 1953 and 1958 International Conventions convinced that I would not graduate from high school in 1961. Brother Knorr and Brother Franz emphasized that prediction during their climactic public talks. They wouldn't lie to us - would they? (I will be attending my 50th class reunion next fall. I did live to graduate.)

3. The Watchtower Society is building like never before. Out with the old (Brooklyn Bethel), and in with the new (Walkill and Patterson, NY). They are building new Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls throughout the Western World and Africa. It makes no sense at all to be spending all that time and money on buildings that will likely be destroyed or seriously damaged during the "worldwide holocaust." The fact that they are building for the future tells me that they believe there will be a future and that they do not think that Armageddon is coming that soon - even though they still preach that at the all of the Assembly meetings.

So little girl, if you are a "little girl," read between the lines. The odds are very high that you will live a long life and be a grandmother someday.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

There could be a man-made Armagheddon...but if it will come it will not discern between JW and others. Their "protection" is an illusion.

• Ding
    Ding

Hebrews 2:14-15: "Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death-- that is, the devil--
    15 and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit